BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Bagged 2020 m2C

09-01-2019, 09:21 PM   #45
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO3PUTT View Post
Not judging at all. It's interesting to me that people driving an M car have no idea what bagged means. Air suspension is widely used these days. So for people to look at the car and ask silly questions like 'how can you drive like that?!' is outrageous.

I'm a huge fan of bagged cars. My Evo X was bagged. My current DD, MK7 GTI is bagged and when I purchase my M2 I will most likely do the same.
Why would M car owners know what bagged means? It’s a niche application and certainly seems like you wouldn’t do this if your goal is to go faster, as evidenced and explained by the OP. In fact, a quick search showed that virtually no performance car uses an air suspension and it’s almost exclusively a luxury ride thing.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 09:25 PM   #46
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsacks609 View Post
It's a little more stiff cornering feels great to me but I'm not one to track my car, everything is beyond what I even expected, it's all about not going for the inexpensive companies
Thanks, interesting concept for sure. Always wished the car had a front axle lifter. We have some aggressively graded roads here which occasionally makes it a pain to get on the road.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 06:18 AM   #47
NO3PUTT
Rep
Drives: 2016 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Why would M car owners know what bagged means? It’s a niche application and certainly seems like you wouldn’t do this if your goal is to go faster, as evidenced and explained by the OP. In fact, a quick search showed that virtually no performance car uses an air suspension and it’s almost exclusively a luxury ride thing.
Because most people that own an M car would consider themselves a car enthusiast. Air suspension is widely used in the automotive industry. It's been on the Ram 1500 for how many years now? Its used in the trucking industry for some time now as well. How about all those low rider builds? Air suspension and hydraulics. Ever been to a single car show in your life?! Like air suspension has around for 15-20 years. It's more popular now than ever.

If you have ever taken even 5 minutes to research how to lower your car you have come across 3 options. Coilovers, springs, and air suspension. If you are one of these people that buy cars and never modify them I can understand not knowing what air suspension is.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 11:10 AM   #48
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO3PUTT View Post
Because most people that own an M car would consider themselves a car enthusiast. Air suspension is widely used in the automotive industry. It's been on the Ram 1500 for how many years now? Its used in the trucking industry for some time now as well. How about all those low rider builds? Air suspension and hydraulics. Ever been to a single car show in your life?! Like air suspension has around for 15-20 years. It's more popular now than ever.

If you have ever taken even 5 minutes to research how to lower your car you have come across 3 options. Coilovers, springs, and air suspension. If you are one of these people that buy cars and never modify them I can understand not knowing what air suspension is.
Why are you so offended that people don’t know or care about air suspensions? Once again, no sports car uses an air suspension and the sports part is really why most of us are here. Obviously it’s not nearly as popular as you claim as evidenced by numerous members asking questions about how it works. Yes, we’ve fucking seen a low rider, but not many has seen a bagged M2c, hence the questions to this particular chassis. There would be similar questions if someone decided to put a M2 on donks or M2 with lift kit.

As for lowering the car, virtually all Ive owned has been lowered. I do it to generally improve handling which is why air suspension never comes up as an option. OP is of course welcome and entitled to do whatever he wants to his car. Gives us a unique build to talk over.
Appreciate 3
cptobvious2531.50
Robin_NL8679.50
gnx751.50
      09-03-2019, 06:57 AM   #49
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
I’ll just leave this here. Different strokes. But we all love cars. I also love this song. The post made me remember it and listen to it again. Thanks bag man.

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 07:39 AM   #50
DKM2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2

You do you. Not sure why so much hate for the car.
Thinking about putting bags on my car. Even at stock height, sometimes bottom of the front bumper scrapes going into parking lots.
Appreciate 0