07-29-2019, 02:15 PM   #266
atomic837
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4, 2009 135i, 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
Its the stock turbo on the n55, they really nerfed the engine with that one
I'd begrudgingly agree with this. I even messed with some of the Dinan power options and never felt satisfied with the power delivery and feel.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the M2C will convince me.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 12:02 PM   #267
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Comp F83

Interesting...I dont feel this way at all...and I'm coming from 2014 Cayman S NA engine.
Appreciate 2
heavyD^23684.00
termigni1080.00
      08-01-2019, 12:19 PM   #268
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

I don't know how anyone can call Sport mode lazy on the OG M2. It's the ideal compromise between Comfort and Sport+ which is arguably (I say this because it can be quite fun but I can see the cons) too responsive for daily driving or even track driving as ideally on a track you may not appreciate the twitchiness.
Appreciate 1
termigni1080.00
      08-01-2019, 05:40 PM   #269
Altra
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 AW M2

I actually really like sport + on the street. Sometimes (most times), I get lazy and don't want to push the pedal down far to get going at a good clip.
Appreciate 2
krizze924.00
1mm2431.50
      08-01-2019, 05:49 PM   #270
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altra View Post
I actually really like sport + on the street. Sometimes (most times), I get lazy and don't want to push the pedal down far to get going at a good clip.
I actually made it a habit of switching to Sport+ every time I got in my M2. And that's for my daily commute to work. On weekends, when I'm driving for fun, Sport+ is a must.
Unfortunately, my empirical evidence suggests that Sport+ increases fuel consumption. Not very significantly, but enough that I now use the default Comfort on my commute, and turn to Sport when traffic is heavy, just so the car reacts more predictably.
Comfort is brain dead. I don't know why DCT even allows manual switching in Comfort. You push the paddle to switch and Comfort goes... yeah, OK, got your intention, I'll switch when I see it fit.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 07:05 PM   #271
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
I don't know how anyone can call Sport mode lazy on the OG M2. It's the ideal compromise between Comfort and Sport+ which is arguably (I say this because it can be quite fun but I can see the cons) too responsive for daily driving or even track driving as ideally on a track you may not appreciate the twitchiness.
I agree , i love sport mode, its very springy and the car feels so light

Sport + is a lil too much for street driving ( i have dinan piggyback on my car, i noticed it felt different than what stock was when i first got it, but its been so long now i forgot what stock is like)
Appreciate 1
termigni1080.00
      08-01-2019, 07:07 PM   #272
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
I actually made it a habit of switching to Sport+ every time I got in my M2. And that's for my daily commute to work. On weekends, when I'm driving for fun, Sport+ is a must.
Unfortunately, my empirical evidence suggests that Sport+ increases fuel consumption. Not very significantly, but enough that I now use the default Comfort on my commute, and turn to Sport when traffic is heavy, just so the car reacts more predictably.
Comfort is brain dead. I don't know why DCT even allows manual switching in Comfort. You push the paddle to switch and Comfort goes... yeah, OK, got your intention, I'll switch when I see it fit.
Yea definitely sport+ will burn through you gas tank, like a bunch of dried leaves in the face of a forest fire, that may be an extreme analogy but you get my drift
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 08:53 AM   #273
JMurphM2Comp
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 SOM M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer28312 View Post
Honestly this is all pure entertainment for me lol it's funny how easily triggered some are getting. They're both bad ass cars
Same! I'm reading this thread shaking my head. I can't believe people are arguing, even getting upset with each other over whose M2 is better. They're M2s folks, one of the best machines on the road...period! I own an M2C but drool and give a thumbs up to any M2 I see. I just feel fortunate to be apart of this community.
Appreciate 7
Altra265.50
Aloha Joe391.00
tranck499.00
natmad667.00
BlkSVT388.50
termigni1080.00
hlm2c289.50
      08-02-2019, 09:12 AM   #274
Altra
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 AW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMurphM2Comp View Post
Same! I'm reading this thread shaking my head. I can't believe people are arguing, even getting upset with each other over whose M2 is better. They're M2s folks, one of the best machines on the road...period! I own an M2C but drool and give a thumbs up to any M2 I see. I just feel fortunate to be apart of this community.
Ditto! I get super excited and wave to any M2(c) I run into in the wild. That said, I love the forums cuz
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2019, 04:04 PM   #275
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altra View Post
Try dsc/mdm button if you want comfort throttle. You get the same lazy throttle but the DCT switching of gears is crisp and fast like sport mode.

Also I don't think sport+ increases gas consumption, at least I'm my testing, just have to be lighter on throttle.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 04:35 PM   #276
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep

Oh and sport+ uses mdm mode for the nanny mode
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 04:47 PM   #277
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Try dsc/mdm button if you want comfort throttle. You get the same lazy throttle but the DCT switching of gears is crisp and fast like sport mode.

Also I don't think sport+ increases gas consumption, at least I'm my testing, just have to be lighter on throttle.
Re-read post.
I don't want a lazy throttle. That's the reason for me to go into either Sport or Sport+
And I definitely don't want to turn DSC off. I tolerate DSC off in Sport+ because of the slam quick throttle. Not by choice.

Sport+ definitely costs more gas. If it didn't, BMW would have made Sport+ the default, not Comfort. You don't buy an M2 for comfort driving. Think about it.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 05:06 PM   #278
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Re-read post.
I don't want a lazy throttle. That's the reason for me to go into either Sport or Sport+
And I definitely don't want to turn DSC off. I tolerate DSC off in Sport+ because of the slam quick throttle. Not by choice.

Sport+ definitely costs more gas. If it didn't, BMW would have made Sport+ the default, not Comfort. You don't buy an M2 for comfort driving. Think about it.
Okay man just keep doing what you're doing. You said you default to Comfort for your commute in your post so just trying to help you out.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2019, 11:42 PM   #279
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Okay man just keep doing what you're doing. You said you default to Comfort for your commute in your post so just trying to help you out.
I tried the DSC off button today. Makes no difference.
Any links to where you got that information?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 01:53 PM   #280
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I tried the DSC off button today. Makes no difference.
Any links to where you got that information?
The manual has a chart that shows it increases shift speed, also is obvious when used to me, that's why I use it every day when letting the car warm up (it gets warm faster, has less aggressive cooling than sport or sport+) then switch to sport+ once warm.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1385679

You'll see under the DCT table that comfort is 1 in shift speed, mdm is 2 (short press DSC button), and sport+ is a 3.
Appreciate 1
jas159897.50
      08-05-2019, 11:24 AM   #281
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Since I have a 6 MT I don't get changes in tranny behavior in Sport +. I have a feeling that the fuel consumption increase is due to the sensitive throttle and in the case of the DCT holding gears longer.
It's too bad we can't just control every setting independently. I think Audi let's you do that.
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50
      08-05-2019, 12:14 PM   #282
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Since I have a 6 MT I don't get changes in tranny behavior in Sport +. I have a feeling that the fuel consumption increase is due to the sensitive throttle and in the case of the DCT holding gears longer.
It's too bad we can't just control every setting independently. I think Audi let's you do that.
That's for OG M2. Efficient/Sport/Sport+ engine modes has no effect on transmission in M2C just like M3/M4. Shifting characteristics of the DCT can be adjusted independently in S55 cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 02:33 PM   #283
MVista
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp.

Garage List
Congrats on your new M2C! IMO the M2C is the better car with slightly better power/styling/interior. I’ve always loved the competition models especially the wheels and brakes. I’d be proud to own either the OG or the C or any M car for that matter. People often complain about everything and seem not to appreciate what they have.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 03:17 AM   #284
BroDoze
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic837 View Post
Just my two cents to a beaten down topic. I owned an OG 2017 M2 which was intended to be the replacement to my 09 135i. I certainly enjoyed many aspects of the car, but for what it's worth, for every improvement over my "antique" 1-series, there seemed to be something else that felt like a step-back. My 135i seemed like it a had reasonable balance between the mechanical and the electronic... the M2 experience felt somewhat disconnected.

For what it's worth, I also found the power output to be significantly disappointing.... there was just something that felt "lazy" about the throttle and turbos in that car. Slamming the gas pedal felt like the car needed a second to wake-up before it engaged properly. My 135i does not have that feeling. There's tubo lag, yes, but it still feels as if pushing the gas has an immediate reaction, which only pulls stronger once the turbos fully engage. And to dispel any rumors - it was a stick shift and I played with all of the Sport+ settings.... those settings certainly made the throttle touchy, but they didn't change the laziness of output to any significant degree. I would assume (hope) that the S55 engine fixes this problem on the M2C. The N55 was, to me, a letdown of an engine - especially compared to the N54.

Suffice it to say, I sold the M2 about a year after I bought it. I'm still driving the 135i as my daily, and even though she's getting a bit old and tired, she can still put a smile on my face. If the M2C is truly the improvement that some are saying (and the least of my worries is that it sounds a bit worse), then I might consider it after my 135i takes its final bow.
I miss my 2010 135i bad. It was a freakin mechanical beast modded. Everything was instant. Throttle, torque, steering. You thought about it? It already did it.
I have not gotten quite those same feelings while test driving the M2Cs.
Need more seat time, and really, just need to freakin buy one.

Is the consensus that Sport is the best steering mode, not Sport+?
I keep reading here Sport has a tighter feel with less center play?
      09-13-2019, 11:03 AM   #285
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDoze View Post
I miss my 2010 135i bad. It was a freakin mechanical beast modded. Everything was instant. Throttle, torque, steering. You thought about it? It already did it.

I still have a 2012 135i.
Agreed on the tighter feel. I think most of it is in the hydraulic steering, vs the electric steering in the M2.
Sport+ is tighter than Sport, but it has the disadvantage of turning off DSC, which you do want on roads.
Sport on the roads. Sport+ on track. Comfort only when there's a passenger, as they may get nauseated with Sport+.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 12:31 PM   #286
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDoze View Post

I still have a 2012 135i.
Agreed on the tighter feel. I think most of it is in the hydraulic steering, vs the electric steering in the M2.
Sport+ is tighter than Sport, but it has the disadvantage of turning off DSC, which you do want on roads.
Sport on the roads. Sport+ on track. Comfort only when there's a passenger, as they may get nauseated with Sport+.
Sport+ on the steering in the M2C does not turn off traction control unless you select to turn it off. Would you happen to be talking about the OF M2?

Personally, I'm the mountain passes in Switzerland on my ED in my M2C I did half in Sport and the other half in comfort steering. After a while sport steering just tires you out and comfort steering feels damn near perfect for what it is.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0