BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Something New From Remus USA

07-19-2019, 09:10 AM   #23
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Any updates on the install and sound clips? Juicehead
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 09:17 AM   #24
Juicehead
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Raptor

Sorry for the silence guys, I have been working like crazy trying to get ready for a trade show next week. I am just getting ready to walk out in the garage and get this thing installed.

Stay tuned...
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 03:07 PM   #25
Juicehead
Lieutenant
Rep

Ok, the exhaust is installed. I have not yet gone on a drive but the videos below are a quick comparison between the race and sport axleback.

Let me start off by saying, gone are the days that I enjoy wrenching until today. For once, I actually enjoyed installing something myself, this says alot for Remus. I was amazed how easy the race came off and the sport went on and did not rush anything whatsoever. Having the exhaust in multiple pieces makes things extremely adjustable and easy to mount up.

My initial impression from the revs that the video may/may not pick up is that it takes the 'sharp edge' off the sound due to the DPs. The rasp seems somewhat subdued vs the race as well.

In the rev videos, the revs were 2000, 3000, 4000, then quick 5000-6000

I will be back later this evening with feedback on the initial road test, once again, stay tuned...

Race - Startup with valves closed
https://youtu.be/3hkWo4LsaK0

Race - Startup with valves open
https://youtu.be/JRaRMI4phug

Race - Revs with valves closed then open
https://youtu.be/qLJ-Pg_VSUc

Sport - Startup with valves closed
https://youtu.be/7xTOaEyaPPo

Sport - Startup with valves open
https://youtu.be/axCHE1p3C4s

Sport - Revs with valves closed
https://youtu.be/HURkWTZzFiE

Sport - Revs with valves open
https://youtu.be/4WZschyuYY0
Appreciate 3
M-Pilot4859.00
RemusUSA227.50
TProfit81.50
      07-20-2019, 08:56 PM   #26
Juicehead
Lieutenant
Rep

Ok, I finally was able to put some miles on the new setup.

Initial Impressions

Valves Closed
Cruising around town and freeway driving is about the same volume as completely stock in sport+. On the freeway, the exhaust note could not be heard over the road noise.

Valves Open
This is were the biggest change occurs. It is just a bit quieter, but also a deeper tone. It is definitely still aggressive in sport+. The rasp is for the most part gone.

Conclusion
I still really like the sound of race rear setup. It is raw, very aggressive (when you wanted it to be) and still didn't drone, but even with the valves closed, it may bother some people. If I were to ever to reinstall the cats, I would definitely use the race rear, or on the other hand, I get an alternate daily driver.

The sport back is the solution if you want to go catless, but still want something semi stock sounding with the valves closed. I was honestly amazed at the difference in sound between valves open and closed, it was Jekyll and Hyde.
Appreciate 1
M-Pilot4859.00
      07-21-2019, 02:37 AM   #27
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Definitely better with the sport exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 11:17 AM   #28
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
I couldn't really tell much difference between sport and race in terms of volume while watching on my phone and I'll rewatch these with a headphone but videos usually don't capture the real volume. So I need your feedback Juicehead Is there a big difference between:

- Sport valves closed vs Race valves closed
- Sport vlaves open vs Race valves open?

From the video they sounded similarly loud to me especially when the valves are open but as I said, I might be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 04:25 PM   #29
Juicehead
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
I couldn't really tell much difference between sport and race in terms of volume while watching on my phone and I'll rewatch these with a headphone but videos usually don't capture the real volume. So I need your feedback Juicehead Is there a big difference between:

- Sport valves closed vs Race valves closed
- Sport vlaves open vs Race valves open?

From the video they sounded similarly loud to me especially when the valves are open but as I said, I might be wrong.

sport vs race valves open
About as loud, little too no rasp, deeper tone

Sport vs race valves closed
Night and day. I am M6 so at 80mph, I am at 3000 rpm. With the race, there was a very slight hmm (keep in mind, I am catless) so I don’t know if this exists with cats. With the sport, this is completely gone. It is about as loud as stock in sport+. This is the best way I can explain it.
Appreciate 2
M-Pilot4859.00
ssabripo939.00
      07-23-2019, 06:08 PM   #30
RemusUSA
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: One of each

REMUS M2 Competition Sport Exhaust

@Juicehead Just wanted to give a quick shout to Mike for producing a great set of comparison videos between the Race and Sport versions of the REMUS M2 Comp systems we offer. It really helps us and the forum members out as we have very limited support from factory so having the community contribute like they have is invaluable.

Also @SumBloodyGuy for letting us use his M2 Comp to produce our video for the Race version. Couldn't do it without you guys.

I also received word from the factory that we are finishing up production on the GPF/Secondary Cats back replacement tube that eliminates the huge silencer located between the GPF/Secondary cats and the axle back section.

This means the system remains CARB legal in California as it keeps all emissions related hardware installed. I am not sure about DB levels but emissions for sure we are good to go.

Please see picture below of the silencer that is replaced with racing tubes for our new release. I will post official images as soon as I receive them.

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 09:07 PM   #31
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicehead View Post
sport vs race valves open
About as loud, little too no rasp, deeper tone

Sport vs race valves closed
Night and day. I am M6 so at 80mph, I am at 3000 rpm. With the race, there was a very slight hmm (keep in mind, I am catless) so I don’t know if this exists with cats. With the sport, this is completely gone. It is about as loud as stock in sport+. This is the best way I can explain it.
This is all with the ASD off right?

I would like an exhaust that is a little louder with ASD off than the OEM in Sport + ASD on...

I know that sounds confusing but once I turned off the ASD I realized the stock exhaust was essentially silent...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 08:17 AM   #32
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicehead View Post
Ok, I finally was able to put some miles on the new setup.

Initial Impressions

Valves Closed
Cruising around town and freeway driving is about the same volume as completely stock in sport+. On the freeway, the exhaust note could not be heard over the road noise.

Valves Open
This is were the biggest change occurs. It is just a bit quieter, but also a deeper tone. It is definitely still aggressive in sport+. The rasp is for the most part gone.

Conclusion
I still really like the sound of race rear setup. It is raw, very aggressive (when you wanted it to be) and still didn't drone, but even with the valves closed, it may bother some people. If I were to ever to reinstall the cats, I would definitely use the race rear, or on the other hand, I get an alternate daily driver.

The sport back is the solution if you want to go catless, but still want something semi stock sounding with the valves closed. I was honestly amazed at the difference in sound between valves open and closed, it was Jekyll and Hyde.
So are you basically saying when valves open, they are similar but the main difference is how stock like the sport can be valves closed?

Sport w/ closed valves = basically stock
Sport w/ open valves = almost race level (a good thing)

Race w/ closed valves = much louder than stock but not ridiculous
Race w/ open valves = heaven
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0