11-10-2020, 03:55 PM   #24
rcouchh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
Don't think you buy the CS just for the performance increase. Don't think you buy it just for the cosmetic upgrades, don't think you buy it just for it's exclusivity. But, when you add all of that up you do have a very compelling car. The performance bump is likely the least important of the three aspects which is good because power is easy to make in the M2 and not really needed. Cosmetically, it will be tough to build an M2 comp into an M2cs for an extra $25k using factory parts. Exclusivity it's something you can't build either.

A lot of people get hung up on the base price of a Comp compared to the base of the CS. They are far from being equivalent though.

To get a Comp close to CS spec will quickly get you to the same amount of money or more. As an example, my white, manual car stickered for $74k, add M763 wheels and it hit $80k. Installing the M-perf suspension with alignment after the sale was another $3k. Now you have a M2 Comp with a better exhaust, heated steering wheel, arm rest but no carbon roof, no carbon hood, no bad ass seats, no adj susp, no factory power bump, no red calipers and absolutely not the exclusivity of the CS. Let's not even mention resale value of an $83k M2 comp vs an $85k M2 CS.

At the end of the day BMW has created a lot of very cool product and given people with different means and desires the opportunity to spend their money however they want. For some that's an M2 og, for some it's an M2 comp and some its the CS. All three are fantastic cars and should celebrated by the members of this community not picked on because of personal preference or bias towards specific model.
Just letting you know, you can get almost every part the CS has over the M2C for 5 figures less $. Anyone whos dumb enough to buy the M763, hood, all the overpriced carbon pieces straight from BMW for MSRP obviously will spend more yeah.

Any smart person could get a simple tune to outperform the M2CS' "upgraded power", GT style hood, coilovers, an even better quality CF aero kit (that isn't at a 300% markup for being "BMW", yet still made in China), powdercoat the brakes and whatever you want. You'd still be able to save probably close to $10,000. Sure the roof would be expensive to replace but you could still get an RKP roof, have it installed and be under the M2CS price point.

The "exclusivity" is not worth the massive markup, especially not if you already own an M2C.
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8679.50
      11-10-2020, 05:16 PM   #25
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Yes. I need to carry two road bikes.

The mankind evolved with time and invented something better: https://www.seasucker.com/

Last edited by kart driver; 11-10-2020 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 05:42 PM   #26
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by QM View Post
That's what I thought. We're talking an M2 CS here, not some out and out track weapon like the

*checks notes*

Toyota Camry TRD.

Via Car & Driver:
Quote:
The suspension changes are matched by stiffer underbody braces and a V-brace behind the rear seats (as a result, those seats cannot fold as they do on the regular Camry).
Appreciate 1
Bumpinjeep5363.50
      11-10-2020, 09:05 PM   #27
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart driver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Yes. I need to carry two road bikes.

The mankind evolved with time and invented something better: https://www.seasucker.com/

[img]https://pixs.ru/images/2020/11/11/46...B1BC4296BE.jpg[/img]
I would be extremely worried on this type of mount carrying most road bikes, which typically cost $7k to $12k for most intermediate or expert cyclists. Suction mount holding up a bike - I pass on that. now as GoPro or Garmin - sure.
DanG10444.00
      11-10-2020, 10:05 PM   #28
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMadness View Post
I would be extremely worried on this type of mount carrying most road bikes, which typically cost $7k to $12k for most intermediate or expert cyclists. Suction mount holding up a bike - I pass on that. now as GoPro or Garmin - sure.
I agree. Our bikes are too expensive for me to trust a suction cup.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 12:49 AM   #29
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

I'm going from an M3 competition to an M2 CS, to me it's worth it. The M2 is easily the best M car in the line up in terms of BMW heritage. Why not own the "ultimate" m2. The new M3 is a stunting car for instagram flex, devoid of any BMW roots and passion.

Add in the rarity factor, only manual available in "CS" form, factory tune with in-tact warranty, smaller wheelbase, adaptive suspension and all the aesthetic extras (OEM CF) and it's most def worth the price of admission.

Sure you can get a cheap CS knockoff hood on your m2c with iffy fitment and a bad paint match, unless you blend the fenders, which means you're modifying OEM paint on OEM panels and lowering the value of the car. I barely have any carbon on my m3 because I refuse to buy anything that isn't OEM - the quality of aftermarket CF sucks and I've tried all the brands. If you splurge on something like 3d design its actually MORE than OEM BMW.

Add in all the CF goodies and you're at or around the price of the M2 CS that you can finance in 1 package for 0.9 interest.

The M2C is a fantastic car with great value, if that's what you're shooting for, can't argue that.. you can make your m2 comp like a CS, but unless you cheap out on every part its been made clear that it'll cost you the same or more, minus the exclusivity, OEM, etc. I tuned my M3 and make more power than the M2 comp/CS, but I anxiously pray everytime I go WOT waiting for the crank to slip and BMW to tell me they aren't covering the car because of the tune.

I say don't knock people willing to spend the money, because I honestly don't see cheaping out and trying to make an M2C like a CS attractive either. The other thing I'll add is that early reviews that have come back on the CS have been fantastic- each version of the M2 has been "held back" in some regard in comparison to their bigger brother (m3/m4) - reviewers feel the car has been completely unleashed and that it's significantly better than the m3/m4 in every aspect without the worry of having to step on its big brother toes with those cars having gone out of production in favor for the g8x series.

Different strokes for different folks - doesn't make either approach "wrong'.
2015 335i (retired)

Last edited by gemini.m3; 11-11-2020 at 01:42 AM..
Appreciate 6
      11-11-2020, 01:05 PM   #30
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
I'm going from an M3 competition to an M2 CS, to me it's worth it. The M2 is easily the best M car in the line up in terms of BMW heritage. Why not own the "ultimate" m2. The new M3 is a stunting car for instagram flex, devoid of any BMW roots and passion.

Add in the rarity factor, only manual available in "CS" form, factory tune with in-tact warranty, smaller wheelbase, adaptive suspension and all the aesthetic extras (OEM CF) and it's most def worth the price of admission.

Sure you can get a cheap CS knockoff hood on your m2c with iffy fitment and a bad paint match, unless you blend the fenders, which means you're modifying OEM paint on OEM panels and lowering the value of the car. I barely have any carbon on my m3 because I refuse to buy anything that isn't OEM - the quality of aftermarket CF sucks and I've tried all the brands. If you splurge on something like 3d design its actually MORE than OEM BMW.

Add in all the CF goodies and you're at or around the price of the M2 CS that you can finance in 1 package for 0.9 interest.

The M2C is a fantastic car with great value, if that's what you're shooting for, can't argue that.. you can make your m2 comp like a CS, but unless you cheap out on every part its been made clear that it'll cost you the same or more, minus the exclusivity, OEM, etc. I tuned my M3 and make more power than the M2 comp/CS, but I anxiously pray everytime I go WOT waiting for the crank to slip and BMW to tell me they aren't covering the car because of the tune.

I say don't knock people willing to spend the money, because I honestly don't see cheaping out and trying to make an M2C like a CS attractive either. The other thing I'll add is that early reviews that have come back on the CS have been fantastic- each version of the M2 has been "held back" in some regard in comparison to their bigger brother (m3/m4) - reviewers feel the car has been completely unleashed and that it's significantly better than the m3/m4 in every aspect without the worry of having to step on its big brother toes with those cars having gone out of production in favor for the g8x series.

Don't listen to the "you can make an M2CS" stuff, you can't. Enjoy your exclusive CS, I'm a jealous M2C owner.
Appreciate 3
COChris887.50
Davil6333.50
MDuckie93.00
      11-11-2020, 01:57 PM   #31
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

I don’t see the CS as a upgrade for my needs. It’s cool but it would be more of a step sideways than a better drivers experience. The price difference is what it is providing you actually want the entire M-Performance catalog on your car (I ain’t that guy).

I like to personalize my car myself as opposed to a factory turn key. I under stand the appeal of the CS if you don’t enjoy customizing.
Performance gains are so nominal that either M2C or M2CS can get a proper aftermarket tune for real stupid hp gains if you feel the need.
Seeing what they did to the M3/M4, I would bet the M2CS will get a lot of attention to new performance buyers.

Last edited by MystroX5; 11-11-2020 at 02:10 PM..
Appreciate 3
COChris887.50
Robin_NL8679.50
Fabb227.50
      11-12-2020, 09:58 AM   #32
GregInNewMexico
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Garage List
Quote:

I don't see anyone knocking folks for getting the M2CS. I must have missed it? I do think there are very valid reasons for getting one, like the exclusivity factor, but other than the factory bump in HP and spoiler, very few of the features appeal to me.

I was offered my dealers one CS allocation, but I had already decided against it. I love my car as is and won't feel jealous when I see the CS around. Maybe later I will get a tune, but this cars performance potential in stock form is currently beyond my driving abilities.
2006 325i
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 01:33 PM   #33
kart driver
Captain
Rep

I would change my M2C to M2cs if they offered full leather interrior with nappa like they provide in M3/4/5/8.
That is my only serious complaint for M2C.

M2cs in its current form doesn’t look appealing to me to pay extra money for it.

Suspension - I would install MP coilovers anyway.
Carbon hood and other elements are of no interest to me except for diffuser and rear spoiler, which I already have on my car.
Extra power - it is not that different from M2C.
Armrest - I definitely need it
Exhaust - different look but no sound improvement
No some special color is provided, which would be of interest to me.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      11-12-2020, 04:59 PM   #34
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
I would change my M2C to M2cs if they offered full leather interrior with nappa like they provide in M3/4/5/8.

M2cs in its current form doesn't look appealing to me to pay extra money for it.

Carbon hood and other elements are of no interest to me except for diffuser and rear spoiler, which I already have on my car.
...the CS does come with Napa leather btw.
      11-12-2020, 08:53 PM   #35
pawelczyk7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m2 comp 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
Don't think you buy the CS just for the performance increase. Don't think you buy it just for the cosmetic upgrades, don't think you buy it just for it's exclusivity. But, when you add all of that up you do have a very compelling car. The performance bump is likely the least important of the three aspects which is good because power is easy to make in the M2 and not really needed. Cosmetically, it will be tough to build an M2 comp into an M2cs for an extra $25k using factory parts. Exclusivity it's something you can't build either.

A lot of people get hung up on the base price of a Comp compared to the base of the CS. They are far from being equivalent though.

To get a Comp close to CS spec will quickly get you to the same amount of money or more. As an example, my white, manual car stickered for $74k, add M763 wheels and it hit $80k. Installing the M-perf suspension with alignment after the sale was another $3k. Now you have a M2 Comp with a better exhaust, heated steering wheel, arm rest but no carbon roof, no carbon hood, no bad ass seats, no adj susp, no factory power bump, no red calipers and absolutely not the exclusivity of the CS. Let's not even mention resale value of an $83k M2 comp vs an $85k M2 CS.

At the end of the day BMW has created a lot of very cool product and given people with different means and desires the opportunity to spend their money however they want. For some that's an M2 og, for some it's an M2 comp and some its the CS. All three are fantastic cars and should celebrated by the members of this community not picked on because of personal preference or bias towards specific model.
good points.......... i have a 2020 HS 6 speed.. my car was 64 k and i added 763m wheels and cup 2 tires = $6400.... m performance exhaust = $4500 ( i opted not to get the tips ) ...... AA mid pipe = $1000 installed..... Dinan performance + software $2400 k ( increase 58 hp 50 + ft lb trq ( EcU had to be taken out an sent to Dinan etc) factory matching warranty 4 yr 50 k by dinan,,,, gave the car the extra power and torque it was lacking across the rev range without being crazy etc.( crank hub issue at the back of my mind and now i sleep without any worry ) . window tint $250 k and PP protection front of car $1000 so all in approx. 79 k .... and sounds and performs great !!!! these cars need and aftermarket exhaust !! the m performance is costly but worth it for quality , sound weight savings etc.. coilovers in the spring and i think the car will be perfect ..... i will also lookt to sell my stock 788 wheels and tires to pay for the coilovers so a wash there...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 01:55 AM   #36
scoale
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 /M2C/540

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 BMW 540  [0.00]
2013 Porsche Boxster S  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

M2cs in its current form doesn’t look appealing to me to pay extra money for it.

Some good points. I, too, would not make switch on basis of CF, power, and exhaust. I do however, value the lighter and dramatically better looking 763s, and the improved steering and suspension tuning. And I would value a comfort mode suspension option, in addition to sport/sport+. I know you mention MP coilovers but I'm not looking for a stiffer ride.

At CS pricing, I personally would rather have an M2c plus a decent E46, or a lightly used 981 Cayman GT4. But I can certainly appreciate the attraction of the CS and I wouldn't question anyone who chooses to get one.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 02:10 AM   #37
scoale
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 /M2C/540

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 BMW 540  [0.00]
2013 Porsche Boxster S  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelcztyk7 View Post
good points.......... i have a 2020 HS 6 speed.. my car was 64 k and i added 763m wheels and cup 2 tires = $6400.... m performance exhaust = $4500 ( i opted not to get the tips ) ...... AA mid pipe = $1000 installed..... Dinan performance + software $2400 k ( increase 58 hp 50 + ft lb trq ( EcU had to be taken out an sent to Dinan etc) factory matching warranty 4 yr 50 k by dinan,,,, gave the car the extra power and torque it was lacking across the rev range without being crazy etc.( crank hub issue at the back of my mind and now i sleep without any worry ) . window tint $250 k and PP protection front of car $1000 so all in approx. 79 k .... and sounds and performs great !!!! these cars need and aftermarket exhaust !! the m performance is costly but worth it for quality , sound weight savings etc.. coilovers in the spring and i think the car will be perfect ..... i will also lookt to sell my stock 788 wheels and tires to pay for the coilovers so a wash there...
Agree that many will be closer to CS money than they realize by the time they are done with their cars. Like you, I intend to purchase 763s. I'm also tempted to get m performance exhaust and lighter brake setup. I would gladly set money on fire for a suspension setup that improves ride without sacrificing handling/steering - but don't know what that would be. In summary, you could easily approach $80k, at which point you are near M2cs, lightly used Cayman GTS, or lightly used M3/M4cs money.
Appreciate 1
MDuckie93.00
      11-13-2020, 05:48 AM   #38
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoale View Post
Agree that many will be closer to CS money than they realize by the time they are done with their cars. Like you, I intend to purchase 763s. I'm also tempted to get m performance exhaust and lighter brake setup. I would gladly set money on fire for a suspension setup that improves ride without sacrificing handling/steering - but don't know what that would be. In summary, you could easily approach $80k, at which point you are near M2cs, lightly used Cayman GTS, or lightly used M3/M4cs money.

I have a close friend of mine. He is a real car maniac.

He owns:
- X6M two cars (one for himself and the other for his wife)
- 911 GT3
- M2C
- one young-timer
- and is considering to add one more car to his garage (his choice is between GT4 and McLaren 600LT or alternatively to add one more young timer like Ferrari F355).

He is absolutely happy with his M2C and is against changing his M2C to M2cs due to the fact that he doesn't see the point why spending more money and get in principle the same car.

As you can see from the list of his cars above, it is not the matter of lack of money for him.
And I absolutely agree with him. For the M2cs price tag you just buy the GT4 which is a car of a different level.
Appreciate 1
MystroX56244.50
      11-13-2020, 06:22 AM   #39
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
For me, M2C was my favourite car ever. M2cs is the final perfected form. I need to have it and take delivery early January. I will likely keep it forever as it is an end of an era car that greatly appeals to me. I will be very upset saying goodbye to the M2C as it is brilliant. Cayman is not a competitor, CS it is closer to 911, and I went and looked at the 911, it's nice but it leaves me cold. The M2 presses the right buttons for me. It has that something that I love. Just a great fun all rounder.
Appreciate 5
COChris887.50
BigKutta3870.50
Moflow2484.50
bri10425751.00
MDuckie93.00
      11-14-2020, 07:17 AM   #40
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

I have 30 years of 911 ownership. I traded in a C4S for my M2C. (the M2C is a hell of a lot more fun and better balanced.) It’s as connected as you can get with a modern car. I still own a classic 911 but have zero interest in the 992 after several test drives. I get some of you put the Porsche on a pedestal or even bucket list because you haven’t owned one yet. I encourage you to go for it and get it out of your system. They have their own feel (at least they use to) but not necessarily better, just different. Snag a clean 991 as they are pretty reasonable and will give you a idea of the direction of a modern 911. Every car enthusiast NEEDS to own at least one 911 to really have perspective of what is what.
You will see what I am talking about with how good the M2C is and has a more organic feel.

Last edited by MystroX5; 11-14-2020 at 07:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 08:19 AM   #41
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:

He owns:
- 911 GT3
- M2C
- one young-timer
- and is considering to add one more car to his garage (his choice is between GT4 and McLaren 600LT or alternatively to add one more young timer like Ferrari F355).

He is absolutely happy with his M2C and is against changing his M2C to M2cs due to the fact that he doesn't see the point why spending more money and get in principle the same car.

As you can see from the list of his cars above, it is not the matter of lack of money for him.
And I absolutely agree with him. For the M2cs price tag you just buy the GT4 which is a car of a different level.
That's some weird logic to prove a point. Nice try.
Appreciate 1
MDuckie93.00
      11-14-2020, 04:17 PM   #42
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

Quote:

He owns:
- 911 GT3
- M2C
- one young-timer

A decent spec gt4 is like 115k before taxes man, there’s a 20 grand difference between that and a cs I think
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 04:44 PM   #43
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
A decent spec gt4 is like 115k before taxes man, there’s a 20 grand difference between that and a cs I think

It is different in Europe.
112K euro GT4 vs 101k euro M2cs.

Both cars specced in a very good way although no ceramic brakes were added.
And at the same time Cayman GTS turns out to be exactly same price as M2CS.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 06:24 PM   #44
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
It is different in Europe.
112K euro GT4 vs 101k euro M2cs.

Both cars specced in a very good way although no ceramic brakes were added.
And at the same time Cayman GTS turns out to be exactly same price as M2CS.
And that keeps popping up. I think a lot of folk watch Euro reviews and then never actually look at what a GTS or GT4 costs in the US vs. the M2C and CS.

The comparison is against a zero-option 718 Base to the M2C, or a zero-option GTS 4.0 to the M2CS. The Cayman S is between the two M2 models, and the GT4 is right out.

Add options to make the specs and equipment equivalent, but it basically comes down to a Base Cayman vs the M2C and an S against the M2CS. And you'd still have to hold back options.

In the US, the M2's are a value proposition that they aren't in some places (or weren't since they're basically out of production in Europe).

Last edited by bri1042; 11-16-2020 at 06:08 AM..
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50