BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > =HELP= M2 CS exhaust valve in Efficient mode: how it works exactly?

09-26-2023, 04:24 PM   #1
Lunatico80
F87: The Last True M Car
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C '20

=HELP= M2 CS exhaust valve in Efficient mode: how it works exactly?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Dear All,

I would ask help from the owners of M2 CS cars... to help me at understand how it works exactly the exhaust valve in Efficient mode.
I would considering only the exhaust valve on M2 CS because on M2 Competition I already know that they work differently.

Check-up will take just few minutes of time from the owner without stress or more.
Feedback can be made only from M2 CS cars originally, means not tuned (valve exhaust original and no tune on DME, not adjustement by E-Sys and not installation of CAN-BUS module that control the exhaust flap...).

During the tests please to have an led torch to check the real position of the exhaust valve into the exhaust final pipes (I suggest you to check simply the single LH side car of the exhaust final pipe because anyway both valves LH+RH works togheter). Please not considering simply the "ear noise" because the noise depend from many factors and not only from the exhaust valve position.
Car must be still.

Please to follow step by step as follow:

1) First of all, when you switch ON the car without touching the drive mode button, in which modality the car are switched ON? Efficient, Sport or Sport Plus mode?

2) Please cold start engine without touching the throttle but just switch the drive mode button in Efficient mode (only in case car was not already automatically switched ON in Efficient mode).
Question: at this moment the exhaust valve are open or close?

3) Please always without never touching the throttle, after a couple of minutes from the cold start when the engine coming stable to idling RPM, the exhaust valve are open or close?

4) After the point 3) descripted above, if you press just a moment the throttle, after that the exhaust valve will remain open or close?

Feedback tests from USA cars version and EU cars version will be appreciate a lot because the cars are maneged differently concenirng the exhaust emmission rules (CAT for USA cars and OPF for EU cars).

Many thanks to everyone will want do it the tests and reply at all four points.

Last edited by Lunatico80; 09-27-2023 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: Simplification of questions
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 02:37 PM   #2
cwunch
Turkey
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Hi, I will try to get back to you when I check it. Mine is a EU spec.
Best M car to drive, worst M car to hear… Especially low rpm, in city driving, it sounds just like a 2lt Z4
I dont know what to do with this exhaust system.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 04:59 AM   #3
NPTM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwunch View Post
Hi, I will try to get back to you when I check it. Mine is a EU spec.
Best M car to drive, worst M car to hear… Especially low rpm, in city driving, it sounds just like a 2lt Z4
I dont know what to do with this exhaust system.
Equal length midpipe = done
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 02:17 PM   #4
cwunch
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPTM View Post
Equal length midpipe = done
While eliminating opf’s? Also the mid silencer?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 02:20 PM   #5
cwunch
Turkey
Rep

By the way, I have read it somewhere on this forum and it works, finally I heard the click sound of my valves …

Turn the ignition on, before starting the engine, press on gas pedal, valves open. Then start your engine… I do not know the rest of the cycle yet
Appreciate 0