BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Owner Topic - MR from Czech Republic - M2 CSL Turbomeister Edition revealed

05-21-2020, 01:39 AM   #617
LakiTopalovich
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
News back from the dealer... Car is getting a new camshaft and head.

Now waiting for the importer to sign off the warranty case and the car will get repaired.

That will take max another two weeks, which is annoying but it is what it is.

MR
How come you still have a valid warranty after all the mods you've done?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 04:16 AM   #618
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLife View Post
Ohhhh whattt....Can the dealer give you photos of the damaged parts after replacing? Will lifters and all be replaced too? Sorry to hear that man
Not sure they will, we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Wow, you don't hear about that kind of defect often. Did they say what exactly happened?
Nope, just that they need to replace it. Be aware dealers replace, don't repair! If they see something is wrong, they will ask for a new part and install it, not fix the existing part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakiTopalovich View Post
How come you still have a valid warranty after all the mods you've done?
Because I have warranty on the parts that weren't changed. Engine is stock, no tuning until after the crank hub fix is installed and the warranty is gone in September.

MR
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 05:34 AM   #619
LakiTopalovich
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Because I have warranty on the parts that weren't changed. Engine is stock, no tuning until after the crank hub fix is installed and the warranty is gone in September.

MR
This changes a lot for me regarding Akrapovic evolution
I'll make inquiries with my local garage
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 10:51 AM   #620
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Quote:
For crying out loud... It has happened again. A stone got stuck between the brake caliper and the rim barrel. Not right, but left this time. Damn it...

I am done with it. I have emailed Tarox, talking to another supplier and going to call the importer for AP Racing. I am going to fix a 380mm disc with a 6-pots caliper. The lightest solution wins...

The annoying bit is that when I called some insiders following my rim situation, I heard that BMW M simply messed this one up. They know internally that in the design phase this should not have happened, because many clients have complained about it.

They are aware that the design of the disc, caliper and steering construction and setup is faulty and should not have been done like that. Stupid thing is that they had the same on the M4 GTS so I feel saving cost was the driver here.

But then again it is what it is... Not much else we can do. Another new rim incoming. With a 4 mm thick barrel any damage means a new BBS rim.

Onwards... I have more to repair. The engine still has the hydraulic lifter noise, the turn indicators are malfunctioning and giving errors, and I will try again and see if I can clean the holes in the discs. Gonna do a bit more work in the workshop tomorrow. BMWs hey... mine clearly is in love with my mechanic.

MR
Did Tarox get back to you regarding weight of their sets?
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 05:18 AM   #621
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nope, never... They pointed me to a blog post that was irrelevant. Asked again and again pointed to the same blog post that was irrelevant to what I wanted. I moved on and decided for AP Racing and Nashin. If you want weight saving and more space between the rim and caliper, you don't offer me a 8-pots front caliper.

MR
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2020, 03:18 PM   #622
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
The car is back and the repairs have been done. The head and camshaft have been replaced. I have an overview of the work done to the car and the noise is gone.

It is now 500 km of driving easy and making sure I run in the new parts with ease. Great help by the dealer and the whole process took about 1.5 weeks to get it fully done and repaired. Total cost was roughly 8250 EUR. All work was done under warranty.

Now it is back driving the car and enjoying it again. All issues have been cleared up. Next step are sourcing a CS bonnet, MPE trunk and a new front brake kit.

MR
Appreciate 2
      08-06-2020, 03:50 AM   #623
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Several months later and we are now touching 45K km on the odo. The car has been making way across Europe and I have had a warranty check done on the car, since my warranty ends in September.

Main niggles that have been fixed are the right rear lights after it gave a failure and we decided to replace the steering unit, since it was faulty. It made an interesting noise that we fixed by replacing it.

Other than this, one or two little things and noises to look into, but for now it is full focus on getting the Turbomeister TopazSkin installed on the car later this month. We will take a long time to do the process properly, so I don't expect to have the car back until like October.

The carbon hood from Alpha N and the carbon trunk plus all the little parts to install them are on their way to Topaz Detailing. The car is heading there in a few weeks time. Currently in the workshop lowering it to a proper stance that fits the Turbomeister look, and then it is driving a bit with more testing if all is well before driving it to the UK to start the Topaz Detailing process. With my car gone I will use the M8C and M2 CS, which I will have for a few weeks.

Only thing I am looking for is gold / orange transparent vinyl for the headlights to resemble the set up on the concept car. Anyone knows any vinyl like this then please let me know.

Oh, and before I forget a few more things on my mind I want to do:

- Waiting for the front brake kit to arrive in the UK. It was massively delayed. I hope I can get it fixed in the UK.
- Carbon engine cover and cover for charge cooler in the engine bay
- Upgrade M4 GTS seats (only if I can get them at a good price, else just no)
- Software changes (Steering software from M4 GTS, differential software of M4 GTS, gearbox software from M2 CS)
- ECU tune to 500 hp and 600 Nm, limiting the torque (no need for wheel spin in every gear)

MR
Appreciate 2
JustChris17423.00
Robin_NL8679.50
      08-06-2020, 05:00 PM   #624
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Quote:
Several months later and we are now touching 45K km on the odo. The car has been making way across Europe and I have had a warranty check done on the car, since my warranty ends in September.

Main niggles that have been fixed are the right rear lights after it gave a failure and we decided to replace the steering unit, since it was faulty. It made an interesting noise that we fixed by replacing it.

Other than this, one or two little things and noises to look into, but for now it is full focus on getting the Turbomeister TopazSkin installed on the car later this month. We will take a long time to do the process properly, so I don't expect to have the car back until like October.

The carbon hood from Alpha N and the carbon trunk plus all the little parts to install them are on their way to Topaz Detailing. The car is heading there in a few weeks time. Currently in the workshop lowering it to a proper stance that fits the Turbomeister look, and then it is driving a bit with more testing if all is well before driving it to the UK to start the Topaz Detailing process. With my car gone I will use the M8C and M2 CS, which I will have for a few weeks.

Only thing I am looking for is gold / orange transparent vinyl for the headlights to resemble the set up on the concept car. Anyone knows any vinyl like this then please let me know.

Oh, and before I forget a few more things on my mind I want to do:

- Waiting for the front brake kit to arrive in the UK. It was massively delayed. I hope I can get it fixed in the UK.
- Carbon engine cover and cover for charge cooler in the engine bay
- Upgrade M4 GTS seats (only if I can get them at a good price, else just no)
- Software changes (Steering software from M4 GTS, differential software of M4 GTS, gearbox software from M2 CS)
- ECU tune to 500 hp and 600 Nm, limiting the torque (no need for wheel spin in every gear)

MR
Hi Mark,

Who’s doing the ECU tune?
Is there any guarantee the power delivery will be smooth as with the original software?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 06:43 AM   #625
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kart driver View Post
Hi Mark,

Who’s doing the ECU tune?
Is there any guarantee the power delivery will be smooth as with the original software?
My personal tuner in the Netherlands. He is known for making things like this happen.

MR
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 07:28 AM   #626
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
- Software changes (Steering software from M4 GTS, differential software of M4 GTS, gearbox software from M2

Is this done via ECU or in a different way?
In other words can this be done in a way that the factory warranty is still there?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 12:31 PM   #627
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Nope, never... They pointed me to a blog post that was irrelevant. Asked again and again pointed to the same blog post that was irrelevant to what I wanted. I moved on and decided for AP Racing and Nashin. If you want weight saving and more space between the rim and caliper, you don't offer me a 8-pots front caliper.

MR
I know you already ordered a different set but I reached out to a local Tarox seller as I was still curious. The 8 piston is 4.5kg per caliper. Their 8 piston is smaller than the stock 6! It's interesting. I'm still undecided
Attached Images

-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 05:56 PM   #628
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Is this done via ECU or in a different way?
In other words can this be done in a way that the factory warranty is still there?
Not sure it can be done like that, but my warranty is gone next month, so I don't care much. I only have two years warranty.

MR
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 02:15 AM   #629
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

8 piston jeez.
      08-08-2020, 02:41 AM   #630
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Not sure it can be done like that, but my warranty is gone next month, so I don't care much. I only have two years warranty.

MR

Don’t you have an option of extended warranty for up to 5 years in Czech republic?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 02:43 AM   #631
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Don’t you have an option of extended warranty for up to 5 years in Czech republic?
Yeah, but I didn't take it.

MR
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 02:44 AM   #632
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
8 piston jeez.
Overkill in my opinion, and the caliper looks bigger, but because the disc is smaller it might offer more space. I went for an even lighter set up, but I am waiting for it to arrive from Japan.

MR
Appreciate 1
JustChris17423.00
      09-15-2020, 04:10 AM   #633
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
New brake kit has arrived! And the car is at Topaz to get painted with Topaz Skin. Not much else to report.

In the meantime, I am running a M2 CS press car until the 28th.

MR
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 02:31 AM   #634
TargaM2
M///modifyer
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2015 Renault RS275R  [9.50]
2019 Renault RS280  [10.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
Hey Mark. Saw your car & the new 'Turbomeister' livery on the latest Shmee video.
      11-03-2020, 07:37 AM   #635
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TargaM2 View Post
Hey Mark. Saw your car & the new 'Turbomeister' livery on the latest Shmee video.
Just wait until you see the final car

MR
Attached Images

Last edited by MR.; 11-03-2020 at 08:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 01:12 AM   #636
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Random question, so you didn’t replace the steering rack, just the wheel bearings? And your issue was vibration?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 12:43 AM   #637
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Hey MR,

What sideskirts are on your car? they look like AC Schnitzer but I'm not sure.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2020, 09:10 AM   #638
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Random question, so you didn’t replace the steering rack, just the wheel bearings? And your issue was vibration?
The complete steering rack was replaced.

MR
Appreciate 0