BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > REMUS EC-Approved Axelback + REMUS mid-pipe = happy OPF sensor / no CEL? - 2021 M2C

11-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #23
bmwfan1234
Private
Rep
Drives: M2c, X3M

Remus Race + Mid Pipe combo = 100% CEL and limp mode every 800 miles or so on OPF equipped cars.
This has happened to both me and my mate who ran the same system, i then sold it and the buyer said it happened to him as well but he didn't mind clearing the error code using an app.
Motech chat rubbish, don't believe a word they say!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 02:07 PM   #24
Micke_B
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVE7 View Post
Did you go for the Milltek?

Personally I like the deeper sound from the Remus exhaust but if this really trigger the CELL I would also choose the Milltek OPF back
Yes I went with the Miltek EL OPF back. But winter is here in Sweden so I can't test it properly until April or so But I did start the car with it and the sound, just from a start, sounded real good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfan1234 View Post
Remus Race + Mid Pipe combo = 100% CEL and limp mode every 800 miles or so on OPF equipped cars.
This has happened to both me and my mate who ran the same system, i then sold it and the buyer said it happened to him as well but he didn't mind clearing the error code using an app.
That sucks! What system are you using now?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 04:02 PM   #25
MVE7
Rep
Drives: Audi a6 , Audi S3 , //M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micke_B View Post
Yes I went with the Miltek EL OPF back. But winter is here in Sweden so I can't test it properly until April or so But I did start the car with it and the sound, just from a start, sounded real good to me.

so if I want to be sure that I will keep my warranty I need to go for Milltek?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 05:43 AM   #26
Micke_B
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVE7 View Post
so if I want to be sure that I will keep my warranty I need to go for Milltek?
Have no idea about the warranty. I got the Milltek since I have not heard anyone had issues with it and CEL going on. And I want zero issues. There has also been a lot of people now reporting CEL issues on OPF cars with Remus.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 06:44 AM   #27
bmwfan1234
Private
Rep

Quote:

I'm running VRSF downpipes and AA midpipe.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 12:10 PM   #28
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

Quote:
How did you get rid of the codes? Did you ever try resetting learned adaptations? I also reached out to Joe Achilles who said it only happened to him once, after taking it to a BMW garage it's never happened since. I can only assume they reset adaptations and cleared the code...?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 12:16 PM   #29
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I'm running VRSF downpipes and AA midpipe.
Say what? You're saying Remus + mid pipe = CEL but you're running custom down pipes with an OPF-delete mid pipe??...
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 04:48 PM   #30
bmwfan1234
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
How did you get rid of the codes? Did you ever try resetting learned adaptations? I also reached out to Joe Achilles who said it only happened to him once, after taking it to a BMW garage it's never happened since. I can only assume they reset adaptations and cleared the code...?
I used an V-Link OBD adapter and some free android app. I think Joe Achilles had lots of messages about this issue and i'm not sure if Motech had anything to do with him saying it "only happend once". I just don't believe it...

Quote:
Say what? You're saying Remus + mid pipe = CEL but you're running custom down pipes with an OPF-delete mid pipe??...
BMW have voided my drive-train warranty (NOT due to the Remus set up) so it's now running downpipes and AA mid pipe along with stage 2 software.
Until that opf is removed, there's just no exhaust that sounds good on the M2c IMO.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 04:59 PM   #31
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I used an V-Link OBD adapter and some free android app. I think Joe Achilles had lots of messages about this issue and i'm not sure if Motech had anything to do with him saying it "only happend once". I just don't believe it...

Quote:
BMW have voided my drive-train warranty (NOT due to the Remus set up) so it's now running downpipes and AA mid pipe along with stage 2 software.
Until that opf is removed, there's just no exhaust that sounds good on the M2c IMO.
Thanks. Appreciate the response. It is concerning, I want to upgrade the exhaust but maintain OPF and warranty for now... sucks!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 05:13 PM   #32
bmwfan1234
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. Appreciate the response. It is concerning, I want to upgrade the exhaust but maintain OPF and warranty for now... sucks!
Go for the Milltek OPF back, sounds better then the Remus Race and no issues with CEL as far as i know. Good luck mate.
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50
      11-07-2020, 06:37 PM   #33
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Go for the Milltek OPF back, sounds better then the Remus Race and no issues with CEL as far as i know. Good luck mate.
The reason for that is the miltek OPF-back is EC-approved (so will be approved to work with car emissions/OPF sensor). The miltek equal length OPF-back is not however (no central resonator). So, I would assume the latter would also causes a CEL. Remus also have an EC-approved OPF-back for the M2C; the sport exhaust. The Race system is not EC-approved, that includes with/without the central resonator delete pipes.

I am a little confused. It seems straight-forward, but the likes of Motech and Joe Achilles are adamant that there are no OPF issues with the Remus Race setup. Are we saying they are straight-up lying then?

The more I read into this it seems:

EC-approved = only way to guarantee no CEL.
OPF back that are not EC-approved = hit and miss.
OPF delete = guaranteed CEL, requires flash tune.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 07:27 PM   #34
bmwfan1234
Private
Rep

Quote:
The reason for that is the miltek OPF-back is EC-approved (so will be approved to work with car emissions/OPF sensor). The miltek equal length OPF-back is not however (no central resonator). So, I would assume the latter would also causes a CEL. Remus also have an EC-approved OPF-back for the M2C; the sport exhaust. The Race system is not EC-approved, that includes with/without the central resonator delete pipes.

I am a little confused. It seems straight-forward, but the likes of Motech and Joe Achilles are adamant that there are no OPF issues with the Remus Race setup. Are we saying they are straight-up lying then?

That seems right, i actually got a CEL with just the Remus Race back box installed (oem mid pipe), it was only once though. When i had the mid pipes installed however it started becoming a headache.

It seems a bit weird how both me and my mate both running the Remus Race system got a CEL fault for back-pressure, then when i sold it, the buyer also got the same CEL fault but, according to Motech... there are no issues? Lol ok...
I could go into more detail with Motech and how they chat shit but don't want to derail the thread.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 07:33 AM   #35
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That seems right, i actually got a CEL with just the Remus Race back box installed (oem mid pipe), it was only once though. When i had the mid pipes installed however it started becoming a headache.

It seems a bit weird how both me and my mate both running the Remus Race system got a CEL fault for back-pressure, then when i sold it, the buyer also got the same CEL fault but, according to Motech... there are no issues? Lol ok...
I could go into more detail with Motech and how they chat shit but don't want to derail the thread.
Thanks. As for the CEL every 800 miles or so that you mentioned, when did it tend to happen? During startup? Full throttle? I don't mind coding it out every now and then but if it kicks off at the track that would infuriate me...
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 04:12 PM   #36
bmwfan1234
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. As for the CEL every 800 miles or so that you mentioned, when did it tend to happen? During startup? Full throttle? I don't mind coding it out every now and then but if it kicks off at the track that would infuriate me...
It would happen when the car was up to temp...
Any reason why you're so keen on the Remus Race? Have you heard one in person?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 04:18 PM   #37
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It would happen when the car was up to temp...
Any reason why you're so keen on the Remus Race? Have you heard one in person?
Just seems like the best all-rounder for OPF cars and price vs. quality. Having said that, I've spent a lot of time today researching and think I'm set on the Miltek now. EC-approved version and I'll buy the link pipe separately to experiment with. If it doesn't work out I will just remove it.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 06:14 PM   #38
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Why not installing the AK MOTION module and have no PITA with the CEL?

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8#post26876178
Appreciate 0