BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Back to stock exhaust

12-23-2019, 09:02 AM   #23
digimattic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 6MT LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgeSalad View Post
Do you like the ASD delete? I havent done this yet but it sounds like the final step aside from some black exhaust tips.
Coding off ASD was the first thing I did to my car and made the in-cabin experience so much more pleasant. You can hear your passengers speak. You can hear your music clearly. You can actually hear the engine and induction sounds. ASD is really awful. I've just got a sports cat and it's the perfect amount of noise for me. Loud when you get on it, and refined the rest of the time.
Appreciate 1
SCCThree808.50
      12-23-2019, 10:54 AM   #24
Rock Sweden
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
when picking an exhaust its very important to ask vendors who heard all the different systems in person for an honest opinion. Some want loud and aggressive , don't care about drone. others want deep tone with no drone,etc...
if done right, the exhaust mod is going to become your favorite favorite part of the car
Care to elaborate? I have a sport cat and ASD delete. I would like something a little louder than stock with the valve closed & substantially louder with valve opened and absolutely no drone. Is that possible?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 10:57 AM   #25
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sweden View Post
Care to elaborate? I have a sport cat and ASD delete. I would like something a little louder than stock with the valve closed & substantially louder with valve opened and absolutely no drone. Is that possible?
REMUS provides deep and aggressive sound with no drone.

Its very balanced between closed and open valves

Active Autowerke is great is a great option as well

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
      12-24-2019, 07:46 PM   #26
Mike0105
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

I'm in the opposite boat and adore my MPE. It made the car that much more enjoyable for me. To each his own and I can certainly understand if it's a but too much as someone else mentioned sound is very subjective.
Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 09:56 PM   #27
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sweden View Post
I have a sport cat and ASD delete. I would like something a little louder than stock with the valve closed & substantially louder with valve opened and absolutely no drone. Is that possible?
https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1432744

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
REMUS provides deep and aggressive sound with no drone.

It's very balanced between closed and open valves.
+1
Appreciate 1
      12-24-2019, 10:47 PM   #28
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
I just drive in 5th for long freeway drives. 80mph puts you over the 3k drone with the MPE. it doesn't really bother me, but the wife doesn't do well with such things.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 11:00 PM   #29
SCCThree
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimattic View Post
Quote:
Do you like the ASD delete? I havent done this yet but it sounds like the final step aside from some black exhaust tips.
Coding off ASD was the first thing I did to my car and made the in-cabin experience so much more pleasant. You can hear your passengers speak. You can hear your music clearly. You can actually hear the engine and induction sounds. ASD is really awful. I've just got a sports cat and it's the perfect amount of noise for me. Loud when you get on it, and refined the rest of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimattic View Post
Quote:
Agreed regarding ASD. The M2 is not a quiet vehicle in its own. Pipe in fake exhaust noise and it's just annoying. I prefer to hear what the car is really doing, not confused by fake noise.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 04:07 PM   #30
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

First I'm hearing of this, but I'm not surprised. I remember E36 M3 guys swapping back to the stock suspension because it was a "perfect compromise"

Whatever, I'm sureyou'll have no trouble finding that exhaust home with someone who can appreciate it.