01-08-2018, 08:05 PM   #309
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
fwiw....there are 5 blue, two white, and one black all within 10mi radius from where i live....granted this is Los Angeles county, so our dealerships are bigger/have more inventory. the thing is, that the black car has been at that dealership for a while now, as has one of the white ones. i only know in that i'm in the market for a new car and am currently cross shopping the M2s against the C63s AMG.
Me too bro, I have a visit scheduled for Wednesday to test drive a c63sAMG.
Let me know what you think.
I'm on a GT3 list as well. But that isn't really "cross shopping" if I get the chance, I will buy the Pcar, and probably pick up the c63 for DD. Happy shopping!!
      01-08-2018, 08:38 PM   #310
oalvarez
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe

^ yes, you get it. a couple of colleagues of mine are on lists for GT3s, not for daily driving of course. a car that doesn't depreciate all that much, yes, thank you very much. as for the mercedes, i drove both a non S and an S version C63 AMG, and i have to say that the added power/torque is something i have to have. the sound those big v8s make remind of cigarette racing boats, so fun. i like the interiors (some touches remind you that you're in a C class, the exterior design is nicely executed, but the motor is where it's at. as far as relative value? the M2 reigns supreme there, and that's what keeps me contemplating one.
Appreciate 2
mtoosexy723.00
norMcal284.50
      01-08-2018, 08:46 PM   #311
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
^ yes, you get it. a couple of colleagues of mine are on lists for GT3s, not for daily driving of course. a car that doesn't depreciate all that much, yes, thank you very much. as for the mercedes, i drove both a non S and an S version C63 AMG, and i have to say that the added power/torque is something i have to have. the sound those big v8s make remind of cigarette racing boats, so fun. i like the interiors (some touches remind you that you're in a C class, the exterior design is nicely executed, but the motor is where it's at. as far as relative value? the M2 reigns supreme there, and that's what keeps me contemplating one.
It's always interesting because enthusiasts cross shop on a performance basis first and then price/value comes secondary. The total opposite of 98% of the buyers. I cross shopped the Cayman S which is a fantastic car but it is really tough to beat the value and usability of the M2. For a daily with some excitement and room enough for 4 and a trunk its tough to beat the M2 in my humble opinion. 24,000 miles later and I have no regrets at all.
Appreciate 3
norMcal284.50
      01-10-2018, 07:19 PM   #312
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

I got a call from my dealership today to tell me that my stripped, grey, 6MT M2 is now going into production. This was ordered slightly less than 3 weeks ago, on an allocation that the dealership had told me at the time that they had just received a few days before. The original estimate was that I'd get the car delivered in the western US around late March, but based upon this call I'm guessing it will be before then.

This is probably reflective of the current delay on getting an M2 built to order, which further supports the notion that we are at or approaching equilibrium on these cars. In most markets probably most anyone can order an M2 as if it were just about any of the other cars in the lineup that can be built to order. If your dealership can't do this for you, then the odds are that a couple of phone calls will find you one that can.
      01-10-2018, 11:28 PM   #313
Wharf Rat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
I got a call from my dealership today to tell me that my stripped, grey, 6MT M2 is now going into production. This was ordered slightly less than 3 weeks ago, on an allocation that the dealership had told me at the time that they had just received a few days before. The original estimate was that I'd get the car delivered in the western US around late March, but based upon this call I'm guessing it will be before then.

This is probably reflective of the current delay on getting an M2 built to order, which further supports the notion that we are at or approaching equilibrium on these cars. In most markets probably most anyone can order an M2 as if it were just about any of the other cars in the lineup that can be built to order. If your dealership can't do this for you, then the odds are that a couple of phone calls will find you one that can.
I'm guessing you'll see that car late February
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 12:08 AM   #314
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
I'm guessing you'll see that car late February
I wouldn't mind if it was mid-March, since I'm not planning to get snow tires for this car until next fall. Fortunately, I have already traded in the car that is being replaced by it (2013 135i Coupe), and I can just drive my Golf R which has snow tires mounted when the weather isn't suitable. The only pain on arrival will be writing the big check :-)
      01-11-2018, 01:46 AM   #315
ShelJW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 MG BMW M2

Quote:
First, let me compliment you on your excellent taste in cars and color!

I placed my order for a Grey, DCT M2 on December 12, 2017 at a local dealer who I've leased from in the past, here in So. California.

My salesman told me he expected that I'd probably see the car towards the end of February.

I called BMW Genius a few days ago, and was told the following:

1. My Production start date was week 7. (towards the end of February?)
2. Delivery would be end of April, or mid May

I posted this somewhere else on this board, and was told that that sounded about right... I didn't think it would take nearly three months from the start of production until it was delivered to the dealer, but maybe I'm wrong....

I'm not in a terrible rush, but obviously, I'd love to have my M2 sooner rather then later.

It seems I ordered my M2 a couple of weeks before you and I'm being told I'll get it about a month to six weeks after you're expecting yours!

More just curious then anything else... I'm sure these are just estimates...

Do you mind telling me your Production No, or, if you'd rather not post it, can you PM me with it? Not sure what it'll tell me, but I am curious.

Thanks! Congrats on your new car!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 03:05 AM   #316
Wharf Rat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
I wouldn't mind if it was mid-March, since I'm not planning to get snow tires for this car until next fall. Fortunately, I have already traded in the car that is being replaced by it (2013 135i Coupe), and I can just drive my Golf R which has snow tires mounted when the weather isn't suitable. The only pain on arrival will be writing the big check :-)
Well, it takes a solid month to get from Bremerhaven to Hueneme or Tacoma...

I'm a bit south of you, so only have a little rain to deal with. ;-)
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 09:45 AM   #317
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelJW View Post

It seems I ordered my M2 a couple of weeks before you and I'm being told I'll get it about a month to six weeks after you're expecting yours!

Do you mind telling me your Production No, or, if you'd rather not post it, can you PM me with it? Not sure what it'll tell me, but I am curious.

I don't have my production number or week. I never asked them for that nor did they volunteer it. All of what I have posted is conjecture.

I think that when a dealer has an allocation, it is for a particular slot that begins on a certain day or week. When the customer places his order and when the dealer enters that order is probably irrelevant, it all comes down to when the dealer's allocation slot is to begin production.

When I bought the car I was told that the car would enter production within 3 weeks; not because of the date of my order but because of the date of their allocation. They had already placed an order for a "spec" car to be sold off the showroom floor, but they canceled that order and put my order in for the same slot, instead.

I got a call from a salesman yesterday morning when I was in the midst of dealing with an annoyance related to some rental property I have. I did not have time for more than pleasantries with the salesman. I took what he said to mean that the car had either already entered production or would do so within a day or two. He said the overall production time was short, which makes perfect sense. I can't imagine that the Leipzig assembly plant has room to store a huge number of in-production M2s for weeks and weeks. It probably takes a few days to a week, maximum 2 weeks, to get one of these things built and ready to ship.

Assuming that what I was told before, 3 weeks ago, and yesterday morning also, was correct, and that it will take maybe 6 weeks from completion of the build to delivery, then it makes sense that the car would arrive at my dealer within 2 months from now, give or take.

The most likely explanation for your observation is that the production slot that your dealer offered you is further out than the one that my dealer offered me. I believe this is the 3rd, at most 4th, allocation for an M2 ever received by my dealer, who, given the location, probably sells way more SUVs than anything else, and only the occasional M Car. They had an M2 on the sales floor for more than a month, which sold not long ago to a forum member. They probably got their next allocation fairly quickly afterwards because they have had so few since the program began. A larger volume dealer probably has several allocations open at any one point in time, but due to demand the ones further out in time may be the ones available at the time that a given customer walks in.
      01-11-2018, 11:16 AM   #318
evilIu4
Rep
Drives: A3

Quote:

I placed my order for a Grey, DCT M2 on December 12, 2017 at a local dealer who I've leased from in the past, here in So. California.

My salesman told me he expected that I'd probably see the car towards the end of February.

I posted this somewhere else on this board, and was told that that sounded about right... I didn't think it would take nearly three months from the start of production until it was delivered to the dealer, but maybe I'm wrong....

I'm not in a terrible rush, but obviously, I'd love to have my M2 sooner rather then later.

Hi All,
I'm waiting for LBB right now and can give you a better timeline regarding what is happening.

I got my allocation on 12/10 and car went into production 150 status on 12/22. It took about a week for it to finished and as of 12/29/17 it was sitting at port.

As of 1/7/18 it was picked up on by Thermopylae, schedule to arrive in boston on 1/18/18. Schedule to arrive in California on 2/2/18. Give a week or so to clear custom and ship to dealership. I am expecting to pick up my car 2/9/18.

Roughly 2 1/2 months from productions date. I'm tracking everything like a hawk and can't wait to finally take deliver.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #319
ShelJW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 MG BMW M2

evil
Thanks for the detailed summary.... very useful!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #320
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M. View Post
I bet most of those are sold.

Almost all the dealers show sold as incoming.
You bet wrong.

Do this
call your fav BMW dealer, ask him "Hey, can you do a quick check on Knauz BMW and let me know if they have any incoming M2s and how many are marked customer sold?"

Cause that's what I did after Patrick told me Knauz had 10 incoming M2s all un-sold. I called my favorite BMW dealer and said "True?" and he said no, only 6 of them are un-sold.

BAM
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 12:14 PM   #321
jdarwin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Convertible BSM DCT

Quote:

I was Week 7 last year and picked up my car at PCD April 12th - could have received 2-3 weeks earlier if it had gone direct to dealer.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 12:52 PM   #322
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Over here the M2 can still be ordered. If you want one: just visit a dealer.

BMW Belux (Belgium + Luxembourg) is currently promoting BMW and BMW cars with discounts in the light of the Brussels motor show this month.

So those are official (temporary) discounts offered by BMW itself to boost orders for partly optioned BMW and BMW M cars:
  • M2: €3,060 discount (4.64%)
    base price (€61,200) + some options (€4,790) = €65,990 | discount: €3,060 | total: €62,930
  • M3: €9,670 discount (10.31%)
  • M4: €9,680 discount (10.71%)
  • M5: €6,000 discount (5.00%)
(source: here and here)
      01-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #323
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Over here the M2 can still be ordered. If you want one: just visit a dealer.

BMW Belux (Belgium + Luxembourg) is currently promoting BMW and BMW cars with discounts in the light of the Brussels motor show this month.

So those are official (temporary) discounts offered by BMW itself to boost orders for partly optioned BMW and BMW M cars:
  • M2: €3,060 discount (4.64%)
    base price (€61,200) + some options (€4,790) = €65,990 | discount: €3,060 | total: €62,930
  • M3: €9,670 discount (10.31%)
  • M4: €9,680 discount (10.71%)
  • M5: €6,000 discount (5.00%)
(source: here and here)
In the US it's the same.

EOP is end of June.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 01:54 PM   #324
Wilsm2
Mini Beast
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018

Quote:
In the US it's the same.

EOP is end of June.
Uk, my dealer told me they have sold all there allocation and they can't order till the 2nd Q 2018
      01-11-2018, 02:01 PM   #325
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsm2 View Post
Uk, my dealer told me they have sold all there allocation and they can't order till the 2nd Q 2018
Call another dealer!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 02:03 PM   #326
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Quote:

You bet wrong.

Do this
call your fav BMW dealer, ask him "Hey, can you do a quick check on Knauz BMW and let me know if they have any incoming M2s and how many are marked customer sold?"

Cause that's what I did after Patrick told me Knauz had 10 incoming M2s all un-sold. I called my favorite BMW dealer and said "True?" and he said no, only 6 of them are un-sold.

BAM
If you say so.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 05:57 PM   #327
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilIu4 View Post
Hi All,
I'm waiting for LBB right now and can give you a better timeline regarding what is happening.

Roughly 2 1/2 months from productions date. I'm tracking everything like a hawk and can't wait to finally take deliver.
This is actually the fun part of ordering your car ... watching it (slowly) make its way to. The anticipation is amazing ... reading on here about the ownership experience and the things you can/will do to your beast just add to the enjoyment.

Congratulations on your most excellent choice of colour
Appreciate 0