BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > BMW Vista (San Diego) Horrible Experience

09-02-2017, 06:39 PM   #1
Paddy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18' M2, AW

BMW Vista (San Diego) Horrible Experience

I posted part of this story in another dealer related post, but got the final update today so seemed like it's worthy of a post of it's own...

So my buddy and I are looking for 2 M2's for almost a year now, we wanted to do ED at same time. However in SoCal, we could only find dealers that would refuse to do ED or were marking up the prices >$5K.

My buddy is in the car business and was trying to use his contacts to secure 2 allocations. In the end we decided to forgo ED as long as we could get 2 cars around the same time.
My buddy heard there was 2 allocations available at Vista, and called to confirm that that was indeed the case. After confirming he went to secure the 2 allocations but somehow one of them had mysteriously disappeared.

He went ahead and took the remaining allocation and put down deposit and spec'd out the build. They agreed the price at MSRP but with the condition that he use their financing.

The sales guy (Aaron Passarelli) called me while my buddy was there to apologize about the second allocation and to reassure me that "He'd look after me" when the next allocations came in 6 weeks.

I was at home at the time and I decided to try (internet chat) one of the other volume M dealers in socal (Beverly Hills BMW) to see if they had anything available and low and behold, they had one scheduled for production that I could build to order. Alejandro Macias, was the sales guy I dealt with and he was professional and very efficient. The whole transaction took about 20 minutes over internet/phone without me leaving the house :-).

My buddy was delighted, we were both going to get our M's at same time.
Fast forward a few days and I mention to my buddy that I was able to check my production date Sept 4th online using the production number. He looked at his paperwork and there was no production number on it.

He called the salesperson who took several days to get back to him, with the reply "your car is on order". But still no production number. He called the manager and still got the run around "Your car is in the build bank" was the response.
Today he went in for a face to face and the long and short of it was that the sales guy never had an allocation in the first place and just sold him a bunch of BS. They're waiting for the next batch of allocations and will "look after him" when they get them.

My buddy is so pissed. How does BMW NA allow dealers to behave like this.

09-02-2017, 11:48 PM   #2
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

This is unfortunately not uncommon, many dealers have promised customers they put in an order only for the customer to discover that they don't have a build number. It may however be that they do have an allocation and have put the build in but have not been assigned the number yet. The GM at my dealer was very upfront with me because I got screwed by two dealers who promised me I had their next order, took deposits and did not come through with actual allocations. Anyway my GM told me that they get told of allocations, sometimes they get a build number right away sometimes they sit in the bank for 7-10 days waiting to get one assigned. I believe it was about 8 days from when my order was placed before the production number was assigned. Getting two allocations from the same dealer for the M2 to get built about the same time for ED is not very realistic I hate to say. These dealers are getting allocations projected several months in advance but they really have no control over what build date is assigned. It sounds like they overpromised which is very common, these sales guys just want to get the deposit and "order" because they have become accustomed to giving M2 customers the run around because demand is higher than supply and they feel like they are doing us a favor. Hope you can get this worked out because doing Euro delivery with a buddy like that would be a once in a lifetime deal. Now that you have a build week I would reach out to dealers nationwide to see if you can find someone who has a car on order for that build week that isn't attached to a customer. My buddy found one in Lousiana and one in the DC area with just a quick post here and some phone calls this time last year, both cars were for MSRP, he ended up having to pay a grand for shipping but altogether he did really well to get a car so quick. Folks here will help. I can PM you the contact for my guy in Tucson, just a few hours away who might be able to help.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 11:49 PM   #3
importriders
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

I wrote about BMW Vista in the "naughty dealer over MSRP thread" also in this same subsection of the forum.

Was Aaron P. a tall, pudgy, completely balled guy with glasses? Unkept looking? If so, he's the sales guy I talked to and probably the worst salesperson I've ever encountered. My experience at BMW Vista was the worst dealership experience I have ever encountered. I am extremely happy I didn't put a deposit with them.

Went with Murrieta and zero issues. My car is almost done being built and I can track it on mybmw.com.
Appreciate 0