BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Dealer telling the truth?

08-23-2017, 08:02 PM   #23
Motivate
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Shopping for a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
It's possible they don't know yet but hopefully they'll get a fourth quarter allocation for you when they come out next month.
Thanks for the reply. Does BMW really weigh which dealers sold more cars and then award allocations accordingly? If thats the case, it's possible that smaller dealers may get no allocations.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2017, 08:09 PM   #24
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivate View Post
Thanks for the reply. Does BMW really weigh which dealers sold more cars and then award allocations accordingly? If thats the case, it's possible that smaller dealers may get no allocations.
I think that may be the case but I am not certain - I'm sure someone else on here can weigh in on that though.
      08-23-2017, 10:59 PM   #25
Branof86
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
I think that may be the case but I am not certain - I'm sure someone else on here can weigh in on that though.
I had placed a deposit at a small dealer. (Lex, KY).. they said they had one more allocation.. i waited 3 months.. and kept asking about updates.. they never got the allocation (so they say). They said BMW cancelled it and we would have to re order for 2018 model. I waited another month and in the mean time placed another deposit at a large volume dealer (Hendricks BMW).. they didnt have a allocation but promised it would come. They got 5 allocations a week later.. fortunately I got one of them... and rest also sold that same day/week. That dealer told me that higher volume stores do get allocations faster... which I believe due to my experience. I obv cancelled the Lex, KY deal after my car went status 112 at Hendricks BMW.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2017, 11:57 PM   #26
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivate View Post
I bought my car from a smaller dealer and they ended up getting ~1-2 allocations per quarter if I remember correctly.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 12:04 PM   #27
Motivate
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branof86 View Post
I had placed a deposit at a small dealer. (Lex, KY).. they said they had one more allocation.. i waited 3 months.. and kept asking about updates.. they never got the allocation (so they say). They said BMW cancelled it and we would have to re order for 2018 model. I waited another month and in the mean time placed another deposit at a large volume dealer (Hendricks BMW).. they didnt have a allocation but promised it would come. They got 5 allocations a week later.. fortunately I got one of them... and rest also sold that same day/week. That dealer told me that higher volume stores do get allocations faster... which I believe due to my experience. I obv cancelled the Lex, KY deal after my car went status 112 at Hendricks BMW.

Hope that helps.
That helps, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 12:05 PM   #28
Motivate
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
I bought my car from a smaller dealer and they ended up getting ~1-2 allocations per quarter if I remember correctly.
Thanks for the info. Did they tell you they don't know when they'll get one?
Appreciate 0