BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > M Performance Exhaust

04-24-2017, 08:45 AM   #177
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast View Post
That will be the Titanium exhaust tips. The tips are available as Titanium or as Titanium wrapped with carbon. The exhaust itself is not Titanium.

If you want a full Titanium exhaust for the M2, you will have to get the Akrapovic Evo, but that is quite a bit more expensive...
"Scarico Mperformance in titanio" translates to "MPerformance titaniuam exhaust"

Right below that you have "Terminali MP in carbonio" which translates to "MP carbon fibre tips"

I'm not excluding that because they read titanium tips they assumed the exhaust was in Titanium too but their wording states its in Titanium so
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 09:01 AM   #178
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by lop00 View Post
Funny, they listed it as a "Titanium" exhaust on the configurator of my M2
What is going on with that price?
That is 500 euro more than the MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 09:34 AM   #179
Dav3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
What is going on with that price?
That is 500 euro more than the MSRP.
I checked the Dutch website and it's listed at 2518e, so around 200 cheaper (Guessing, this could be lower shipment costs from the original producer in the UK)

Got around 7k discount on overall car though
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 10:06 AM   #180
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
I checked the Dutch website and it's listed at 2518e, so around 200 cheaper (Guessing, this could be lower shipment costs from the original producer in the UK)

Got around 7k discount on overall car though
OK, I just had a look at the German MSRP and it is $2200. I guess the importers in the other countries likes to just pocket the money.

https://www.baum-bmwshop24.de/bmw-m-...7-18302412432/

(Taxes might be a bit different too from country to country of course).
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 10:53 AM   #181
Dav3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
OK, I just had a look at the German MSRP and it is $2200. I guess the importers in the other countries likes to just pocket the money.

https://www.baum-bmwshop24.de/bmw-m-...7-18302412432/

(Taxes might be a bit different too from country to country of course).
Come to think of it, the MPE is port installed on my setup

Good job BMW at being fair on different markets
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 10:59 PM   #182
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M2

I'll just give you my experience with the MPE so far.

When I first got it I was kinda skeptical and not in awe of it but was still happy with it. It made the car louder than oem but it made it louder with the stoke tone and burbles which I already loved on the car. The cars sound stock was amazing. This just kind of amplified the car and I was happy with it. Another thing that pushed me towards getting it was the Bluetooth valve and the carbon fiber tips. The versatility the valve provides is great- open when you want to rumble. Close when your around your neighborhood. Great.

Fast forward a month. Added catless DP's. Now I was really wowed. The car was an animal. It was similar to before in comfort and the valve closed. Open the valve put it in sport or sport+ and the car became an absolute animal. By animal I mean I've had gtr and amg guys come up to me with aftermarket exhausts and ask wtfffff I had done to my car. That's all I had done so far and it completely changed the complexity of the car. It had a completely different identity now. It sounded like a 600+ hp car that wanted to take on anything that came up to it. (Good and bad lol) so I turn it off when I'm around the American muscle cars that always Wana race in a straight line which I'm not a huge fan of.

On top of that my buddy hooked it up I got it for 2700 installed brand new with the cf tips. He gave me close to his cost I guess. Anyways it was welll well worth the money for me after the catless dp. If you're not going catless think of it as amplified oem exhaust with versatility. I think it's worth it. Good luck and hope you enjoy is if you decide to get it! FSociety can attest to the insane sounds my car makes now.
Appreciate 4
FSociety3810.00
nacaruh412.50
Prodigy.697.50
AndrewC198910903.50
      04-26-2017, 11:38 PM   #183
nacaruh
FOUO
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Dynamic View Post

When I first got it I was kinda skeptical and not in awe of it but was still happy with it. It made the car louder than oem but it made it louder with the stoke tone and burbles which I already loved on the car. The cars sound stock was amazing. This just kind of amplified the car and I was happy with it. Another thing that pushed me towards getting it was the Bluetooth valve and the carbon fiber tips. The versatility the valve provides is great- open when you want to rumble. Close when your around your neighborhood. Great.

Fast forward a month. Added catless DP's. Now I was really wowed. The car was an animal. It was similar to before in comfort and the valve closed. Open the valve put it in sport or sport+ and the car became an absolute animal. By animal I mean I've had gtr and amg guys come up to me with aftermarket exhausts and ask wtfffff I had done to my car. That's all I had done so far and it completely changed the complexity of the car. It had a completely different identity now. It sounded like a 600+ hp car that wanted to take on anything that came up to it. (Good and bad lol) so I turn it off when I'm around the American muscle cars that always Wana race in a straight line which I'm not a huge fan of.

On top of that my buddy hooked it up I got it for 2700 installed brand new with the cf tips. He gave me close to his cost I guess. Anyways it was welll well worth the money for me after the catless dp. If you're not going catless think of it as amplified oem exhaust with versatility. I think it's worth it. Good luck and hope you enjoy is if you decide to get it! FSociety can attest to the insane sounds my car makes now.
Don't mean to thread jack, but what DPs did you go with? And what did you use to fix the CEL? Would love hear an exhaust clip, if you have any!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 11:43 PM   #184
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecaf View Post
Quote:

Don't mean to thread jack, but what DPs did you go with? And what did you use to fix the CEL? Would love hear an exhaust clip, if you have any!
Absolutely! I went with VRSF. A dp is a dp to me at least lol. Also I'm on the bootmod3 tune so that eliminates the cell. And I'll upload a video for you when I get back to my computer. For some reason my phone won't let me ?????
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 01:59 AM   #185
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Absolutely! I went with VRSF. A dp is a dp to me at least lol. Also I'm on the bootmod3 tune so that eliminates the cell. And I'll upload a video for you when I get back to my computer. For some reason my phone won't let me ?????
So looking forward to hearing this.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 03:45 AM   #186
M2wolf
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Manual

New mpe (revised part number)

Morning all

I'll be getting my mpe fitted next week, I've actually preordered it back in Dec 2016 but stock was unavailable and informed by BMW a new part number has been allocated. Hopefully it's due to a fix on the cold start vibration issue.

Can anyone confirm this? I assume those US owners with the performance m2 edition?
      04-30-2017, 01:50 PM   #187
gavinsan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

New exhaust is awesome

Had it fitted today

The only pita is the red button in the boot

Can you have the Bluetooth controller work without the red button being activated ?

Want to avoid having to go to the boot every time I start the engine
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 02:17 PM   #188
TXSurfer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

So finally got tired of Bluetooth button randomly closing exhaust valves. I went ahead and unplugged the mpe with the valves open and I've noticed cold start vibration issue is gone. Maybe with valves closed there's to much back pressure causing vibration. Sounds wicked loud though lol
      04-30-2017, 03:31 PM   #189
Dav3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinsan View Post
New exhaust is awesome

Had it fitted today

The only pita is the red button in the boot

Can you have the Bluetooth controller work without the red button being activated ?

Want to avoid having to go to the boot every time I start the engine
What do you mean by "red button in the boot"?

EDIT: Did some research and found what the red button is... wtf BMW? Someone on the 2er forum suggested extending the cables for the button to the interior cabin... idk, I'm left speechless on how retarded this engineering behind this is... Will be a major deal breaker for a lot of people, I am sure of that

Last edited by Dav3; 04-30-2017 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 07:00 PM   #190
CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Garage List
Button in the boot it a Health & Safety thing. No retards here. In the UK at least there are rules on how load your exhaust can be (it's actually quite load so don't go getting your panties in a bunch just yet) and one way for BMW lawyers to say they have taken due care is to install the red button. Track mode is well TRACK mode. It's not intended for use on the public highway....

Now I know you all want to but like the drift mode on the focus RS the manufactures needs to indemnify themselves from stupidity.

By making you start the car, get out, open the boot and press the button it should make it prohibitive enough for one to go into TRACK mode on a whim.... what you do with the button is your business. If you want to modify and run it into the cabin so be it. If you want to solder the two wires together then you can. The red button only enables the Bluetooth so if you want to control it from say an Awron you can.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 03:22 AM   #191
Dav3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommitConfirm View Post
Button in the boot it a Health & Safety thing. No retards here. In the UK at least there are rules on how load your exhaust can be (it's actually quite load so don't go getting your panties in a bunch just yet) and one way for BMW lawyers to say they have taken due care is to install the red button. Track mode is well TRACK mode. It's not intended for use on the public highway....

Now I know you all want to but like the drift mode on the focus RS the manufactures needs to indemnify themselves from stupidity.

By making you start the car, get out, open the boot and press the button it should make it prohibitive enough for one to go into TRACK mode on a whim.... what you do with the button is your business. If you want to modify and run it into the cabin so be it. If you want to solder the two wires together then you can. The red button only enables the Bluetooth so if you want to control it from say an Awron you can.
I disagree. This complication will incentivise people to pull the valve plug out from the exhaust and keep it always in track mode. Either this or find a way to bypass this "Health & Safety" measure. No one is paying a bucket of cash for an exhaust that becomes a chore to enable. And even if they are legally bound to do this, they should clearly state the mechanism to users that ordered it. It's a major deal breaker. If BMW was transparent about this I (and many other people) would have bought another aftermarket exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 04:15 AM   #192
Benef1cient
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommitConfirm View Post

I disagree. This complication will incentivise people to pull the valve plug out from the exhaust and keep it always in track mode. Either this or find a way to bypass this "Health & Safety" measure. No one is paying a bucket of cash for an exhaust that becomes a chore to enable. And even if they are legally bound to do this, they should clearly state the mechanism to users that ordered it. It's a major deal breaker. If BMW was transparent about this I (and many other people) would have bought another aftermarket exhaust.
Yep it's a big deal. I'll probably go AWRON and Remus with Fabspeed sport cat. This is way too much hassle even if you can wire it somehow so it stays active...
Appreciate 1
Dav3946.50
      05-01-2017, 05:31 AM   #193
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Someone needs to share a picture of that system. Makes no sense to me.

I must say I am lucky to retain the BT functionality from the remote without opening the trunk.
      05-01-2017, 06:29 AM   #194
Dav3
Major
Rep

Benzima

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1379777

I uploaded some pictures of the system taken from the 2er forum on this post, maybe it can help
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 08:14 AM   #195
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Benzima

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1379777

I uploaded some pictures of the system taken from the 2er forum on this post, maybe it can help
If I understand correctly, you need to press that "red button" (not clear to me where on the pictures it is) each time you want to enable the BT functionality with the remote in the cockpit? Remote still opens/closes by-pass valves.

BMW probably did it to avoid "accidentally" going into TRACK mode...
      05-01-2017, 09:19 AM   #196
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
If I understand correctly, you need to press that "red button" (not clear to me where on the pictures it is) each time you want to enable the BT functionality with the remote in the cockpit? Remote still opens/closes by-pass valves.

BMW probably did it to avoid "accidentally" going into TRACK mode...
I don't have to click anything in the trunk. You start the car and click the bluetooth remote in your cupholder or wherever you keep it. If it flashes every 5 seconds thats track mode. you can hear the difference in every rev.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 11:44 AM   #197
gavinsan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

This is the red button that needs pushing
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 11:55 AM   #198
Benzima
Colonel
Rep