BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > BMW M2 additional warranty question

09-24-2017, 03:06 PM   #1
Branof86
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 ordered

BMW M2 additional warranty question

Hey guys,

I am taking delivery from PCD East coast Oct 13.. dealer is Hendricks BMW Charlotte and I'm in KY.

They are pushing me for additional tire care and wheel package and a paint protection plan. They keep dropping the price as I pass on it. T and W package down from $1432 to $979. Paint protection (includes a one time coat) for ~$999 however I have to drive there to get it done. Both are 6 years/unlimited mileage.

Anyone have any insight on these packages? I realize the importance of the paint package however someone local can do a better ceramic one for $500 but warranty like Hendricks is offering.

Anyone else getting these offers?
Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 06:55 PM   #2
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branof86 View Post
Hey guys,

I am taking delivery from PCD East coast Oct 13.. dealer is Hendricks BMW Charlotte and I'm in KY.

They are pushing me for additional tire care and wheel package and a paint protection plan. They keep dropping the price as I pass on it. T and W package down from $1432 to $979. Paint protection (includes a one time coat) for ~$999 however I have to drive there to get it done. Both are 6 years/unlimited mileage.

Anyone have any insight on these packages? I realize the importance of the paint package however someone local can do a better ceramic one for $500 but warranty like Hendricks is offering.

Anyone else getting these offers?
Thanks!!
Not sure I'd trust a dealer doing my paint protection, take that $999 and find someone local that you trust or comes highly recommended. The wheel and tire package is something I personally passed on and I live in an area with some of the worst roads in the country. Just dont hit potholes at 70mph and avoid curbs.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 07:35 PM   #3
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimma View Post
Not sure I'd trust a dealer doing my paint protection, take that $999 and find someone local that you trust or comes highly recommended. The wheel and tire package is something I personally passed on and I live in an area with some of the worst roads in the country. Just dont hit potholes at 70mph and avoid curbs.
Good advice
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 07:48 PM   #4
CLH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6MT

As stated above, skip it. Dealer add-ons are never a good value for money.
      09-24-2017, 08:50 PM   #5
Branof86
Rep

Thanks everyone.. I was leaning that way.. the dealer doesn't know much about the warranties.. just trying to sell.. so I'll get my paint protection done locally
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 01:21 PM   #6
Motivate
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Shopping for a new one

Quote:
Thanks everyone.. I was leaning that way.. the dealer doesn't know much about the warranties.. just trying to sell.. so I'll get my paint protection done locally
From what I've seen, the dealers will try to sell you the package but the protection is actually done by a third party agent either on site or at another location. I have a friend that tried to make a claim on one of these protection plans because the paint on the hood was eroding in spots even though there was supposed to have a layer of protection to prevent that. He sent pictures and everything and never got a response from the paint protection company. The dealer was pushing blame onto that company as well. So, I wouldn't do it.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 01:37 PM   #7
Branof86
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivate View Post
From what I've seen, the dealers will try to sell you the package but the protection is actually done by a third party agent either on site or at another location. I have a friend that tried to make a claim on one of these protection plans because the paint on the hood was eroding in spots even though there was supposed to have a layer of protection to prevent that. He sent pictures and everything and never got a response from the paint protection company. The dealer was pushing blame onto that company as well. So, I wouldn't do it.
Thanks, I declined all warranties. Will get it done myself locally from a trustworthy person.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 02:48 PM   #8
BimmerTheGreek
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2, e36 m3, mkV VW GTI

I might see you out there.

Quote:
Thanks, I declined all warranties. Will get it done myself locally from a trustworthy person.
Maybe I will see you around Lexington. I am getting mine at PCD on Nov. 3.
Mine is Mineral Gray. M2 is probably on same ship (Drive Green Highway) on way/at Charleston today (Sep. 26).

I refused to pay local dealer's "Limited Availability/Market Adjustment" mark up. Got mine through my old dealer in Knoxville, TN. I assume you did the same or sought a better allocation.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 08:13 PM   #9
Branof86
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerTheGreek View Post
Maybe I will see you around Lexington. I am getting mine at PCD on Nov. 3.
Mine is Mineral Gray. M2 is probably on same ship (Drive Green Highway) on way/at Charleston today (Sep. 26).

I refused to pay local dealer's "Limited Availability/Market Adjustment" mark up. Got mine through my old dealer in Knoxville, TN. I assume you did the same or sought a better allocation.
Yes. I am in Lexington. Are you in lex? I tried to get it locally.. I actually put a deposit in March locally.. for expected pcd in May 2017.. little did I know they never had an allocation.. after many calls Charlotte got me one quickly .. put order in June and here I am in October which is pretty good compared to the wait I have heard others have. I got msrp plus $2500 off using a corporate program.. since I ordered before may .. I called BMW customer service.. they researched and honored it at Charlotte dealer.

My vehicle is now at the PCD in Spartanburg as of today.. per the Genius line. Hoping for some pics from them.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 09:54 PM   #10
BimmerTheGreek
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2, e36 m3, mkV VW GTI

Me too.

Quote:
Yes. I am in Lexington. Are you in lex? I tried to get it locally.. I actually put a deposit in March locally.. for expected pcd in May 2017.. little did I know they never had an allocation.. after many calls Charlotte got me one quickly .. put order in June and here I am in October which is pretty good compared to the wait I have heard others have. I got msrp plus $2500 off using a corporate program.. since I ordered before may .. I called BMW customer service.. they researched and honored it at Charlotte dealer.

My vehicle is now at the PCD in Spartanburg as of today.. per the Genius line. Hoping for some pics from them.
I live in Lexington too. I have never seen a M2 around here, now there will be at least two. After local dealer asked for premium, I contacted my old dealer in Knoxville. They were willing to do MSRP so I made my deposit in December for their #2 allocation. I was offered a 2017 M2 in March, but I was hoping for a sunroof option and silver color, so I passed. I got 1 of 2 wishes, so I am content. I got a week 36 build (finished on August 31).

What color will yours be? Again, mine is Mineral Gray, manual, sun roof, executive package. Never driven one, but I have ridden in one once (post flash flooding, very timid pace to say the least).
Paying for mine next Friday and sadly insuring it for a month without taking possession. Insurance is needed in order to register it.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 10:57 AM   #11
Branof86
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerTheGreek View Post
I live in Lexington too. I have never seen a M2 around here, now there will be at least two. After local dealer asked for premium, I contacted my old dealer in Knoxville. They were willing to do MSRP so I made my deposit in December for their #2 allocation. I was offered a 2017 M2 in March, but I was hoping for a sunroof option and silver color, so I passed. I got 1 of 2 wishes, so I am content. I got a week 36 build (finished on August 31).

What color will yours be? Again, mine is Mineral Gray, manual, sun roof, executive package. Never driven one, but I have ridden in one once (post flash flooding, very timid pace to say the least).
Paying for mine next Friday and sadly insuring it for a month without taking possession. Insurance is needed in order to register it.
Nice! I have seen a MG M2 in lex twice but that's about it. I ordered LBB , manual, sunroof, and exec. I haven't driven one either.. I sat in one in cinci but didn't really get to test drive it. I was offered one from Louisville, but I also decided to wait it out for the sunroof etc..
I wasn't too happy with the local dealer as I waited 3 months for nothing.

Look forward to seeing some pics when you get yours!
Appreciate 0