BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > ///M2 w/Moonroof option in North America... Good or not...!?!

06-24-2017, 10:02 AM   #177
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCfromOC View Post
Not sure if I've said it in this moonroof thread yet but....

If you're over 6ft don't get the moonroof. You're going to have a rough time. Trust me.
Not necessarily true.

Sounds like you have more of an upper body because I am 6.5 and I can sit fine in a 2er with a moonroof, unlike the 1er. It is huge by comparison.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2017, 01:56 PM   #178
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M. View Post
Not necessarily true.

Sounds like you have more of an upper body because I am 6.5 and I can sit fine in a 2er with a moonroof, unlike the 1er. It is huge by comparison.
I’m 6’2” and more limbs than torso. I had about a hand and a half clearance in the 240i I drove. Sure I could sit freely with the seat all the way down and back (which is how I like to sit anyway). But every bump my head would hit the ceiling. Simply hopping up to scoot my butt back in the seat I’d hit the ceiling. Leaning my head to the left I would hit the ceiling. That’s fine for the weekends. But this is going to be a DD for me.

I wanted to make it work. But this will be my first car sans moonroof.

Obviously you might be built a little differently than I am. I suggest everyone over 6 ft try it for themselves. I’ve seen guys who are 5’11 (check around the forums) claiming they had 2 inch clearance. Do the math.

Last edited by OSee; 06-24-2017 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2017, 02:00 PM   #179
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Not necessarily true.

I’m 6’2” and more limbs than torso. I had about a hand and a half clearance in the 240i I drove. Sure I could sit freely with the seat all the way down and back (which is how I like to sit anyway). But every bump my head would hit the ceiling. Simply hopping up to scoot my butt back in the seat I’d hit the ceiling. Leaning my head to the left I would hit the ceiling. That’s fine for the weekends. But this is going to be a DD for me.

Obviously you might be built a little differently than I am. I suggest everyone over 6 ft try it for themselves. IÂ’ve seen guys who are 5Â’11 (check around the forums) claiming they had 2 inch clearance. Do the math.
Good point.

Except I'd rather do math then believe a person under 6 feet saying it is tight in a car. Because as a general comparison a shorter person will jump in a car and say it has no room, then a person well over 6 feet jumps in a says the opposite.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2017, 02:02 PM   #180
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Good point
If it wasn’t for my Fiancé I probably would have checked off the moonroof anyway. Desperately wanted to make it work.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2017, 02:10 PM   #181
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Good point
If it wasn’t for my Fiancé I probably would have checked off the moonroof anyway. Desperately wanted to make it work.
I get it my wife prefers Convertible to a Coupe and thinks no moonroof in a coupe is crazy.

Same for a manual transmission.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2017, 12:01 AM   #182
Xtianh
LA transplant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 MG

I'm 6'4 215 and can fit in the M2 with moonroof, but just barely. My hair touches the roof if it's not slicked down. I was surprised at how much the moonroof removes from the headroom. It felt closer to 2 inches than 1. My M2 (arriving october) will be sans moonroof. I also suggest anyone over 6' sit in a 2 series before deciding on a moonroof for the M2
Appreciate 1
ORIGIN M.3159.50
      07-05-2017, 10:23 AM   #183
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtianh View Post
I'm 6'4 215 and can fit in the M2 with moonroof, but just barely. My hair touches the roof if it's not slicked down. I was surprised at how much the moonroof removes from the headroom. It felt closer to 2 inches than 1. My M2 (arriving october) will be sans moonroof. I also suggest anyone over 6' sit in a 2 series before deciding on a moonroof for the M2
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 01:31 PM   #184
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Clearly BMW listened and added it for 2018 MY for the USA.
Appreciate 0