09-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #1
alscks0414
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY18 X3 M40i, MY18 M3 ZCP

Week 45

Hi Folks,

Long story short, I had my order actually made with CA this year Feb and received allocation on production in early Aug (dont remember exact week# for allocation) with LBB/6MT/ no sunroof/ MPE with carbon tips/ Apple Carplay. And it was showing this month 17th arrival according my CA at the mid of Aug (and he just confirmed that ETA now has been changed to 13th)

Initially I made my order expecting to have 18MY LCI. And I wanted to constantly check with any option differences between 17MY and 18MY since Canada BMW build-up does not offer 18MY at this moment.
He had confirmed that there will be no actual option changes other than little (about 2k CAD) increase in MSRP.

Now having said that, I set down with my CA early last week to check if I have everything I wanted and I also wanted to make some parts (MP carbonfiber parts) to be installed and also try to negotiate with total price of these add-on.
And I was checking through the option list and saw that I am missing LED adative headlight. And I told him that now I am missing something that I wish to have as in my option list. He quicked turned and went to ask their service depar. to see if they can install LED adaptive at the dealer and soon confirmed that they will cost just about 1.2k per one side (not including labor charge) and also mentioned that they cannot guarantee that they will work as they should be as ones that are manufacturered.

Soon I told him that I do not want a car that does not match with my initial decision and told me after that they have week 45 allocation and he can make order of mine on that spot and I took it.

Now I am expecting it maybe sometime of arrival at the end of this year.
I know that if everything went smooth and only if I had good secure confirmation on adaptive LED (since I heard that they will be optional not standard on 18MY), my car should be in my hand shortly.

But I do not want to give up things that I want to have on mine.
Hope it worth the extra 3 months wait although Dec is not a good time of an year to fully enjoy my new vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 06:00 PM   #2
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
I don't know if Canada gets the "Executive package," in the US the adaptive LED are only in that package. A few people who post here received the adaptive LED "by mistake" without having Executive package, but that is not standard procedure in the US.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 10:20 PM   #3
impulsiv
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
I don't know if Canada gets the "Executive package," in the US the adaptive LED are only in that package. A few people who post here received the adaptive LED "by mistake" without having Executive package, but that is not standard procedure in the US.
Exec package is standard but adaptive headlights is a standalone option.
Appreciate 0