BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Managers/Supervisors/People with direct reports, please chime in.

05-31-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
cooh23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

Managers/Supervisors/People with direct reports, please chime in.

Hello all,

I am doing a survey for those who have direct reports and are a member of any social networking websites (Facebook, myspace, etc..)

please click on the link to answer 3 survey questions:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...O6F7OcJQ_3d_3d

Thank you
      05-31-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Whats the survey about? Im not giving out any information regarding my associates.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2009, 08:15 PM   #3
cooh23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Whats the survey about? Im not giving out any information regarding my associates.
I just wanted to find out what people think about mixing professional and personal relationships.

If you were in the position where people report to you, would you add them as a friend on facebook/myspace and let them see the pictures you have to your personal friends. I.e. you and your girlfriends in a bikini. Assuming you work in a professional environment and not some call center. Would you post those pictures in your office for your co-workers to see?

What do you mean give out info regarding your associates?
      05-31-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooh23 View Post
I just wanted to find out what people think about mixing professional and personal relationships.

If you were in the position where people report to you, would you add them as a friend on facebook/myspace and let them see the pictures you have to your personal friends. I.e. you and your girlfriends in a bikini. Assuming you work in a professional environment and not some call center. Would you post those pictures in your office for your co-workers to see?

What do you mean give out info regarding your associates?

While my girlfriend might wear a bikini, I don't because I am male. I'd therefore have to say no. I wouldn't let people see me in a bikini. However, I would not be opposed to seeing a very select few women where I work in a bikini though, so maybe my answer is yes, but only if I don't have to wear a bikini. If they reported to me, I'd order them to wear a bikini to work. I hope this helps with your survey.

BTW OP, if you are a good looking woman feel free to post bikini shots of yourself.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Yes Im on facebook and yes some of my direct reports are my friends on there. MY boss even added me on FB.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2009, 09:18 PM   #6
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Yes Im on facebook and yes some of my direct reports are my friends on there. MY boss even added me on FB.
Did you make them show you their bikinis? I think if you're the boss you can do that and it's OK.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2009, 09:19 PM   #7
FOXYCaymanS
_
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cayman S / Rover

No, never. Big mistake - lesson learned.
There's a fine line between "friends" and "employees" who report to you. Depending on the managerial level and the company you work for it's not good to mix the two. You never know when your direct reports will be your new executive/manager, etc.

(There is, however, a difference with people/coworkers who you hang out with outside of work - like REAL friends not just people you see daily AT work)