BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2CS BMWFS Finance Rate Thread

12-01-2020, 12:25 PM   #45
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

My dealership is trying to play games now. The are telling me a 1% markup on the 0.9. Ill go through my credit union at that rate to avoid giving bmw anything. Honestly, I'd rather buy a CS at a dealership that extended the 0.9% and pay shipping. If anyone has a lead on an msrp allocation, then let me know. I'll inquire about their 0.9% rate
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 12:36 PM   #46
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
My dealership is trying to play games now. The are telling me a 1% markup on the 0.9. Ill go through my credit union at that rate to avoid giving bmw anything. Honestly, I'd rather buy a CS at a dealership that extended the 0.9% and pay shipping. If anyone has a lead on an msrp allocation, then let me know. I'll inquire about their 0.9% rate
Oof. Modifiable allocations at this point will be tough.

Not a dealer but I'm sure someone can help.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 12:54 PM   #47
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
I applied on the BMWUSA website and was approved for 0.9. My CA already received notice of the approval.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 01:08 PM   #48
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Did anyone else see the $4,000 finance credit on the M2 CS or am I just reading this completely wrong?

EDIT: I read this completely wrong. It's for the M4 CS.

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

"$4,000 APR Credit is a credit against the MSRP of the vehicle purchased. APR and credits valid through January 04, 2021. Credits may be combined with other offers unless otherwise stated. Qualified rate lock applicants must take delivery within 60 days of initial lock. Visit your authorized BMW Center for important details. "
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 01:38 PM   #49
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
Did anyone else see the $4,000 finance credit on the M2 CS or am I just reading this completely wrong?

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

"$4,000 APR Credit is a credit against the MSRP of the vehicle purchased. APR and credits valid through January 04, 2021. Credits may be combined with other offers unless otherwise stated. Qualified rate lock applicants must take delivery within 60 days of initial lock. Visit your authorized BMW Center for important details. "
M4 CS, Not the M2 CS
      12-01-2020, 01:42 PM   #50
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

M4 CS, Not the M2 CS
I'm an idiot. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 01:48 PM   #51
rusty racer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB, 2011 R8 v10 spy

Quote:
Show them this. Hard to argue with up charging when it is clear this is a 0.9% car with a $4000 MSRP discount.
Edit: I see now it's the m4 CS. Ughh.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 01:57 PM   #52
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty racer View Post
Quote:
Show them this. Hard to argue with up charging when it is clear this is a 0.9% car with a $4000 MSRP discount.
Edit: I see now it's the m4 CS. Ughh.
Yah, my fault.

I read way too fast and thought it was for the M2 CS.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 02:08 PM   #53
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I read the fine print for the 0.9% on the bmw NA site and it sorta indicates the dealership has to agree to the 0.9%

*Estimated payments exclude applicable taxes, title, registration, license, and documentary fees, and will vary depending upon the final price and terms agreed upon between you and your BMW Center
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 04:41 PM   #54
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

They agreed to the 0.9% and dropped the 1% markup nonsense.

Thank you to those that reached out with allocation information. Under MSRP is out there if you're willing to ask the forum for help.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 06:27 PM   #55
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:

Thank you to those that reached out with allocation information. Under MSRP is out there if you're willing to ask the forum for help.
Did people tell you about modifiable allocations ?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 07:01 PM   #56
QM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS 6MT

Quote:

Initially, I had the same situation with the finance guy after I asked to lock the rate. Reached out to sales manager and he said they'll give me the buy rate. We'll see. I bought a bunch of cars from this dealer over the years so that likely helps. Credit union rates are slightly worse but that would stick it to dealer for being greedy. That's what I did last time. Hoping not to have to do it again.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 08:10 PM   #57
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Did people tell you about modifiable allocations ?
Yes, but the window is short.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 08:21 PM   #58
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by QM View Post
Initially, I had the same situation with the finance guy after I asked to lock the rate. Reached out to sales manager and he said they'll give me the buy rate. We'll see. I bought a bunch of cars from this dealer over the years so that likely helps. Credit union rates are slightly worse but that would stick it to dealer for being greedy. That's what I did last time. Hoping not to have to do it again.
The worst part about it for me was that it tarnished an amazing experience that I was having. My SA has been fantastic. I wasn't asking for anything more than what BMW was offering. If BMW was only offering 1.9 I would have given my dealership the business over my credit Union because of the positive experience. Switch over to the finance department and everything goes to shit.

This was his logic when I asked if he made a typo.

[The rate locked is 0.9 and we have a 1 point markup, so that’s where the 1.9% APR ends. Which is a phenomenal interest rate compared to what we were looking at not even a year ago on similar models.]

Funny, you didn't mark up my 0.9% rate on my x5 two months ago.

Anyhow, I'll quit ranting. I felt bad because my SA was cc'd to all the emails and I was close to going with another dealership.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 07:17 AM   #59
I Epic I
Rep
Drives: 230i xdrive / M2CS

For those of you who already have a newer BMW, is there any loyalty bonus for already being a BMW customer?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 07:35 AM   #60
jhall1957
Captain
Rep
Drives: SE 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///BYU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncmastr View Post
Has anyone seen lease rates yet? If so, can you share? I have one dealer that is saying there is no residual and therefore no lease available. I smell bull...
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Epic I View Post
I think he means the residual is very low, he should be more clear. the buyout is around the same amount as the m2 comp, and the lease payment is a lot more than the comp. they depreciate the car around 65%.
My CA got back to me on lease rates and said residual is 35% (i.e. what I Epic I said) and money factor is .00122. That's for 36 months and 10,000 miles per year. I didn't know a residual that low was even possible.

Hopefully someone else posts something more encouraging, but this is what I was told. I hope I'm wrong.
Exactly what my buddy who is GM at a M Dealership told me.

He said BMW is afraid that most of these will be tracked and run hard and handed back in pretty crappy shape so they are discouraging leasing to avoid having a bunch of clapped out cars.
      12-02-2020, 07:43 AM   #61
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Epic I View Post
For those of you who already have a newer BMW, is there any loyalty bonus for already being a BMW customer?
I was told that if there is a loyalty offer it will apply. I'm not seeing any current loyalty offers. Anyone else seeing any for December? I'll see if my 500 USAA applies, and then my CCA rebate. I'm hoping for loyalty since I just bought a bmw.

David
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 07:49 AM   #62
TCBavarian
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP, E53 X5

Quote:
I was told that if there is a loyalty offer it will apply. I'm not seeing any current loyalty offers. Anyone else seeing any for December? I'll see if my 500 USAA applies, and then my CCA rebate. I'm hoping for loyalty since I just bought a bmw.

David
Unfortunately there is no loyalty or other major incentives for this car. OL(driving event codes) won't apply because almost all of these are Priority 1 - Customer Sold. I don't recall seeing the M2CS excluded in the fine print from these OL drive event rebates, but you'd have to find one sitting on the lot.

I used my BMWCCA and USAA for this year already. I have PenFed rebate of 500, hoping that applies since it does include the M2.

I have 2 OL codes (G80 M3 Event and Hunger Drive), but none apply.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 08:52 AM   #63
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

I have received BMW loyalty credits even after 60 days of not having an active BMWFS account.

I used my latest BMWCCA rebate in Aug 2020 on my X7 M50i so I would need to take delivery of my M2 CS in Jan 2021 to receive another rebate (new calendar year).
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 11:25 AM   #64
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCBavarian View Post
Unfortunately there is no loyalty or other major incentives for this car. OL(driving event codes) won't apply because almost all of these are Priority 1 - Customer Sold. I don't recall seeing the M2CS excluded in the fine print from these OL drive event rebates, but you'd have to find one sitting on the lot.

I used my BMWCCA and USAA for this year already. I have PenFed rebate of 500, hoping that applies since it does include the M2.

Does the dealer have to agree to let you use the USAA and BMWCCA discounts / rebates? I can look into it, but figured I'd ask since you've recently done it. Curious to know how it works. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 11:42 AM   #65
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCBavarian View Post

I did the Summer Drive On event and that code was valid as any car "ordered and delivered before January 1st" was valid and the CS was not excluded. I went around with BMW on it and because of the conflict in their terms between emails/signup/and final code I had them clarify and discussed with the dealer to make sure that the 1k credit could be used.

Here's what I emailed them about, and they confirmed the first terms applied, not the second:

* Offer is available to prospects who registered at participating dealerships for BMW Summer Drive On, or any family member residing within the same household. $1,000 offer valid on eligible vehicles delivered and retailed 8/17/2020 through 1/4/2021. Eligible models include: all MY2020 and MY2021 BMWs. Offer not valid on pre-owned and CPO units. Offer valid on final negotiated price and may be combined with other applicable BMW offers that are available at the time of purchase. Offer may not be combined with certain other incentive programs. Offer valid towards lease or purchase price of eligible vehicle. Offer only open through participating dealers. Restrictions apply; please see your participating dealer for more details. Current production models shown.

However, after participating in the event, my digital voucher for the $1,000 credit has the following terms:
*$1,000 offer valid on eligible new model year 2020 and 2021 vehicles in dealer stock delivered and retailed through 1/04/21. Models excluded are MINI vehicles and BMW Pre-Owned/CPO vehicles. This offer cannot be used for previously ordered or previously delivered vehicles and is only valid on delivery of in-stock vehicles. Offer valid to customers and their family members residing within the same household, attending the BMW Summer Drive On event at participating BMW Centers and registering by 8/22. Offer valid on final negotiated price and may be combined with other applicable BMW offers that are available at the time of purchase. Only one OL number per vehicle may be used. Offer valid towards purchase price of eligible vehicle. Only valid at participating dealers. ©2020 BMW of North America, LLC. The BMW name, model names and logo are registered trademarks.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 11:43 AM   #66
TCBavarian
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP, E53 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///BYU View Post
Does the dealer have to agree to let you use the USAA and BMWCCA discounts / rebates? I can look into it, but figured I'd ask since you've recently done it. Curious to know how it works. Thanks!
BMWCCA Rebate comes after the sale. You fill out the rebate form. It's completely separate from the dealer and not in their hands.

I suppose a dealer could not allow you to use a USAA rebate, but I don't see that happening. Once you hand over that code, they enter it into the system and that money goes to them (which they should reflect with a reduced sales price).
Appreciate 1
///BYU268.50