BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > 564 M2 CS Allocations Released For USA

11-25-2020, 05:17 AM   #441
sgtbo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X1

M2 CS

Are dealers selling the CS over MSRP?

I am on the fence about getting one in Germany $76K for manual black on black.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 08:59 AM   #442
AxM2CS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E28 535i >E39 528iT >E39 540i6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbo View Post
Are dealers selling the CS over MSRP?

I am on the fence about getting one in Germany $76K for manual black on black.
Some are trying to, and a few (at least) are succeeding. You won't beat that price or value - assume you can get the military discount? Think you should..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 10:38 AM   #443
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
I imagine any dealer with a CS, whether available or already sold, may use it in their marketing (including Black Friday) to generate emails and calls to sell other cars. This is very typical and Porsche dealers do this with their GT# cars all the time. Tons of 911R's were used in marketing and advertised as "for sale" and of course not a single one was available. As for BMW of Alexandria, they received the highest number of CS allocations of which I'm aware. Before my local dealership came off of their ADM, I made numerous calls to various dealerships and Alexandria was one. They said 5k ADM was the best they could do and that they had already sold several at this price or higher. I said congrats and checked them off the list. They probably received a disproportionate number of the next 100 allocations, as well. That must be one hot dealership.
They had 5 in the first wave because they scooped up other smaller stores cars that didn't want their allocations when they first came out. Clearly as we see now they did this with intent to gouge the market. They didn't get anymore out of the additional 98. Cancel them!
      11-25-2020, 11:07 AM   #444
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
They had 5 in the first wave because they scooped up other smaller stores cars that didn't want their allocations when they first came out. Clearly as we see now they did this with intent to gouge the market. They didn't get anymore out of the additional 98. Cancel them!
Very interesting -- thanks for all of the good info you bring to the forum.
Appreciate 1
GimmeanM1448.50
      11-25-2020, 12:16 PM   #445
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

I'm glad to see the dealerships trying to take advantage of customers aren't being rewarded. There are a lot of really good honest dealerships out there and BMW should support them.
      11-25-2020, 01:32 PM   #446
windnsea00
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
Can that behavior get them in hot water with BMWNA?
      11-25-2020, 01:41 PM   #447
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by windnsea00 View Post
Can that behavior get them in hot water with BMWNA?
I'm not sure. The only guideline that I'm aware of pertains to the financial statements and a monitoring of the gross profit percentage within the model line. The CS goes the same line as the M2C, so it might make that parameter more difficult to gauge. In all likelihood BMWNA is more apt to be upset with those dealers that gave away their only allocation as it seems it was their intention to have all stores receive at least one...ya know, for ///Marketing purposes
      11-25-2020, 04:30 PM   #448
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I'm glad to see the dealerships trying to take advantage of customers aren't being rewarded. There are a lot of really good honest dealerships out there and BMW should support them.
Any manufacturer including BMW will support the best selling dealerships well over their most honest ones.

That's the nature of the beast!
Bimmed Out1908.50
      11-26-2020, 09:54 AM   #449
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Any manufacturer including BMW will support the best selling dealerships well over their most honest ones.
So true. For an easy example, check Rennlist for all of the endless threads of enthusiasts complaining about how high-volume stealerships are favored by PAG.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2020, 05:34 PM   #450
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
So true. For an easy example, check Rennlist for all of the endless threads of enthusiasts complaining about how high-volume stealerships are favored by PAG.
My point exactly.
Bimmed Out1908.50
      11-26-2020, 09:09 PM   #451
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

My dealer got my allocation from another dealer, even though they are pretty high volume.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 10:00 PM   #452
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep

Reading through, there is a very odd viewpoint on a $5k saving. Yes, a set of wheels or a nice vacation with the wife. Frame it differently. Your buying a $92k car that is $100k with tax. If you're worried about the $5k, you should save your money and buy a m2c for $65k. Sure, I wouldn't leave a $5k tip at a restaurant to throw money away, but you have adequate capacity or you weren't going to buy a $100k car. Plus or minus $5k is largely irrelevant to the buying decision. So, if you're in the market to buy one, don't sweat the details and enjoy it!
I'm more focused on squeezing money out of my trade, then haggling for a discount on the new car.
Appreciate 4
Hedoniste3834.00
sdhotwn2128.50
p540i98.50
Vivek.1366.00
      11-26-2020, 10:31 PM   #453
robopp
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
Reading through, there is a very odd viewpoint on a $5k saving. Yes, a set of wheels or a nice vacation with the wife. Frame it differently. Your buying a $92k car that is $100k with tax. If you're worried about the $5k, you should save your money and buy a m2c for $65k. Sure, I wouldn't leave a $5k tip at a restaurant to throw money away, but you have adequate capacity or you weren't going to buy a $100k car. Plus or minus $5k is largely irrelevant to the buying decision. So, if you're in the market to buy one, don't sweat the details and enjoy it!
I'm more focused on squeezing money out of my trade, then haggling for a discount on the new car.
This makes zero sense. You should be focusing on squeezing as much as you can out of your trade and the biggest discount you can get on the car. It's not one or the other.
Appreciate 1
il Nemico137.50
      11-27-2020, 01:05 AM   #454
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
IMHO that's a flawed reasoning.

It's about 'over-overpriced' versus 'already questionably steep'. Why ? Because it's about the value of the goods put up for sale, with MSRP as the semi-objective highest reference point for all cars involved (say, the tipping point of 'enough') and not about the financial resources/capacity of a customer.

It's about the real estate sales pitch: "You're a billionaire, so hey, what's a couple of million more to line my pockets for this beautiful house ?". It's about walking into a bar and hearing: "A markup for your beer, you rich-a$$ buddy, because you can swing it" and subsequently getting blamed for being greedy because, as a matter of principle, you refuse to order and leave.

Bottom-line: do not shift the greed blame to the buyer. It's the seller who's scrupulously greedy here when selling an M2 CS over sticker, not the (wealthy) buyer who refuses to play that rip-off game imposed by the sharks (cf. 'stealerships'). And please don't start me about supply & demand about a commodity when making the financial position of a customer part of the equation.

To each his own, but IMHO it's about the decency of valuing good manners. Regardless whether it's house, a car, a kitchen or even a coffee or a simple pair of socks.

11-27-2020, 04:49 AM   #455
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
IMHO that's a flawed reasoning.

It's about 'over-overpriced' versus 'already questionably steep'. Why ? Because it's about the value of the goods put up for sale, with MSRP as the semi-objective highest reference point for all cars involved (say, the tipping point of 'enough') and not about the financial resources/capacity of a customer.

It's about the real estate sales pitch: "You're a billionaire, so hey, what's a couple of million more to line my pockets for this beautiful house ?". It's about walking into a bar and hearing: "A markup for your beer, you rich-a$$ buddy, because you can swing it" and subsequently getting blamed for being greedy because, as a matter of principle, you refuse to order and leave.

Bottom-line: do not shift the greed blame to the buyer. It's the seller who's scrupulously greedy here when selling an M2 CS over sticker, not the (wealthy) buyer who refuses to play that rip-off game imposed by the sharks (cf. 'stealerships'). And please don't start me about supply & demand about a commodity when making the financial position of a customer part of the equation.

To each his own, but IMHO it's about the decency of valuing good manners. Regardless whether it's house, a car, a kitchen or even a coffee or a simple pair of socks.
I couldn't agree more.

I work hard for my money and like to keep as much of it in my pocket as I can rather than having to "give it away" just because somebody asked for it.

Being able to afford something pricey having worked hard for it shouldn't warrant being ripped off just because you can afford it.

Most folks aren't born into wealth, they work long and hard getting there; Afterall, Steve Jobs was the son of a Syrian migrant and started from humble beginnings as did Elon Musk and thousands more like them.
      11-27-2020, 06:33 AM   #456
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

+2
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 07:44 AM   #457
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep

Quote:
I was with you until your last sentence, which contradicted your position.

I never get upset about pricing. At the end of any negotiation, the other party's final price either works for me or it doesn't. When I was initially shopping around for a CS, the first set of dealerships insisted on an ADM. I didn't want to pay more than MSRP, so I thanked them for their time and moved onto the next. It's very helpful going in to any consumption proposition to know what your ceiling is and simply stick to it. Sports cars are purely luxury items, so it's not like any of us need them. If the price doesn't work for you, either because you can't afford it or just don't think it's fair, it's best to just politely pass and move on.
Appreciate 3
///M2CS1151.00
Artemis29356.50
      11-27-2020, 07:44 AM   #458
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

I get both sides, and it's all relative to whatever you value and what matters to you. I buy many of my tools from Harbor Freight because they are so much cheaper and good enough for what I need or for one off use. I do the work on my cars because I enjoy it and I can't stomach paying the dealer or a shop hundreds of dollars for something that I can do in a couple hours for thirty bucks in parts (oil filter housing gasket for example). I don't buy expensive clothes or shoes because I just don't see the value. On the flip side it gives me the luxury of occasionally not worrying about being flippant about cost for something like the CS, or dumping extra into the floor of my garage so it looked nicer (that cost more than 5k alone) etc. We each make different value calculations every day.

You don't get wealthy by spending every penny you earn, but you also don't enjoy your own success by never leveraging its advantages. That looks different for every person. You do you, and I'll cheer you on either way.
2014 Cayman S

Last edited by sdhotwn; 11-27-2020 at 07:52 AM..
Appreciate 4
Bimmed Out1908.50
f80_MG563.50
2taCoS279.00
      11-27-2020, 08:00 AM   #459
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

I also looked at it this way, personally. The car was perfect for me after a lot of shopping, and really nothing else was even close, even the M2C. Again, a "just me" thing. The fact that there were 2 deposits after me at my dealership, and I'd been declined on even depositing at 2 other dealerships told me that it'd be pretty tough in my region to get an allocation at the time. The stress of trying to chase out an allocation somewhere else in the country, find a car spec'ed the way I'd want to, deal with a dealer I didn't know, ship a car, do financing/transfer over the phone etc. All things I've done at different times in life. Just weren't worth a theoretical savings that I wasn't sure would even exist. I was buying the luxury of putting in a deposit, and then walking in later and signing and driving and having zero stress in the transaction. Worth it to me, senseless to others . Maybe in between to you.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 3
Hedoniste3834.00
MomoM3984.00
      12-02-2020, 02:34 PM   #460
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

BMW Peoria has a Hock Silver, 6-MT, Steel brakes, black wheels with super sports on the Lot.

However, they are asking for $10K markup because "only 400 were made". Just talked to the SA.

Just sharing. There are better deals around folks.

(no i am not a dealer)
Appreciate 1
yaymitch867.50
      12-02-2020, 02:44 PM   #461
yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
BMW Peoria has a Hock Silver, 6-MT, Steel brakes, black wheels with super sports on the Lot.

However, they are asking for $10K markup because "only 400 were made". Just talked to the SA.

Just sharing. There are better deals around folks.

(no i am not a dealer)
This is why it's on the lot. Hope it stays there and no one pays ADM.
gmhl10384.50
      12-02-2020, 04:39 PM   #462
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaymitch View Post
This is why it's on the lot. Hope it stays there and no one pays ADM.
I hope someone does
I like to hear the value of my car is going up
I'd also say that the ADM now is one thing, but when all the allocations are gone, that's when the real premiums will come out. Unless demand is more or less filled by the planned production, which is also possible.
I think it's probably challenging to imagine the car at a much higher price than sticker. It's just so expensive for what it is.
Appreciate 1
ChiTownM1056.00