BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California > Looking for body shop LA / OC to instal carbon parts

12-28-2020, 08:31 PM   #1
GFEA
@333m2c
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c f87 S55

Garage List
Looking for body shop LA / OC to instal carbon parts

Looking for body shop LA / OC to install carbon parts please let me know if you have recommendations. All of the quotes I've gotten seem obscene to install carbon roof, front lip, rear diffuser, and side skirts so I figured I'd try here.

Thank you!

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1805010
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 08:43 PM   #2
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFEA View Post
Looking for body shop LA / OC to install carbon parts please let me know if you have recommendations. All of the quotes I've gotten seem obscene to install carbon roof, front lip, rear diffuser, and side skirts so I figured I'd try here.

Thank you!
Carbon roof is in a different league compare to front lip, rear diffuser, and side skirts when it comes to installation time and cost.

Have you tried the usual suspects, EAS, Auto Talent etc?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 08:59 PM   #3
M2 CCO
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [8.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredbym View Post
Quote:

Thank you!
Carbon roof is in a different league compare to front lip, rear diffuser, and side skirts when it comes to installation time and cost.

I've used EAS for several items on my car, but agree the carbon roof ratchets the level of complexity up significantly!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 12:22 AM   #4
GFEA
@333m2c
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 CCO View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you!

I've used EAS for several items on my car, but agree the carbon roof ratchets the level of complexity up significantly!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you!

Yeah the lip and other items are fairly simple it's more the carbon roof. The best quote I got was 1500 for the install which is more than the roof so I'm convinced I can do better

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 05:49 AM   #5
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you!

Yeah the lip and other items are fairly simple it's more the carbon roof. The best quote I got was 1500 for the install which is more than the roof so I'm convinced I can do better
That sounds about right actually. It's quite labor intensive. And you definitely want to take it to a trusted body shop
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 12:26 PM   #6
CalAcacian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Yeah, the carbon roof install at 1500 is actually spot on. Install of that part is almost always more expensive than the part itself.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 01:54 PM   #7
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

OP, reach out to IND-Distribution they should have recommended installers near you in LA.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 05:47 PM   #8
GFEA
@333m2c
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
OP, reach out to IND-Distribution they should have recommended installers near you in LA.
Thank you!

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 06:32 PM   #9
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you!

You realize they literally have to cut your roof off to install that right? 1500 is actually pretty inexpensive all things considered.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 08:02 PM   #10
GFEA
@333m2c
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
You realize they literally have to cut your roof off to install that right? 1500 is actually pretty inexpensive all things considered.
Yeah just wanted to make sure that pricing was accurate and if there were good shop recommendations since its a big job. ABS auto body shop got back to me quick per someone's recommendations and they quotes 1700 for the roof and 185 for everything else which seems reasonable.

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 01:56 PM   #11
mikeyymonster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Let us know how the install goes!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 02:36 PM   #12
6speed_M2
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Garage List
AGC collision in Hollywood
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 03:27 PM   #13
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Kings Autobody

I take any vehicle I have any issue with to these guys. Tell them Commanderwiggin sent you and he'll take the same excellent care he does to all their customers.

http://www.kingsautobodyshop.com/
      12-30-2020, 03:41 PM   #14
GFEA
@333m2c
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyymonster View Post
Let us know how the install goes!
Will do! The more I shop around for the parts I think RW carbon looks like the best bang fir the buck since the car will be tracked regularly.

Appreciate 0