BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Bilstein PSS10 B16

12-28-2020, 03:36 PM   #1
AdonM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt

Bilstein PSS10 B16

After researching both Bilstein PSS10 B16 and M Performance coilovers I decided to go with Bilstein. I installed them with the help of two friends and it was fairly straight forward with the exception of having to find the proper tool(18mm and 22mm pass through socket) to remove/install the top mounts from the stock shocks and the new shocks.

For those who are interested I adjusted to 13 threads from top of the shock in the front and 8 threads in the rear. This is how the car looks after about a week. Next step is to get it aligned. I adjusted the rebound and compression to 4 on all shocks. The overall ride is a little stiffer than stock and the car seems very planted. My main goal was to reduce fender gap and have a comfortable ride for everyday driving and occasional canyon runs. I am satisfied for the time being but will need to test these out more to have a better idea of overall performance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-28-2020, 04:20 PM   #2
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonM3 View Post
After researching both Bilstein PSS10 B16 and M Performance coilovers I decided to go with Bilstein. I installed them with the help of two friends and it was fairly straight forward with the exception of having to find the proper tool(18mm and 22mm pass through socket) to remove/install the top mounts from the stock shocks and the new shocks.

For those who are interested I adjusted to 13 threads from top of the shock in the front and 8 threads in the rear. This is how the car looks after about a week. Next step is to get it aligned. I adjusted the rebound and compression to 4 on all shocks. The overall ride is a little stiffer than stock and the car seems very planted. My main goal was to reduce fender gap and have a comfortable ride for everyday driving and occasional canyon runs. I am satisfied for the time being but will need to test these out more to have a better idea of overall performance.
Looking good. This ride height really is how it should have come from the factory.
Coilovers really enhances the handling even further with this car. You can just turn in, feel the grip more through the steering wheel with almost no body roll then throttle out in the canyons. Very satisfying.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 04:40 PM   #3
AdonM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredbym View Post
Looking good. This ride height really is how it should have come from the factory.
Coilovers really enhances the handling even further with this car. You can just turn in, feel the grip more through the steering wheel with almost no body roll then throttle out in the canyons. Very satisfying.
Thanks! Couldn't agree more, the car looks great stock but eliminating some of that wheel gap makes it look even better IMO. I'm looking forward to testing them out more. What suspension are you running?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 06:40 PM   #4
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonM3 View Post
Thanks! Couldn't agree more, the car looks great stock but eliminating some of that wheel gap makes it look even better IMO. I'm looking forward to testing them out more. What suspension are you running?
Been on M performance coilovers for 2 years now, no complaints on and off track
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 10:37 AM   #5
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG///M View Post
Been on M performance coilovers for 2 years now, no complaints on and off track
Would like to know what your front and rear drop is. What size tires do you run on track? Any rubbing problems? I have ordered MP Coilovers and run 18" track tires. What is the widest you can go?
      12-30-2020, 11:29 AM   #6
DriverDaily
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief1richard View Post
Any rubbing problems? I have ordered MP Coilovers and run 18" track tires. What is the widest you can go?
So the springs on the M performance coilovers are wider, and thus sit closer to the sidewall of the tire.
Appreciate 1