BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Full BMW M2 options / equipment list (+ codes)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-16-2015, 11:19 PM   #221
Seagull
Major
Seagull's Avatar
Canada
277
Rep
1,073
Posts

Drives: F87 M2, E84 X1
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
He is definitely wrong.Dealers in Canada do not have any ordering info yet for the M2.His facts also lack any credibility if he is telling you that the M2 would come with a painted black roof,even if you order the car in LBB.That is truly laughable.
+1. My contact inside BMW Group Canada agrees with you. Timing for production, ordering and arrival schedules as well as pricing is not defined/official yet. I only get approximations from him for now.
__________________
Current: F87 M2 MT MPE, E84 PP SP LP
Previous: F30 - 335i AT, E90 - 335xi MT, E90 - 330i MT, E46 - 330i MT
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2015, 09:18 AM   #222
W///
Lieutenant General
W///'s Avatar
4203
Rep
10,866
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 M3 /07 Z4MR / 99 E36 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
He is definitely wrong.Dealers in Canada do not have any ordering info yet for the M2.His facts also lack any credibility if he is telling you that the M2 would come with a painted black roof,even if you order the car in LBB.That is truly laughable.
+1. The painted black roof is one of the dumber things I've read lately
__________________
Current: E92 M3 Sparkling Graphite/Bamboo Beige/6MT. E36 M3 Techno Violet/Dove/5MT. E85 Z4MR Alpine White/Imola Red/6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 08:20 PM   #223
DDR MFS
Second Lieutenant
United_States
94
Rep
281
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 MW/CSC/6MT/18s
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dysfunctional, USA

iTrader: (0)

Anyone know if factory installed black/shadow trim will be an option?

Love it on my "is", and would love it on a LBB F87.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 08:45 PM   #224
gthal
Major General
gthal's Avatar
Canada
1832
Rep
5,688
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by violinfather View Post
I went to a dealer in Edmonton today. New sales manager said that the M2 will not be sold in Canada with a manual transmission. Also said that the car will have a painted black roof even if ordered in LBB. Price $65000. Not sure now that I am going to order this car given the lack of a manual transmission.
Complete BS if you ask me. The GM for my dealer out East showed me an email from the eastern Canadian regional BMW rep and they don't have ANY specific info as of last Thursday. He had some general info but that's it.

The $65,000 price is high, IMO, too... my dealer is speculating (notice I said speculating) it will be very low $60K base. Maybe the Edmonton dealer is building in their "markup" already
__________________
2020 X3 M40i | Black | Current DD
2020 C8 Corvette | Z51 | Torch Red ... built and waiting for delivery
2016 M2 | Long Beach Blue | 6MT
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 10:07 PM   #225
Nantucket
Lieutenant Colonel
Nantucket's Avatar
Canada
1299
Rep
1,968
Posts

Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR MFS View Post
Anyone know if factory installed black/shadow trim will be an option?

Love it on my "is", and would love it on a LBB F87.

Thanks!
The high gloss shadowline trim that goes around the top of the doors and part of the side mirrors is standard on the M2.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 10:10 PM   #226
DDR MFS
Second Lieutenant
United_States
94
Rep
281
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 MW/CSC/6MT/18s
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dysfunctional, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
The high gloss shadowline trim that goes around the top of the doors and part of the side mirrors is standard on the M2.
Thanks! Completely missed it. I was also distracted by the chrome kidneys. Thanks again!
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2015, 10:23 PM   #227
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
431
Rep
555
Posts

Drives: LBB M2
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
The high gloss shadowline trim that goes around the top of the doors and part of the side mirrors is standard on the M2.
Man do I love the side profile of this car!!!
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2015, 05:19 AM   #228
Aussie_1M_M2
Registered
2
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: Black 1M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

No M Mirrors on launch car

I wonder why there are no M mirrors fitted to the new M2
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 06:29 AM   #229
foxyman
Private
South Africa
34
Rep
87
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI Manual
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cape Town

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to foxyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_1M_M2 View Post
I wonder why there are no M mirrors fitted to the new M2
The mount to the door/window is different to the 3/4 series and cost of developing a new mount would have pushed costs up...
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2015, 08:19 AM   #230
W///
Lieutenant General
W///'s Avatar
4203
Rep
10,866
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 M3 /07 Z4MR / 99 E36 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRAR View Post
Man do I love the side profile of this car!!!
It's the best angle I think. Looks great. Would look so much better with a taller CF trunk spoiler though.
__________________
Current: E92 M3 Sparkling Graphite/Bamboo Beige/6MT. E36 M3 Techno Violet/Dove/5MT. E85 Z4MR Alpine White/Imola Red/6MT
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2015, 08:21 AM   #231
Nahlem
Lieutenant
Nahlem's Avatar
Sweden
478
Rep
566
Posts

Drives: BMW i3s (DD)
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR MFS View Post
Thanks! Completely missed it. I was also distracted by the chrome kidneys. Thanks again!
To those of you who will be getting the shadow-line trim on your car be very careful with it in the future when washing it or using any chemicals on it, It can get a grey defect on it and it will look like sh*t so only use good substances for cleaning it when you get your M2, Trust me i know i speak of experience from my 2er :P
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 08:21 AM   #232
Nahlem
Lieutenant
Nahlem's Avatar
Sweden
478
Rep
566
Posts

Drives: BMW i3s (DD)
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
It's the best angle I think. Looks great. Would look so much better with a taller CF trunk spoiler though.
The CF Spoiler is going to complete the car with the help of the black kidneys !!!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 06:56 PM   #233
CDN
New Member
Belgium
14
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: LBB M2 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden_88M View Post
To those of you who will be getting the shadow-line trim on your car be very careful with it in the future when washing it or using any chemicals on it, It can get a grey defect on it and it will look like sh*t so only use good substances for cleaning it when you get your M2, Trust me i know i speak of experience from my 2er :P
Good to know! Which products do you use on yours?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 11:43 AM   #234
bdaddylo
Major
bdaddylo's Avatar
United_States
142
Rep
1,455
Posts

Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
Actually the 1M was also limited to supply constraint within the 1 year it was produced. They planned for around 60 cars per month at the factory, which fluctuated based on the demand of the regular 1-series at X1. The only country that had a set number of production cars was the UK which was 450. Every car produced for the UK came tagged with its production number 1-450 on it somewhere.

The M2 will most likely be the same. An estimate of how many they will be wiling to churn out per month, but no max number per market (except maybe the UK again).

The real question is, will they continue production after the 2017 date last seen in the computer system? If not, the M2 may be the next 1M in terms of availability and value.

For the record, the UK wasn't the only country to have set production numbers and the UK cars were not tagged with their specific production number. The plaque only said 1 of 450. I believe France was the only country to have specifically production numbered plaques and their set production number was 100. You also failed to mention that BMW over produced the 1M from their initial estimate.

What limited the 1M production was the end of the E82 life cycle and the M2 doesn't have the same issue.
__________________
_______________________

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2011 1 Series M Coupe/VO/Fully Loaded/Bloated/Stoptech ST-40 Trophy Street
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 07:28 AM   #235
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
1413
Rep
3,262
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vero Beach, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
What limited the 1M production was the end of the E82 life cycle and the M2 doesn't have the same issue.
The M2 has other issues, like the fact that capacity at Leipzig is limited, and the fact that this is the same plant where BMW produces some of their popular models. I don't think BMW is going to set (or publish, for that matter) a specific production number, but I do think the M2 will be supply constrained by Leipzig's capacity and BMW's decision to prioritize production of other models.
__________________
His: 2013 ///M3 - Interlagos Blue Black M-DCT
Hers: 2013 X3 28i - N20 Mineral Silver / Sand Beige / Premium, Tech
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2015, 11:02 PM   #236
bdaddylo
Major
bdaddylo's Avatar
United_States
142
Rep
1,455
Posts

Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
The M2 has other issues, like the fact that capacity at Leipzig is limited, and the fact that this is the same plant where BMW produces some of their popular models. I don't think BMW is going to set (or publish, for that matter) a specific production number, but I do think the M2 will be supply constrained by Leipzig's capacity and BMW's decision to prioritize production of other models.
Other issue? The 1M had the same issue, but the plant's capacity has increased each year. Companies always have a planned number which can change, but there is always a number used to forecast profit and loss and to give their suppliers. I'm predicting the M2 production numbers per year will be at least double of the 1M.
__________________
_______________________

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2011 1 Series M Coupe/VO/Fully Loaded/Bloated/Stoptech ST-40 Trophy Street
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 02:07 PM   #237
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
1413
Rep
3,262
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vero Beach, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
Other issue? The 1M had the same issue, but the plant's capacity has increased each year. Companies always have a planned number which can change, but there is always a number used to forecast profit and loss and to give their suppliers. I'm predicting the M2 production numbers per year will be at least double of the 1M.
Nothing you said refutes what I said.

"Other issue?"

Yes, other issues. As in, issues that aren't related to the one you listed (E82 end-of-life).

"The 1M had the same issue..."

I never said it didn't.

"...but the plant's capacity has increased each year."

True, but it's still running at near capacity.

"I'm predicting the M2 production numbers per year will be at least double of the 1M."

That wouldn't surprise me in the least, but that doesn't mean that production will meet demand.

I should also clarify my statement: "I don't think BMW is going to set (or publish, for that matter) a specific production number..."

I agree/understand that every manufacturer has internal production targets, but that's not really what I'm referring to. I'm referring to scenarios where a manufacturer sets a limit on production that is released to the public, or is intended to limit production strictly for the purpose of creating something like a "limited edition". I think you and I are in agreement that this doesn't appear to be BMW's goal with the M2.
__________________
His: 2013 ///M3 - Interlagos Blue Black M-DCT
Hers: 2013 X3 28i - N20 Mineral Silver / Sand Beige / Premium, Tech
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 11:20 PM   #238
hans007
Captain
440
Rep
945
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi A4
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Almost guarantee the answer is no. Can't get any manual seats in BMWs in the US currently.

you can get manual seats in a 228 or a 320i i think. the 1m also could have manual seats so why not. saves like 5 lbs per chair
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 12:41 PM   #239
Pol
Nobody is perfect !
Pol's Avatar
Belgium
637
Rep
1,126
Posts

Drives: M2 (MG) M DCT - April 2016
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riky View Post
Just went by the dealer to get my M2 configured. The sales guy asked me to confirm all the options and sign the papers.

I agreed with him to buy the dealer demo car (HEA car = Handler-Erst-Ausstattung). So my car needs to be on display at the dealer for one weekend for the official reveal and reception of the M2. I can drive it home Sunday evening.

He couldn't give me an exact date yet, but his BMW order screen stated the production is set for February 2016. Normally it takes about two to three weeks for a new car to get from Germany to Belgium. So I estimate somewhere around the beginning of March I will get my M2. I will check with him from time to time to see if the date changes. You'll be the first to know!



Complete BMW M2 options/equipment list translated by jzmundy and MR.

(STD) means standard. Remember this is for an European spec M2.

Attachment 1260922
Attachment 1260923
Still beginning of March ?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 01:07 PM   #240
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
metrickid's Avatar
Netherlands
2962
Rep
4,229
Posts

Drives: E91 318d
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Autobahn

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Still beginning of March ?
It also says in his post that it have to be present during the official introduction (April 16).
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 02:44 PM   #241
Riky
Private
Riky's Avatar
Belgium
134
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 1M+G30 540i+Ginetta G55&G50
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riky View Post
Just went by the dealer to get my M2 configured. The sales guy asked me to confirm all the options and sign the papers.

I agreed with him to buy the dealer demo car (HEA car = Handler-Erst-Ausstattung). So my car needs to be on display at the dealer for one weekend for the official reveal and reception of the M2. I can drive it home Sunday evening.

He couldn't give me an exact date yet, but his BMW order screen stated the production is set for February 2016. Normally it takes about two to three weeks for a new car to get from Germany to Belgium. So I estimate somewhere around the beginning of March I will get my M2. I will check with him from time to time to see if the date changes. You'll be the first to know!



Complete BMW M2 options/equipment list translated by jzmundy and MR.

(STD) means standard. Remember this is for an European spec M2.

Attachment 1260922
Attachment 1260923
Still beginning of March ?
Production week 9 ( starts tomorrow)

Delivery week 11. But I will probably be blocked at the dealer until April 16.

I'll post pics as soon as possible.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 11:48 AM   #242
Prodigy.
Major
Prodigy.'s Avatar
Australia
583
Rep
1,489
Posts

Drives: ///M2
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Anyone know what option code 7CG Repair Inclusive 3/200 means?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST