09-28-2022, 04:05 PM   #67
DadVibes
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Got an email reply back this morning, the ETA has been pushed back to 10/31. ...
That's unfortunate. Looks like it will likely end up as a nice little winter project, at this point.

On the plus side, I had the Autosolutions shift kit installed yesterday. Shifting is now so notchy and precise. That will hold me over until the clutch pedal shows up.
tom @ eas8215.00
      09-29-2022, 07:42 PM   #68
Telluride
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadVibes View Post
That's unfortunate. Looks like it will likely end up as a nice little winter project, at this point.

On the plus side, I had the Autosolutions shift kit installed yesterday. Shifting is now so notchy and precise. That will hold me over until the clutch pedal shows up.
Remind me what % reduction you went with? And what did you decide regarding bushing?

I still have zero noise or vibration. Makes me wonder about the whole thread I read about needing a heavier shift knob, etc. to quell the noise. Idk, I have the M performance knob and it's great.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 02:12 PM   #69
DadVibes
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telluride View Post

Remind me what % reduction you went with? And what did you decide regarding bushing?

I still have zero noise or vibration. Makes me wonder about the whole thread I read about needing a heavier shift knob, etc. to quell the noise. Idk, I have the M performance knob and it's great.
25% reduction w/80A+ "intermediate" bushings. No notable increase in vibration or noise, other than more mechanical "thunking" when engaging each gear. But that's a desired change, IMO.

I have the standard OEM knob and it feels fantastic. Just the right amount of effort needed to shift gears. The M performance knob is the heaviest I'd go, based on Ron's recommendations. At some point I may switch to that, mainly for the looks. But I'm very happy with the current configuration.
chris7197334.00
      09-30-2022, 09:57 PM   #70
PHX102
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

In the minority here, but I don't care for the UCP. I bought it hoping to add a little resistance to the OEM set up and lower the pedal position… I started with the adjustable spring in the middle but it felt to, well, springy and not linear. I moved the spring to the lightest position and it feels good now but kind of defeats the point of stiffening it up in the first place. Also while it does lower the pedal position, the UCP arm now rest on the plastic piece that comes down from the dash or whatever you want to call it. Some other forum members cut the plastic to make it fit but I'm not a fan of this approach even if I don't see it. I also worry it is keeping tension on the pedal/clutch like sitting a a light resting your foot on the pedal and may lead to premature clutch wear… all said, I will save my coin the next time around.
Appreciate 1
IM2C2066.50
      10-01-2022, 07:43 AM   #71
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX102 View Post
In the minority here, but I don't care for the UCP. I bought it hoping to add a little resistance to the OEM set up and lower the pedal position… I started with the adjustable spring in the middle but it felt to, well, springy and not linear. I moved the spring to the lightest position and it feels good now but kind of defeats the point of stiffening it up in the first place. Also while it does lower the pedal position, the UCP arm now rest on the plastic piece that comes down from the dash or whatever you want to call it. Some other forum members cut the plastic to make it fit but I'm not a fan of this approach even if I don't see it. I also worry it is keeping tension on the pedal/clutch like sitting a a light resting your foot on the pedal and may lead to premature clutch wear… all said, I will save my coin the next time around.
All of the cars I have owned have had a different clutch feel, I simply got used to them. Sure, some were better than others, but after a little time with each it really became "normal".
Davil6524.50
      10-01-2022, 10:33 AM   #72
PHX102
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3R1 View Post
Quote:
All of the cars I have owned have had a different clutch feel, I simply got used to them. Sure, some were better than others, but after a little time with each it really became "normal".
I agree and will just stick with stock moving forward.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 11:34 AM   #73
DadVibes
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I agree and will just stick with stock moving forward.
Admittedly, I would have never even considered changing out the clutch pedal, until I drove my buddy's Cayman GT4. Afterwards, the lack of clutch feedback in my car was extremely apparent. I ordered the clutch pedal immediately after getting home from that experience.

Fast forward over 2 months, with the clutch pedal on perpetual back order, and I'm finding myself second guessing the necessity. I've gotten used to the clutch feel again and I'm starting to wonder if I should just go ahead and save my money.

Especially after reading so many people going back to the OEM spring setting, seemingly defeating the purpose of it.
      10-01-2022, 11:41 AM   #74
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Admittedly, I would have never even considered changing out the clutch pedal, until I drove my buddy's Cayman GT4. Afterwards, the lack of clutch feedback in my car was extremely apparent. I ordered the clutch pedal immediately after getting home from that experience.

Fast forward over 2 months, with the clutch pedal on perpetual back order, and I'm finding myself second guessing the necessity. I've gotten used to the clutch feel again and I'm starting to wonder if I should just go ahead and save my money.

Especially after reading so many people going back to the OEM spring setting, seemingly defeating the purpose of it.
Try to avoid driving P cars... Problem solved...

PHX102160.50
ROASTM163.50
      10-01-2022, 11:47 AM   #75
DadVibes
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Hard lesson learned, unfortunately.

Good news is the Autosulotions shift kit solved the shifting problem. The clutch feel, meh... I'm over it.
      10-01-2022, 12:31 PM   #76
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:

I agree. Sad thing is my Mazda 3 has better clutch feedback than this one though lol. It’s not a big deal in my opinion though.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 05:35 PM   #77
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
10/31 today and got a reply from UCP today, they are still wrapping things up before anodizing/laser engraving, pushing the date to 11/30. Got the typical supply/COVID delays everyone else is having. Sorry to have to be the one to deliver the bad news, but the good news is that it's still happening and the pedals will be arriving soon - just a little later than expected.

Thanks to everyone still hanging in there. If there are any questions regarding an order with us, feel free to reach out to me anytime.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00
      11-01-2022, 01:32 PM   #78
DadVibes
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
10/31 today and got a reply from UCP today, they are still wrapping things up before anodizing/laser engraving, pushing the date to 11/30. Got the typical supply/COVID delays everyone else is having. Sorry to have to be the one to deliver the bad news, but the good news is that it's still happening and the pedals will be arriving soon - just a little later than expected.

Thanks to everyone still hanging in there. If there are any questions regarding an order with us, feel free to reach out to me anytime.
Thanks for the update. Just gives me another 30 days to make up my mind on whether or not the mod is worth the price.

I've been flip-flopping on it a lot, recently. Especially as I'm about to drop some real $$$ on a proper exhaust.
tom @ eas8215.00
      11-27-2022, 11:59 AM   #79
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the update. Just gives me another 30 days to make up my mind on whether or not the mod is worth the price.

I've been flip-flopping on it a lot, recently. Especially as I'm about to drop some real $$$ on a proper exhaust.
Jumping on this thread to see if there are any updates on opinions to these mods? I am gong to do the short shifter, The UPC and the CDV all at once. I too find this car tricky to drive smoothly at normal speed. From a stop, then 1st to second requires more attention then I would expect. If I am being aggressive with more throttle it becomes smoother, I have driven manual transmission cars all my life. I am hoping the CDV delete helps in that regard.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 09:10 PM   #80
PHX102
Second Lieutenant
Rep

UCP For Sale

Posting in the classifieds as well but though I would through it out there that I have an UCP for sale. Drilled for pedal covers, but you wouldn't notice if you have the OEM covers. $200
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 08:43 AM   #81
DadVibes
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

11/30 has now come and gone. I suppose no new news from UCP?

I suspect, after a 5 month wait and no true end in sight, it’s time to cancel my order and forget about it.
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00
      12-02-2022, 10:04 AM   #82
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

I've got one sitting brand-new in an unopened box in my garage-- but I can't get a straight answer if the UCP will hit the surrounding trim or not. If it doesn't, I'll eventually get around to installing. If it does, I have no interest. And I have no time to really install, find out for myself, and possibly uninstall.
      12-02-2022, 10:20 AM   #83
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
I've got one sitting brand-new in an unopened box in my garage-- but I can't get a straight answer if the UCP will hit the surrounding trim or not. If it doesn't, I'll eventually get around to installing. If it does, I have no interest. And I have no time to really install, find out for myself, and possibly uninstall.
Let me know when you have the answer for this. I'm on the list for one when they eventually become available, but won't install it I have to cut the dash. I'm already losing interest in it as is.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 12:00 PM   #84
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
11/30 has now come and gone. I suppose no new news from UCP?

I suspect, after a 5 month wait and no true end in sight, it’s time to cancel my order and forget about it.
Just fired off a quick email, hope to have a response shortly.

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 12:18 PM   #85
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Just got a reply, looks like we're on the home stretch. All that's left is anodizing/laser etching:

For those that already have orders with us, these will be shipping the minute they arrive. If anyone else wants one, now is the time to get on board.

Appreciate 1
(K)1278.00
      12-02-2022, 01:26 PM   #86
DadVibes
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
It is my understanding that minimal trimming is required. Personally, that part (in itself) isn't a big deal to me as it will be completely unseen and I'll forget about it. However, my real concern is that an increasing number of people seem to be going back to the "lightest" spring setting, due to anything stiffer feeling too "On/Off", without a more desirable "Linear" feel, as PHX102 put it.

So essentially, there's a good chance of spending $300+ and cutting your dash, just to end up with the same, or nearly the same feel as stock. Albeit, with the pedal sitting more even with the brake pedal.

I haven't cancelled my order yet. But the longer I wait for this, the more I have to actively convince myself that it's worth bothering with/spending money on.
      12-03-2022, 06:56 AM   #87
hlm2c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

YMMV, but for what it's worth, I feel like it's worth buying and upgrading to. I would gladly pay the $200 or $300 again if I had to do it over, knowing the difference it made (I'm running stock setting btw). Even with having to trim the bottom of the dash slightly (not noticeable unless you're looking for it). It's an upgrade and paired with the SSK is a great match. Other things you can do are the CDV delete and RE trans mounts to go along with it to increase the shifting feel and stability.
Appreciate 1
DadVibes1247.00
      12-09-2022, 08:44 AM   #88
DadVibes
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlm2c View Post
YMMV, but for what it's worth, I feel like it's worth buying and upgrading to.
…..

This is a refreshing perspective. Thanks!

Truthfully, at this point I keep forgetting I even ordered it. It’ll just show up one day and I’m sure I’ll be excited about having another car project to take on, while the car is in hibernation.
hlm2c289.50