BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Best Intercooler for hot climates?

04-15-2022, 01:56 PM   #67
Info@mad-us.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by motivman View Post
best intercooler for F series is the VRSF RACE intercooler
Based on? Our cooler has all the same features but a a lower cost.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 11:07 AM   #68
///393
Captain
Rep
Drives: X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
Almost sorta kinda wish I had gone this route instead of CSF…

What’s the weight delta between the two?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 12:26 PM   #69
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson kop View Post
Almost sorta kinda wish I had gone this route instead of CSF…

What’s the weight delta between the two?
Not sure what csf weighs but ours in the 30lb region for the race.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 06:31 PM   #70
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
No need to get snippy. Your intercooler is a good value, but it was already proven with previous logs in another thread, it’s not on the same level as the VRSF race.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 06:44 PM   #71
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
No need to get snippy. Your intercooler is a good value, but it was already proven with previous logs in another thread, it’s not on the same level as the VRSF race.
I don't mean to sound snippy I just don't see how you can make such comment based on a single log comparing it to a completely different vehicle, intake, elevation, tune, boost, mods etc.. I wish it were that easy but, there are just way to many variables. Comparing intercoolers like that is like comparing different Dyno's without any baselines its fun but its not very accurate or informative.

Hopefully we can agree a comment like it's the BEST without a single data point just cant be taken serious.

Last edited by Info@mad-us.com; 04-16-2022 at 06:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 02:12 PM   #72
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

It’s best from the perspective that it’s shown the least amount of IAT movement on any scenario in any log.

I have no leg in this race - the revised MAD Race intercooler is a good value and would likely work for most people, but nothing has shown it cool better than the VRSF race. That’s just a fact.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 02:40 PM   #73
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
It’s best from the perspective that it’s shown the least amount of IAT movement on any scenario in any log.

I have no leg in this race - the revised MAD Race intercooler is a good value and would likely work for most people, but nothing has shown it cool better than the VRSF race. That’s just a fact.
Yes, based on the multiple logs posted vs the single log we have currently I would agree at this time it does look that way even if its minimal. Either way we never claimed our intercooler cools better than any of the brands listed just pointing out that people keep brining up brands when in reality there are a number of top brands that perform on the same level.

Our only claim is that our intercooler is one of the top performing coolers on the market, for the lowest possible price. No matter what kind of power you are putting on the car the MAD race will keep temps in check.

Maybe time to let this thread COOL off ?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 08:07 AM   #74
motivman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Yes, based on the multiple logs posted vs the single log we have currently I would agree at this time it does look that way even if its minimal. Either way we never claimed our intercooler cools better than any of the brands listed just pointing out that people keep brining up brands when in reality there are a number of top brands that perform on the same level.

Our only claim is that our intercooler is one of the top performing coolers on the market, for the lowest possible price. No matter what kind of power you are putting on the car the MAD race will keep temps in check.

Maybe time to let this thread COOL off ?
Your intercooler is listed for $469.99
VRSF race is listed for $479.99

Yeah, I will get the VRSF race... nothing touches that intercooler in performance for the price, no disrespect.

OP asked for "best intercooler for hot climate..." VRSF race intercooler is "THE BEST" intercooler. CASE CLOSED.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 09:58 AM   #75
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:

Yeah, I will get the VRSF race... nothing touches that intercooler in performance for the price, no disrespect.

OP asked for "best intercooler for hot climate..." VRSF race intercooler is "THE BEST" intercooler. CASE CLOSED.
You can get any intercooler you want; it's your car. But your statement is wrong, no disrespect.
Anyone who claims that one intercooler is the BEST in every scenario cant be taken seriously.
Power, climate, and conditions play a significant factor in which intercooler is the best for you.

If you track your car regularly, getting the heaviest intercooler is not the greatest idea. A tube and fin intercooler that can still keep temps in check, like Wagner EVO III, would perform best, in my opinion.

All big intercoolers with a high-density core like VRSF, MAD, BMS, Evolution Racewerks and Wagner EVO III will perform the same on a streetcar running high boost. They will keep temps in check and avoid ignition timing drops.

As far as I know, all the data being used are from different cars, under different conditions making the comparison useless. But even if taken seriously, none of the data show one intercooler performing better than the other (in the top-performing intercoolers). Running a few degrees cooler does not equal better performance (boost and ignition are the same, so performance is the same).

Forget the brands and marketing; when looking at data logs, check the timing; if you see timing drops in one due to heat and no timing drops in the other, you can claim one intercooler is better for this given car. Other than that, if the car is maintaining target ignition timing and target boost throughout the RPM range, performance is the same.

I have seen hundreds of datalogs, I have never seen any of the top-performing intercoolers being overwhelmed causing the DME to cut power to keep temps in check.

Phone number 702-494-9435

Last edited by mike@x-ph.com; 04-28-2022 at 10:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 11:24 AM   #76
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Quote:

No disrespect taken but, like I stated in my other post last time you commented "ITS THE BEST" there is not one independent scientific test showing back to back logs on the same vehicle on the same day using different intercooler brands. This is the only true way to test something like this. I get it you own the intercooler and you believe its the best and that totally fine but its not Fact.

Again im not here pushing for which brand intercooler is the best because if you want my personal opinion, I believe they are all so close in terms of dimensions ,build quality and design that they should be seen as fairly equal options.

My 2 cents: Choose which ever brand you prefer and im 100% sure you will be satisfied with your purchase as they all work exceptionally well over the stock cooler.

Last edited by Info@mad-us.com; 04-28-2022 at 11:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 09:10 AM   #77
Fedorov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20

Garage List
I use the Swedish DO88 whos numbers are fairly impressive.
https://www.do88.se/sv/artiklar/bmw-...tercooler.html
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2022, 03:50 PM   #78
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Not sure what csf weighs but ours in the 30lb region for the race.
So about 2-3lbs. I would get the MAD over the CSF a well, but the MAD does (like ALL race cores) requires the removal of the chassis brace to fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov View Post
I use the Swedish DO88 whos numbers are fairly impressive.
https://www.do88.se/sv/artiklar/bmw-...tercooler.html
Unless something changed with it recently, its not in the same league as these other intercoolers.