Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFaist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
I had not thought of that but reading the thread again plan to use it that way also. Tired of pickups and SUV drivers thinking they are nascar drivers drafting you.

Some years ago had a pickup about 10 feet behind my 535 at 75 mph on interstate with cement barriers on each side. Tapped the brakes briefly and he locked his brakes on the big ass truck. He lost it and ended up doing a 720 spin tagging each corner of his truck twice against the cement barriers. Suspect he does not tailgate anymore. I'm sure he had some 'splainin to do to his wife
Most people seem to operate in nothing is my fault mode so his explaining was probably something like "This madman slammed on his brakes in front of me FOR NO REASON! what a maniac!"
Unfortunately that is probably the case. But he had a pretty scraped up truck to remind him of his silliness. I should have just quickly moved aside but man it gets old with big vehicles tailgating.
Were you in the left lane? Cars would come behind you in the left lane not at 75mph but at 175mph in Europe, left lane is is strictly for flying and passing lol , i dont think break checking him was the right thing to do
Cops in the US have them all scared to go 5mph over the speed limit, for fear they'll be pulled from their car at gunpoint, lol. So ...not much reason to clear the left lane there. In Canada, there are so many ppl that drive only the limit or lower in the left lane...it's maddening. We even have signs in some areas that say "slower traffic keep right"...guess there's too many that can't read English or are too busy checking their phone. Rant over.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 10:26 AM   #24
amancuso
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330it, 428ix, 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87_LCI View Post
Cops in the US have them all scared to go 5mph over the speed limit, for fear they'll be pulled from their car at gunpoint, lol. So ...not much reason to clear the left lane there. In Canada, there are so many ppl that drive only the limit or lower in the left lane...it's maddening. We even have signs in some areas that say "slower traffic keep right"...guess there's too many that can't read English or are too busy checking their phone. Rant over.
This is news to me.
      07-08-2018, 07:28 PM   #25
LFaist
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I had not thought of that but reading the thread again plan to use it that way also. Tired of pickups and SUV drivers thinking they are nascar drivers drafting you.

Some years ago had a pickup about 10 feet behind my 535 at 75 mph on interstate with cement barriers on each side. Tapped the brakes briefly and he locked his brakes on the big ass truck. He lost it and ended up doing a 720 spin tagging each corner of his truck twice against the cement barriers. Suspect he does not tailgate anymore. I'm sure he had some 'splainin to do to his wife
Most people seem to operate in nothing is my fault mode so his explaining was probably something like "This madman slammed on his brakes in front of me FOR NO REASON! what a maniac!"
Unfortunately that is probably the case. But he had a pretty scraped up truck to remind him of his silliness. I should have just quickly moved aside but man it gets old with big vehicles tailgating.
Were you in the left lane? Cars would come behind you in the left lane not at 75mph but at 175mph in Europe, left lane is is strictly for flying and passing lol , i dont think break checking him was the right thing to do
Was in Pittsburgh in US in passing lane with 60 mph speed limit. Was passing a line of cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #26
MZWIE
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Do you usually use this to fuck with tailgaters?
It's the only time I use it. Love to see how their faces in the rear view mirror when I turn them on
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #27
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2 DCT

I guess I'm in the minority. I use mine in heavy rain or fog.

You DO have to have your headlights on for them to work, unless you have your headlights in auto. Then hitting just the fog button will turn on your lights AND your rear fogs.
Appreciate 0