BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > So who has had their baby M damaged?

05-07-2018, 03:56 PM   #45
xesh
Rep
Drives: M2 (LBB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_M2F87 View Post
Just chipped my left forward rim during entry of a parking garage. This sucks. Any suggestions guys ?

Just Relax if it's not very bad. I did this on the inaugural day of my car and contacted several tire & wheel shops for a repair estimate. The car is 1.5 years now and investing $200+ on this does not sound very sane to me. I would rather just upgrade the wheels at some point in time.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #46
PAC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

I will say this, the paint is definitely thin as people have said. I slightly hit a parking divider (bottom underside of the front valance in the middle). You cant see it unless you get on the floor and under the front end but yeah... I noticed once tiny little rock chip on the front end like the size of a pin head as well.

If this keeps up or gets worse I can see an Imola Red wrap or Imola Red respray down the line.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #47
Fedorov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief1richard View Post
Parked my car on top floor of parking garage at a local shopping center and was the only one on that level. When I returned a few hours later, that level was 80% empty, but some azzwol parked their shite box within 1 foot of my car. There was a large door ding in the reinforced section of the door which must have taken a lot of force to do. This was definitely done on purpose. Some people have a problem if someone owns a nice vehicle.
This one made me boil extra much inside. What a useless excuse for a human being who did this.

Was thinking of adding some windshield sticker to my car saying "protected by Hells Angels" or something. That could scare off chicken shit punks like that. On the other hand maybe some rivaling biker gang would put some bullet holes in the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 02:21 AM   #48
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_M2F87 View Post
Just chipped my left forward rim during entry of a parking garage. This sucks. Any suggestions guys ?
Did exactly the same thing today Luckily I live near a repair shop so I will probably get them to touch it up.
Appreciate 0