BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > CS insurance distinction?

02-06-2021, 07:22 PM   #45
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got f1? View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
I am paying about 780/year for the CS with MetLife. It is one of 6 vehicles on the policy, and I also insure my home with them.
Added mine to the policy with Prog but had to call in. Assume she manually entered it. 6 Month premium went DOWN $6. Clearly they didn't have it.
Just work directly with Flo. She'll hook you up!
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 09:10 PM   #46
JoeMatt
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
CS doesn’t show up at Geico, but neither does a comp.
M4 has M4 and M4 CS, but M2 just has M2. I dunno.

I did it over the phone though and the woman was very nice. She had to manually enter the info but it took the VIN OK.

I got the full required financing coverage, plus upped the medial and property liability from 25,000/25,000 to 250,000/500,000 for piece of mind (medical bills are no joke).

That only raised the quote from around $950 to $1100 a year.

This is on top of my 135i, which recently had a $4500 claim where I wasn’t the driver but my car was at fault (my now former friend side swiped a parked car and drove off cause he’s a moron).

It’s only slightly more than the 135i was with less liability coverage, I was pleasantly surprised.

I am 36 with 0 points though, and that was the first and only claim I’ve made on any insurance ever. Also non-commuter car, sub 6k miles annually.

I made add a rider for the PPF after I get that done depending on the cost. It’s probably worth it too though I’m assuming.
      02-07-2021, 05:57 AM   #47
maxxfish
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I see a couple people mentioning that their large, standard insurance company also has an affiliated sister company that covers specialty cars. I think I recall a few years ago that I was able to insure a classic car through GEICO with American Collectors. It was definitely less expensive to do that because of a multi-car discount.

Has anyone with GEICO talked to them about a special policy for the CS, whether through GEICO themselves or one of their affiliates? I'm happy to call them about this if not
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 06:09 PM   #48
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

Where did everybody land on this? I have State Farm and have a multi car and policy discount. I called my agent and gave them the vin told them it was a CS and when I got the insurance ID it says comp.

It’s nice to have it be 23/month cheaper than my m3 but this doesn’t feel right. I messaged them back and have heard crickets.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 06:15 PM   #49
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 ZCP MPE `17

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
Where did everybody land on this? I have State Farm and have a multi car and policy discount. I called my agent and gave them the vin told them it was a CS and when I got the insurance ID it says comp.

It’s nice to have it be 23/month cheaper than my m3 but this doesn’t feel right. I messaged them back and have heard crickets.
Also StateFarm, their system has the CS.
Check page 2 of your policy, should state CS. The first page just says generic M2 something.
Also spoke with one of their underwriters, they can't do stated value, but they can do a monthly pause if you're not going to be driving in snow (premium was almost 0 for the months you keep it on pause)
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 07:36 PM   #50
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f80_MG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post

Also StateFarm, their system has the CS.
Check page 2 of your policy, should state CS. The first page just says generic M2 something.
Also spoke with one of their underwriters, they can't do stated value, but they can do a monthly pause if you're not going to be driving in snow (premium was almost 0 for the months you keep it on pause)
Esurance recognized my VIN as an M2 CS. As a 3rd car it only raised my premium by about $450 for 6 months.

Esurance is a subsidiary of Allstate.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 03:37 AM   #51
DoraMilan
Registered
Rep
Drives: m5

As expensive as bicycles have become these days, so have bicycle accessories. When we decide to get bicycle insurance, we also think about the equipment. If the insurance is handled by people who know all the risks of riding a bicycle in all conditions, that's a big plus for the company. We need to make sure the cyclist is also insured. As the saying goes, "saving the drowning is a matter of the drowning. You accidentally hit a pedestrian or hit a car - you can insure against that, too. After ensuring your insurance has the right coverage, get on your bike.

Last edited by DoraMilan; 01-17-2022 at 07:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 07:46 PM   #52
Peterometer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Interesting American Family says its a CS. I got a quote from Hagerty who I use on other vehicles but their price was not much less and the hassle of filing made me just stick with Amfam for now.

Getting a new windshield was a bit of a shit show though. American Family was beyond useless. The dealer fell through and the local shops ranged from telling me it was an M240 to M2 Competition and not understanding that yes technically it has the lane departure camera housing but that is not used and on and on.
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2022, 08:21 PM   #53
windnsea00
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

I use Mercury insurance for the CS and 3 other cars, they recognize it as a CS on the bill.
      01-13-2022, 02:08 PM   #54
6CylindersEveryDay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CS, VW Golf R

State Farm still says BMW M2 for me, and they have asked me to verify my VIN two times about six months apart as if their system is having a hard time with my VIN. I keep telling them it's an M2 CS not an M2, and I have documentation of that.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 02:49 PM   #55
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
I'm in insurance (not auto) and I should really dig into the policy language more closely, especially with this car.

I've been complacent, since the only total loss I had was my wife getting hit in her 6 month old 330i ZHP 15 years ago, it was totaled and progressive gave us full MSRP for the payout.

Total losses are rare, but I want to make sure I don't get short changed.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 03:46 PM   #56
IndyMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 VO 1 M/22 G42 Thundernight

USAA shows my vehicle as an M1. Good Lord forbid it should ever be stolen or get totaled, but if so I hope they give me close to a recent BaT M1 price of $561,000 for it.

If they do I will get 3 1 M's and 3 M2CS's. Can't play favorites with your cars, right?

"Before You, Lord, We Bow" - Francis Scott Key
Appreciate 3
      01-13-2022, 08:11 PM   #57
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

The CS should maintain its value, relative to the original MSRP, within the next 3 years or so - especially if the next M2 looks polarizing..

It doesn't matter how they state the name of the car on the policy documents, when it's time to pay for a total loss, the adjuster has software that he runs your VIN and that determines every parts, options, accessory and matches that against the going price of the car, in the zip code you have on your policy.

From there, they might try to lowball to save his company a buck but as long as you can show them actual proof that you are aware of your vehicle's actual current retail price, then they'll be willing to backpedal and make a reasonable offer, than risk of getting sued.

Most commercial auto insurance companies only offer Agreed Value, coverage, where they pay you for what the car is worth, at the current market value, in the event of a total loss.

Stated Value is what you agree the car is worth, by contract, regardless any market price fluctuations but in my experience, only few insurance carriers out there offers this sort of broad coverage.
Appreciate 2
M3R12197.00
chris7197378.50
      01-18-2022, 07:15 AM   #58
mchart
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 M Coupe

No point in getting stated value on this car though since the current market value on average is generally over MSRP right now.
Appreciate 0