BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Stolen Debit Card

08-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #1
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

Stolen Debit Card

If someone used your debit card and bought something online and had it sent to their home without your authorization/stolen, would the bank or police even bother trying to track down the person? My friend just got her debit card charged and we are pretty sure the person had the item they bought sent to their home. I am sure they used her home address as billing address but shipping address as their own. Is it possible for the police to track them down if we only report it to the bank or do we need to take it a step further? It was 700 dollars worth of stuff. I dont think they would even try if we only report it to the bank right?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Maybe, maybe not. Depends not he bank and the circumstances. One of the main things they ask is whether or not you know who used the card to make unauthorized purchases. They'll ask for all the persons info if they do. So the bank or the retailer may go after them.
Appreciate 0