BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > You should take a moment today and tell the people in your life you love them

08-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

You should take a moment today and tell the people in your life you love them

A year ago today I lost my best friend, and I'd give anything to tell him just how much he's meant to me. [well now a year ago yesterday]

http://christopherrossreams.com/

Sometimes it's simple things we take for-granted.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.

Last edited by Augenbrauezug; 08-14-2011 at 12:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 04:21 AM   #2
Notion-Za
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 ZCP

+1

Lost my dad 16 days ago and would do anything to have him back. Funny how life can change in a few seconds. Luckily I had the chance to say goodbye, tell him how much I loved him, be with him in his final moments and thank him for giving me the most amazing opportunities.

RIP
      08-15-2011, 04:37 AM   #3
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notion-Za View Post
+1

Lost my dad 16 days ago and would do anything to have him back. Funny how life can change in a few seconds. Luckily I had the chance to say goodbye, tell him how much I loved him, be with him in his final moments and thank him for giving me the most amazing opportunities.

RIP
Sorry for your loss.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
+1

RIP
my condolences... my father is my world, I dont know how I will deal with the death of any of my parents.... I would like to hope that im strong enough to not let it hamper me.... I cant imagine life without them. I cant comprehend the pain you feel, but the thought of it brings tears to my eyes. Im so sorry for your loss, but im sure he died proud of his son. All you can do now is honor his name, and his wishes.

And OP, Im so sorry. I tell my best friend I love him all the time, no matter how homo it sounds. "Davin" is the only person in this world who perfectly understands me, and has been my best friend since the 4th grade. He's my primary support system outside of the wife (because bitches are unstable sources of support and should be bypassed regularly). Dealing with death is one thing im not good with.

Never be afraid to tell someone you love them, you just never know.
      08-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
Naptime
#Hashtag
Rep
Drives: around in circles

Great song
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #6
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Fuck I love seein this side of e90 post. Some good guys in here. I'm in the same boat with Kiemyster, I'm blessed to still have my parents. And I as well can't imagine what it would be like to loose one. Sorry for your guys losses, and I agree always show love to the ones you love! You never know if you'll ever get a second chance to truly show them how you feel.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i

Just a week over the date my bro died miss him everyday! Never take these things for granted.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #8
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

I just buried a friend of mine ten days ago August 5th. I still havent accepted it. I go to her facebook page everyday and let her know how much I miss her (as do her other friends). Id give so much to have her back and give her one last hug. Her life was robbed and taken from her. You never know when your times up. You can be gone in a blink of an eye like she was. At a Britney Spears concert, living it up and dancing with us girls one night. Gone the next.

Last edited by Sara; 08-15-2011 at 04:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #9
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Don't have any regrets
      08-15-2011, 10:36 PM   #10
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
+1

RIP
I am sorry, you will find that with time, he is with you even more than when he was here physically.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #11
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Thanks for making this thread OP; good to let people know you care, and that you're on their mind - whether it be in person, over the phone, or even via text/email/facebook..

It only takes a few moments to let them know you care and love them, and they will have a better day because you let them know you care. Should something unfortunate happen, you want them to know they are special to you.

On June 28th my Uncle had just reported his route complete and was almost back to work to end his day, a big rig driver carrying a gravel trailer lost control in the rain, the trailer spun around and hit my Uncle's cab full force head on, instantly killing him.

The driver of the big rig is 73 years old, allegedly had bald tires, and escaped with a few scratches. My 11 year old niece now has no parents, her mother abandoned her when she was a few months old.

You never know what's going to happen, take the time to let people know how you feel, forgive and forget.