Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I certainly am, it's one of my favorite mods, bar none!
Mr. Poochie, what it the proper coding setting in BimmerCode?

Here you go:

*FEM_BODY* *Expert Mode* *3073*

In [COLOR="DarkRed"]C_HBA_GRHB_ENA[/COLOR] I didn't have the make these changes. The default seems to be having the two lines that contain "F020Codierwert" and "F030Codierwert" checked. So if you vehicle matches this, then no changes here are necessary for activation of this specific feature.

In [COLOR="DarkRed"]C_HBA_ENA[/COLOR] Unchecked the line that contain "disable" and checked the the line that contain "F020_enable (0x01)" .

In [COLOR="DarkRed"]C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA[/COLOR] Unchecked the two lines containing "disable", and checked the line containing "F030_enable".

Code before leaving Expert Mode. Done. Worked for me on Adaptive Xenon and confirmed from other sources that it also works for LEDs also, specially on the F22/87(C).

Attached Images

Appreciate 3
///AVM2528.00
JCZ51482.50
      10-18-2020, 04:47 PM   #1916
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Poochie - I've always loved the BMW lights ever since the 2001 e46 Xenons I had (which did self level, but not swivel) and I always thought that BMWs put a lot of effort into the headlights. These LEDs, while bright, have basically been dumbed down for us and frankly are no better than my previous gen Xenons. I was expecting more.

I understand they can be coded, but a while ago someone on this board posted that they coded and the results were not good, or perhaps the full functionality wasnt available. Good to hear that yours are working well.

Side note, I've always been in awe over the E46 M3, ever since AJ drove one in the last episode of "The Sopranos," I just was never able to afford it but I l've also I've closely followed its progress.

As far as self-leveling beams goes, that was a legal requirement in Europe, for any vehicle equipped with Xenons headlights but was just transferred to US-spec vehicles, since there was nothing restricting that specifically and they enhance safety.

BMW knows how to prefect lightening, they were the first automotive company to pioneer Xenons headlights in 1991, on their 7 Series.

However, as I mention, we (North American market) have some obsolete lightening rules here, where when it was written, they never envisioned a world where headlights would be controlled by cameras and sensors. Thus, were never revised to match the modern lighting technology, so they are neutered when they arrived here.

However, specifically on the F22/F87, I can confirm with certainty that the underlining headlight hardware are the same as the ROW, so the advance operation can be coded back in. I can't speak for other BMW models.

Here is a take on why advance lighting is restricted:

That's great to know. I know on my Audi Q7 you cannot code it and get full functionality (only some). Do you get flashed by oncoming drivers at all, or at least any more than normal?

I think I'd get into coding just for this feature alone. I wonder if there are folks who have the hardware and the know how to code features into cars for folks like me. I know it's not hard but I have no patience. LOL.

Thanks.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9103.00
      10-18-2020, 06:26 PM   #1917
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

cleaned and waxed her for the 1st time and man it's a freaking pain to clean the inner barrel of the wheels, there are so many spokes and very difficult to reach inside to clean them well, i use wheel woolies and they were not effective as well , please suggest some ideas here
Attached Images

Last edited by boss2k; 10-18-2020 at 11:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 06:38 PM   #1918
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
. . . please suggest some ideas here
Boss

Nice clean up! Beast looking good.

Regarding wheels, you are not going to like what I have to say, but here it goes. . . do not worry about inner barrel. If you drive the car, you CANNOT keep the wheels clean any longer than it takes to get out of your subdivision.

So, if you want a few moments of pleasure a clean appearance can provide, just focus on what you can easily reach and see (e.g., spokes and outer barrel).

Get used to the matted wheel look provided by rust (rotor) and brake (pad) dust. . . . embrace it because you really have not other choice.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
boss2k1064.50
      10-18-2020, 06:56 PM   #1919
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Boss

Regarding wheels, you are not going to like what I have to say, but here it goes. . . do not worry about inner barrel. If you drive the car, you CANNOT keep the wheels clean any longer than it takes to get out of your subdivision.

So, if you want a few moments of pleasure a clean appearance can provide, just focus on what you can easily reach and see (e.g., spokes and outer barrel).

Get used to the matted wheel look provided by rust (rotor) and brake (pad) dust. . . . embrace it because you really have not other choice.

///AVM
Thanks , i know they will become dirty in mins but normally i clean inner barrel as well and never faced some daunting task cleaning them, the wheels look awesome and aggressive to commensurate the car but what a freaking pain to clean them

P.S why does my pics look awfull in this forum they look great in my phone and computer , are they too high resolution?
      10-18-2020, 06:58 PM   #1920
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT Build Week 33

Quote:
Quote:
Boss

///AVM
Thanks , i know they will become dirty in mins but normally i clean inner barrel as well and never faced some daunting task cleaning them, the wheels look awesome and aggressive to commensurate the car but what a freaking pain to clean them

P.S why does my pics look awfull in this forum they look great in my phone and computer , are they too high resolution?
I upload pics via computer because they always look like trash via mobile app.
boss2k1064.50
      10-18-2020, 07:52 PM   #1921
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

@Poochie this is exactly what I needed! Step by step and holding my hands lol. I should have done it today, but completely forgot. So might as well do it tomorrow.
      10-18-2020, 07:55 PM   #1922
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
@Poochie this is exactly what I needed! Step by step and holding my hands lol. I should have done it today, but completely forgot. So might as well do it tomorrow.
JC

Thought for sure you were posting to let us know how awesome the Bimmercode changes provided by Poochie worked for you. . . giddy-up brother!!!

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 07:57 PM   #1923
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
JC

Thought for sure you were posting to let us know how awesome the Bimmercode changes provided by Poochie worked for you. . . giddy-up brother!!!

///AVM
When I first read Poochie post, I was like this is way too complicated. But then looking at it just now, I realized he added screenshots and then I reread and it seems pretty simple enough!
      10-18-2020, 08:12 PM   #1924
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
JC

///AVM
When I first read Poochie post, I was like this is way too complicated. But then looking at it just now, I realized he added screenshots and then I reread and it seems pretty simple enough!
It's not that difficult and Bimmercode makes a backup, incase of any issues..

I suggest you skim through this thread for more detail information on the subject.

Hope it works out 👍🏻

Edit: just Ignore all the naysayers, I'm a million times positive that it can be coded. I can't argue with own four eyes..

LED Adaptive Headlights w/ Variable Light Distribution (VLD) - High Beam Assist (HBA) https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1459620
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      10-18-2020, 08:26 PM   #1925
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by j23 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Poochie

Brother JCZ5 and I have been bickering like two school girls about the adaptive function of the adaptive headlights.

My perspective is the adaptive function is limited left and full to the right. . . brother JC feels the adaptive function is full to both the left and right.

Any thoughts on the matter?

///AVM
My ears are ringing.. I wanted to respond earlier but I was at a wake for a dog and I didn't want to be disrespectful. Yes, you heard me correctly.. I have weird friends..

Anyways, I guess you guys are fairly new to BMW and Minis, as their Adaptive headlights have been swerving left to right for years. A typical adaptive headlight can turn the lights up to 15 degrees from center, giving them a 30-degree range of movement.

The lights turn their beams around each bend in the road, giving you a better view of what's ahead based on their steering wheel trajectory and vehicle speed. When going around curves, they illuminate the side of the road more than the road itself.

The Adaptive can also react to change in elevation, since it has a self-leveling system. Self-leveling headlights have an additional level sensor that determines if the car is tilted forward or back. For example, if a car is driving over a large bump, when the front of the car hits the bump, it lifts up. Standard headlights would briefly point up into the sky until the rear of the car moved over the bump and the car returned to a level position.

However, you ain't see nothing yet! (Pun intended). The Adaptive lighting in North American are watered-down in comparison to its true potential.

The head-lighting system in Europe and the ROW are way more liberated in where the light beam can be projected, so they have a feature called VLD; Variable Light Distribution and Anti-Dazzle High Beam, whereas, both high and low beam stay steady burning but the vehicle uses the front camera to pivot the beam away from oncoming vehicles, to prevent glaring other drivers, no matter the position of the car.

It's a really cool feature but it's unfortunately decoded in the US because our archaic lighting laws, written in 1968 and never revised, doesn't allow the high and low beam to operate on a continuum, without manual intervention.

I have these features recoded to my vehicle and even living in a well-lit city, it still shows it's potential but I get much better use on those winding country road trips.

As expected, my obligatory supporting links:

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/s...ld-headlights/

LED Adaptive Headlights w/ Variable Light Distribution (VLD) - High Beam Assist (HBA) https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1459620

How exactly can I code this using Bimmercode on my US spec 2021?

I have the full version if that matters.
If you scroll further down, Poochie wrote the directions as well as screenshots.
      10-18-2020, 08:26 PM   #1926
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here you go:

In [COLOR="DarkRed"]C_HBA_GRHB_ENA[/COLOR] I didn't have the make these changes. The default seems to be having the two lines that contain "F020Codierwert" and "F030Codierwert" checked.

In [COLOR="DarkRed"]C_HBA_ENA[/COLOR] Unchecked the line that contain "disable" and checked the the line that contain "F020_enable (0x01)" .

In [COLOR="DarkRed"]C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA[/COLOR] Unchecked the two lines containing "disable", and checked the line containing "F030_enable".

Code before leaving Expert Mode. Done. Worked for me on Adaptive Xenon and confirmed from other sources that it also works for LEDs also, specially on the F22/87(C).

How do I enter expert mode in BimmerCode?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 08:29 PM   #1927
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here you go:

In [COLOR="DarkRed"]C_HBA_GRHB_ENA[/COLOR] I didn't have the make these changes. The default seems to be having the two lines that contain "F020Codierwert" and "F030Codierwert" checked.

Go to "Front Electronics Module" and "Expert Mode" will be on the bottom left
      10-18-2020, 08:31 PM   #1928
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here you go:

Thanks bro. I'm going to do this.

I truly hope that it doesn't cause the car to go up in flames or cause me to blind oncoming traffic.

Is it something that cops could ever argue or prove isn't DOT compliant?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 08:34 PM   #1929
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here you go:

I truly hope that it doesn't cause the car to go up in flames or cause me to blind oncoming traffic.

I don't know how the cops would determine if you coded something. If you do "blind" oncoming traffic, it will just be like if someone left their high beams on. And let's be honest, that happens all the time...based on Poochie's video links. You can see the difference right away.

Also, as Poochie stated, you're not writing new code. The code is already present and you're simply turning it on/off.

Let us know how it goes, I plan to do mine tomorrow.
///AVM2528.00
      10-18-2020, 08:48 PM   #1930
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I love this car more every day.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      10-18-2020, 09:01 PM   #1931
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here you go:

I don't know how the cops would determine if you coded something. If you do "blind" oncoming traffic, it will just be like if someone left their high beams on. And let's be honest, that happens all the time...based on Poochie's video links. You can see the difference right away.

Also, as Poochie stated, you're not writing new code. The code is already present and you're simply turning it on/off.

Let us know how it goes, I plan to do mine tomorrow.
You read my mind 🙌

When you see it in action, you'll know it's not really glaring anyone; the camera determines when there is car ahead and move the beam pattern out of the way of an upcoming driver. It's very evident where the beam is pointed.

The reason it's restricted in North America is not because it's ineffective but more so that the government regulatory bodies responsible for automotive lighting (NHTSA) did not compensate for modern headlight operation and is unwilling to spend the resources to revise them; so their motto is if it ain't broken, then why try to fix it.

Kind of like most of the US Constitution and Electoral College but that's a whole other subject.

However, all that is changing now that NHTSA is getting a push from manufactures:

https://www.natlawreview.com/article...ight-standards

https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.do...ightingadb.pdf
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
j23654.50
///AVM2528.00
JCZ51482.50
      10-19-2020, 06:04 AM   #1932
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
cleaned and waxed her for the 1st time and man it's a freaking pain to clean the inner barrel of the wheels, there are so many spokes and very difficult to reach inside to clean them well, i use wheel woolies and they were not effective as well , please suggest some ideas here
These are magic.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...ve/373410.html

Combine with a double recommended dose of Meguiars NXT Car Wash which puts a coating on the wheels and repels dirt and life becomes easier.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 09:38 AM   #1933
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
These are magic.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...ve/373410.html

Combine with a double recommended dose of Meguiars NXT Car Wash which puts a coating on the wheels and repels dirt and life becomes easier.
How do you use it for cleaning the inner barrel , this fine for outer barrel and the spokes
      10-19-2020, 12:43 PM   #1934
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJD851 View Post
The Volans Leader just left Bremerhaven - let's hope our vehicles are on it
My car flipped from "At the port" to "In transit" today. Since the NYK ship (Volans Leader) left 4 days ago and the W&W ship doesn't leave till tomorrow, I'm inclined to believe my car is on the Volans Leader which arrives in SoCal on November 12th.
Appreciate 1
RJD851128.00
      10-19-2020, 01:08 PM   #1935
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJD851 View Post
The Volans Leader just left Bremerhaven - let's hope our vehicles are on it
My car flipped from "At the port" to "In transit" today. Since the NYK ship (Volans Leader) left 4 days ago and the W&W ship doesn't leave till tomorrow, I'm inclined to believe my car is on the Volans Leader which arrives in SoCal on November 12th.
I was hoping mine was on that ship as it's next port is Brunswick and I am doing PCD...but it didn't flip today, at least not yet. Argh!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 01:42 PM   #1936
RJD851
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, E46 M3, X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
I just called BMW and found out my car is indeed on the Volan's Leader. Left on 10/16 with estimated 27 day transit.
Appreciate 0