Yesterday, 11:26 PM   #2003
F82PRETEND
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Freya - 2018 MGM M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard in NC View Post
I can't say I've driven the M2C at excessive highway speeds but I have seen triple digits on track several times and places. I've not noticed any unstable feeling. The combination of short wheelbase, and low profile tires does make it hyper sensitive to road conditions, more so than older BMWs, in particular 5 series that I've had. I've also heard the EPS may react oddly to quick inputs and does feel different than hydraulic power steering.
I had an F22 230i before the F82 and while it may not have been "as stable" at top speed, it wasn't terribly different, and certainly not unstable. It got quite a bit of exercise at top speed during ED and it was never an issue. Would guess that wouldn't be quite the same here in the US, given our roads are nowhere near the Autobahn.
Appreciate 1
///AVM1407.50

Yesterday, 11:32 PM   #2004
j23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by j23 View Post
I suck at describing these things.

Car feels a little floaty during high speeds. Could be the wheelbase. Or perhaps the electric steering that I'm not fully used to yet. When I would point the e46 M3, it would go there. It's almost like the steering on the M2C is trying to catch up with my inputs. Again, maybe I'm just not fully used to how this car drives. It's nothing like the e46 M3 - that's for sure. Feels twice as fast too.

But what do I know. This car is spectacular nonetheless.
What you're describing sounds like the dead center of the electronic steering. It's super annoying for serious driving/getting used to. However, on the crap highways we have in the US, I actually don't mind it for just cruising. My old BMWs made me constantly obsess about the car being out of alignment...never really was...they just followed tiny changes in the road so precisely.
It could very well be a combination of this and everything else mentioned. Thanks.

I'm not saying it feels "wrong", just very different to what I'm used to. Now that you mention dead center of the electronic steering, it's making more sense to me. That's what it is most likely.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:42 PM   #2005
j23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by j23 View Post
I suck at describing these things.

Car feels a little floaty during high speeds. Could be the wheelbase. Or perhaps the electric steering that I'm not fully used to yet. When I would point the e46 M3, it would go there. It's almost like the steering on the M2C is trying to catch up with my inputs. Again, maybe I'm just not fully used to how this car drives. It's nothing like the e46 M3 - that's for sure. Feels twice as fast too.

But what do I know. This car is spectacular nonetheless.
I have gone upto 85 at times , never felt anything you mention . Whats your tire pressure? Car feels actually solid and i like the steering feel, am in sports all the time.
Tire pressure is always spot on at around 32/33 psi cold, according to the monitoring system. I know BMW recommends 35 for road use, but TPMS always reads some 2psi lower than physical gauge. My tires are still relatively new and I think the pressure is good.
Appreciate 0