BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Some questions while I wait.

10-21-2020, 10:11 PM   #1
StocktonBomb
Rep
Drives: 2016 GTR (FBO + E85)

Question Some questions while I wait.

Hello Everyone.

Ordered a 2021 M2C from a local dealership and currently awaiting delivery. Still have a few weeks to go. I've owned various cars before this (STI, EVO 9, GTR), but this will be my first BMW, and first euro car ever. Exciting to learn yet another platform and just have a nice fun daily. I'm pretty much just going to do cosmetics, suspension, wheels, and warranty friendly mods with this car.

Wondering what your favorite sites/vendors are for ordering BMW aftermarket parts?

Additionally, I'm looking for catback exhaust suggestions, as it'll likely be one of my first mods. The giant muffler on the M2C is hideous, but I would like to keep the electronic valve control if possible and also cut some weight. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2020, 11:32 PM   #2
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonBomb View Post
Hello Everyone.

Ordered a 2021 M2C from a local dealership and currently awaiting delivery. Still have a few weeks to go. I've owned various cars before this (STI, EVO 9, GTR), but this will be my first BMW, and first euro car ever. Exciting to learn yet another platform and just have a nice fun daily. I'm pretty much just going to do cosmetics, suspension, wheels, and warranty friendly mods with this car.

Wondering what your favorite sites/vendors are for ordering BMW aftermarket parts?

Additionally, I'm looking for catback exhaust suggestions, as it'll likely be one of my first mods. The giant muffler on the M2C is hideous, but I would like to keep the electronic valve control if possible and also cut some weight. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
I just bought one as well and its my first M car.

Suggestion: why don't you live with the stock exhaust for a bit. I was pleasantly surprised that it sounds fairly decent. Otherwise, tons of threads on exhaust options and discussion on equal length pipes, etc. I will say nothing changed the quality of sound and performance significantly unless paired with other expensive performance and tuning mods from what I'm gathering online.

In the meantime you can just paint the utter black. A local buddy of mine did that recently on AW color and the uttter dissapears. you don't even notice it. Plus the 1200 to 3000 mike break in period is plenty of time to think it through based on real world personal driving experience in your new M2C.

Have you identified your use case for the car - DD, weekend canyon car, track toy, etc,? Asthetic mods are personal choice as I did a few already. That's just makes it your own to some extent. Tons of vendors like IND, Turner Motorsports, Kies Motorsports, Burger Motorsports, etc. with distribution on parts. Plus lots of qualified BMW tuners based on where you live.

Congrats on your order. You will enjoy it for sure even in stock form.
      10-22-2020, 12:03 AM   #3
StocktonBomb
Rep
Drives: 2016 GTR (FBO + E85)

Thanks for the reply and the advice. This will be strictly a daily, monday to Friday car, with occasional canyon use so it'll be staying stock in terms of power for awhile. I've said that so many times lol, eventually I always catch the mod bug.

I'll give the stock exhaust a shot. I know it sounds decent, so I'm sure I won't hate it. The car as a whole is beautiful. Can't wait to make it my own.
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2020, 12:09 AM   #4
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

I work remotely from home but today was the first day I decided to go to my local office just so I could drive it more every day. I will say that the power is addictive. But my other cars are slow.
      10-22-2020, 07:17 AM   #5
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M

Congrats on the car! You will love it.

I am of the thought process to just drive it for a while and get a real feel for the car. I know I have bought various cars in the past and immediately started modding them just to turn around and replace the stuff because I wanted to either go a different direction or found better stuff.

I have to agree with GarageMadness and his advice on painting the utter.

There is a lot of information on here and friendly venders. Look around and you will probably find just about any topic you are looking for.

Current: 2021 X3M
Gone but not forgotten: 2020 M2C LBB MT
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2020, 07:44 AM   #6
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

I'm strongly considering the DINAN exhaust. They have a good sound clip and its definitely cheaper than the M Performance one.
https://youtu.be/XxIgolrFmhg
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2020, 08:18 AM   #7
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

There's a wealth of knowledge on the forums here answering everything you've asked. While you're waiting I recommend you sift through the threads
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2020, 03:33 PM   #8
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Just saw this the other day, with the European exhaust sounding different and having OPF filters it can sometimes be difficult to find sound clips of the stock USDM exhaust.

Video should start at 8:56

And one more (should start at 6:38)

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 04:43 PM   #9
smknjoe
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2018 GTI, 2007 Rabbi

For OEM parts these guys seem to have the best prices I've found:

https://www.getbmwparts.com/
Appreciate 0