BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > Lockdown impulse buy

07-15-2020, 04:17 AM   #1
jbtco
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Lockdown impulse buy

I have been driving an X3 for the last 2 years thinking that I was getting too old for proper M cars. As the X3 has been flagging up the need for an oil service I phoned dealer to discuss (I live in the Scottish Islands so complicated).

To cut a long story short ended up buying a new M2 Comp which was en route to the dealer. The trade in price for the X3 seems very good plus a large discount on new car. I will hopefully get the car nextweek. They also included a very good trade in deal for my X3 winter wheels / tyres against a set for the M2.

I see a thread On bypassing the ADS with a (fairly expensive)cable, on the M3 it was possible to just disconnect it if you had the HK audio is that not the case with the M2 Comp.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 05:35 AM   #2
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Congrats! The ASD can be coded out with something like Bimmercode. I have not seen anything about removing a wire/plug.
      07-22-2020, 01:49 AM   #3
widetyres
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtco View Post
I have been driving an X3 for the last 2 years thinking that I was getting too old for proper M cars. As the X3 has been flagging up the need for an oil service I phoned dealer to discuss (I live in the Scottish Islands so complicated).

To cut a long story short ended up buying a new M2 Comp which was en route to the dealer. The trade in price for the X3 seems very good plus a large discount on new car. I will hopefully get the car nextweek. They also included a very good trade in deal for my X3 winter wheels / tyres against a set for the M2.

I see a thread On bypassing the ADS with a (fairly expensive)cable, on the M3 it was possible to just disconnect it if you had the HK audio is that not the case with the M2 Comp.
Your on for a great time with the new car! Congrats on choice.

Asd can be coded out (bimmercode or esys) but I guess that you are buying a new car or one with at least a good chunk of warranty. Personally I would first get the car - you might like how Asd sounds (you never know). If you still want to turn it off, then the cable would be the best was given the warranty consideration - BMW are coming down quite hard on modded cars at the moment so coding is not worth the risk imo (it will leave coding traces that they can detect)
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 01:02 PM   #4
Racekaby
Rep
Drives: M2 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtco View Post

Total cost bought in from USA and inc del and import duty is about £100. Only takes 20 mins to plug in. Doesn’t effect the warranty and you cal always take 20 mins to take it out and sell on. Also if coded out then I believe that this could be reversed if the software is updated as part of a service etc?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 01:09 PM   #5
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
You're going to catch some flak for wanting to drive the M2 in the winter time. Just a heads up.

That being said, the M2 is an absolute blast in the winter. A nice snow setup on there and you'll be fine.
Appreciate 0