BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS Price for the US: $83,600 (plus $995 Destination)

06-01-2020, 07:05 AM   #1981
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
The M2 CS will not shake G80/82 buyers, it's in a class of its own and has a niche consumer base.
Be realistic bro...These days even 911 and Cayenne are competing one another for customer, given they sit on the lot with similar asking price.
      06-01-2020, 07:16 AM   #1982
PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

These days you see a lot of ppl buying cars they don't even need or that don't fit they needs at all just because they want to have the latest, impress or they just find the thing pretty.

My dad doesn't even test drive cars he buys, he just deals with how they drive afterwards. We are a minority in the car market.
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 07:56 AM   #1983
izzyM2
Major
Rep
Drives: 24’M2/21ID.4/21’MacanGTS

Hey guys! Check out my boost blue Type-R. You think it’s the same color as the M2CS Blue? If you watch my time waster video, you might see a bit of my M2C.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 03:59 PM   #1984
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Gang

So, I am not the official press officer for BMW, but the GM at my BMW dealership just received the following information. . . and I have an opportunity that might interest someone?

BMW will build 482 M2CS for the U.S.

Production will all occur between September and December of this year.

The way allocation works for limited edition releases with BMW . . . every dealership will get at least one allocation provided they have a chassis (build) request. So, if one dealership has a list with 10 interested purchasers, their ‘second on the list’ will not receive an allocation before a ‘first on the list’ at all other dealerships.

Since there are approximately 340 BMW dealerships in the U.S. – and assuming every dealership has interested purchasers – that means about 30% of the dealerships will go two-deep into the allocation.

So, if you are interested in an M2CS and not at the top of your dealerships waiting list, it will be hit-or-miss whether you get a chassis build. . . again, assuming every dealership has at least one interested purchaser.

Finally, regarding the opportunity I mentioned. . . the local BMW dealership where I purchased my M2C has had ZERO requests for an M2CS. The dealership GM has a policy where they NEVER ask above MRSP for any vehicle, limited edition or otherwise.

So, if anyone truly wants an M2CS and are concerned they are too far down the list at their local dealership to get an allocation (e.g., not first on the wait list), shoot me a PM and I will put you in contact with the GM at my local dealership.

Peace out

///AVM
Appreciate 3
Artemis28911.50
arciga181726.00
tranck499.00
      06-01-2020, 05:24 PM   #1985
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
The way allocation works for limited edition releases with BMW . . . every dealership will get at least one allocation provided they have a chassis (build) request. So, if one dealership has a list with 10 interested purchasers, their ‘second on the list’ will not receive an allocation before a ‘first on the list’ at all other dealerships.
Since there are approximately 340 BMW dealerships in the U.S. – and assuming every dealership has interested purchasers – that means about 30% of the dealerships will go two-deep into the allocation.
Ain't that gonna be a source of horsin' around between dealerships and internal deals ? Popular dealerships with waiting lists reaching out to remote colleagues who still got a top spot available (no demand), and working out a deal to satisfy someone down the waiting list ? Risk of splitting mark-ups and so on ?
      06-01-2020, 05:45 PM   #1986
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Ain't that gonna be a source of horsin' around between dealerships and internal deals ? Popular dealerships with waiting lists reaching out to remote colleagues who still got a top spot available (no demand), and working out a deal to satisfy someone down the waiting list ? Risk of splitting mark-ups and so on ?
Artemis

Honestly, I am not a businessman, nor do I know the intricacies of how things work between dealerships?

I also have no idea how much interest the M2CS is generating, or how many dealerships have vacant allocations?

All I know is what I was told . . . and wanted to pass along to fellow forum members interested in securing an M2CS allocation with no MRSP markup. . . and possibly even a few points off MRSP.

I think it is pretty obvious the M2CS draws zero appeal on my behalf, but I am happy to assist others, if I can, in securing their interest.

///AVM
Appreciate 2
tranck499.00
      06-01-2020, 06:19 PM   #1987
chrisfortier
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
Artemis
Honestly, I am not a businessman, nor do I know the intricacies of how things work between dealerships?
I also have no idea how much interest the M2CS is generating, or how many dealerships have vacant allocations?
All I know is what I was told . . . and wanted to pass along to fellow forum members interested in securing an M2CS allocation with no MRSP markup. . . and possibly even a few points off MRSP.
I think it is pretty obvious the M2CS draws zero appeal on my behalf, but I am happy to assist others, if I can, in securing their interest.
///AVM
Would expect them to trade allocations like any other model. Something like an X5M allocation in trade for the M2CS to satisfy both local demands.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 06:38 PM   #1988
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfortier View Post
Would expect them to trade allocations like any other model. Something like an X5M allocation in trade for the M2CS to satisfy both local demands.
Chris

I understand that premise for more abundantly available model releases. . . I am working under the premise that the M2CS is a 'limited edition' and potential owners are 'lined up' to purchase.

Under such premise, why would a dealership give up their one allocation and sale to trade for another model?

The problem with my thinking is I do not actually know the extent of consumer interest in the M2CS? Given my local dealership has no expressed interest, stands to reason it could be true at many other dealerships across the country?

Still, 482 U.S. builds is a relatively small number, so I am going to continue to assume the lack of interest in my local community represents an anomaly. . . until informed otherwise.

Once again, I have zero to gain, other than satisfaction that comes with possibly helping out another forum member who desires an M2CS.

///AVM
Appreciate 2
Poochie9099.00
      06-01-2020, 06:44 PM   #1989
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Chris

I understand that premise for more abundantly available model releases. . . I am working under the premise that the M2CS is a 'limited edition' and potential owners are 'lined up' to purchase.

Under such premise, why would a dealership give up their one allocation and sale to trade for another model?

The problem with my thinking is I do not actually know the extent of consumer interest in the M2CS? Given my local dealership has no expressed interest, stands to reason it could be true at many other dealerships across the country?
Agreed, if a dealer is doing some horse-trading for a CS, they're not going to get a thoroughbred for a mule, so to speak.

The original dealer is going to hold on to it as a tool to milk some trust-fund baby or mid-life crisis consumer.

And at 500 or so M2 CS amongst 320 million people, it will move quick. Just watch.
Appreciate 2
///AVM2528.00
///M TOWN13117.00
      06-01-2020, 07:06 PM   #1990
chrisfortier
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
Chris
Still, 482 U.S. builds is a relatively small number, so I am going to continue to assume the lack of interest in my local community represents an anomaly. . . until informed otherwise.
Once again, I have zero to gain, other than satisfaction that comes with possibly helping out another forum member who desires an M2CS.
///AVM
I see your point, but for the dealer, they aren't satisfying their demand - if someone else wants something they don't have they're going to reach out to the dealer to get rid of the M2CS allocation (I doubt you'll have people lining up at $83600+). Saying that, I can imagine trading two mundane allocations for the one M2CS as it is 'limited'.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 07:25 PM   #1991
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I see your point, but for the dealer, they aren't satisfying their demand - if someone else wants something they don't have they're going to reach out to the dealer to get rid of the M2CS allocation (I doubt you'll have people lining up at $83600+). Saying that, I can imagine trading two mundane allocations for the one M2CS as it is 'limited'.
Chris

I think we are in agreement on premise. . . difference being, you are working under impression allocations are readily available - and you could very well be correct - while my impression is they are not.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 08:46 PM   #1992
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Interesting conversation I had today... guy knew his BMW's, was familiar with the new generations of M3's... had never heard of the CS at all. I think we forget how nutty we are about these things and how little the general public is aware of these cars. Hell I work with a former sales executive from BMW US corporate and HE wasn't aware of it until I told him about it...
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 08:57 PM   #1993
PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
Interesting conversation I had today... guy knew his BMW's, was familiar with the new generations of M3's... had never heard of the CS at all. I think we forget how nutty we are about these things and how little the general public is aware of these cars. Hell I work with a former sales executive from BMW US corporate and HE wasn't aware of it until I told him about it...
Most ppl around me don't even know there is a comp version of the M3/M4...
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 1
F87EVO4004.00
      06-01-2020, 10:07 PM   #1994
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
I think it's a very small niche of people interested in a M2 CS. You really have to be looking for it. It has to check some peculiar boxes at it's price point.
Appreciate 2
F87EVO4004.00
///AVM2528.00
      06-02-2020, 05:58 AM   #1995
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I think it's a very small niche of people interested in a M2 CS. You really have to be looking for it. It has to check some peculiar boxes at it's price point.
Given choice between M2C and M2CS, pretty clear where my interest laid . . . nonetheless, I recognize many of my views, preferences and tendencies are not in-keeping with the majority.

When I posted an open M2CS allocation at MRSP (or better), coupled with BMW allocation scheme for the ‘limited edition’ release, this equated to a guaranteed chassis build for an interested individual. My assumption was demand exceeded the 482 supply . . . and my ‘inbox’ would be full in short order with interested parties. . . I have received only a single PM from an individual simply inquiring where the dealership was located.

On further reflection of my time spent on the subforum, I guess there are only a few members who have actually consistently expressed interest and intent to purchase an M2CS. We are talking about a subforum of BMW and sport/sporty car enthusiasts, among which one could reasonably expect the most interest in a BMW ‘limited edition’ ///M release.

At this point I am compelled to conclude there is truly very little interest in obtaining the M2CS, and there are ample allocations to meet the limited demand. . . or that allocations are being consumed by non-enthusiasts and/or those who do not frequent this subforum?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 08:12 AM   #1996
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyM2 View Post
Hey guys! Check out my boost blue Type-R. You think it’s the same color as the M2CS Blue? If you watch my time waster video, you might see a bit of my M2C.
Bro, you gotta adjust the nozzle on the soap gun to dispense more soap. Its literally spitting out water
Appreciate 1
izzyM2641.00
      06-02-2020, 08:21 AM   #1997
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrocks View Post
I asked a BMW sales guy today about the M2 CS. He said they were already out and have been a flop. I said, really? Not the M3/M4 CS...they were a flop. He said "no, the M2 CS. They have not sold well at all. Who puts gold wheels on a car anyway?!"
      06-02-2020, 08:23 AM   #1998
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Given choice between M2C and M2CS, pretty clear where my interest laid . . . nonetheless, I recognize many of my views, preferences and tendencies are not in-keeping with the majority.

When I posted an open M2CS allocation at MRSP (or better), coupled with BMW allocation scheme for the ‘limited edition’ release, this equated to a guaranteed chassis build for an interested individual. My assumption was demand exceeded the 482 supply . . . and my ‘inbox’ would be full in short order with interested parties. . . I have received only a single PM from an individual simply inquiring where the dealership was located.

On further reflection of my time spent on the subforum, I guess there are only a few members who have actually consistently expressed interest and intent to purchase an M2CS. We are talking about a subforum of BMW and sport/sporty car enthusiasts, among which one could reasonably expect the most interest in a BMW ‘limited edition’ ///M release.

At this point I am compelled to conclude there is truly very little interest in obtaining the M2CS, and there are ample allocations to meet the limited demand. . . or that allocations are being consumed by non-enthusiasts and/or those who do not frequent this subforum?

///AVM
At least in my eyes, there is a value and perceived value component to any car. An M2CS in my eyes is no different than an M2C to 99.999999% of people out there. The additional power and tweaking (let alone the CF components for now) is not worth the extra $25k to me, so I have 0 interest in the car. At that price I pick up a P car. And I think the same goes for the folks on this sub forum you describe. But they are limited in quantity and will sell. You'll be surprised how some dude/dudette just looking for a car, walks into a BMW dealership and finds a car cute, and buys it.

I'm amazed at how many AMG cars i see out there, and I pull up expecting some dude who is serious about their cars, and its a woman applying makeup, or eating lunch (not being sexist, just making a point) and driving like a grandma. I mean, people dont care what they buy...It looks cute, meets the monthly payment? Lets go!
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      06-02-2020, 08:50 AM   #1999
leemik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LRP M3 Coupe

Garage List
2020 Acura NSX  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
An M2CS in my eyes is no different than an M2C to 99.999999% of people out there.
seems to be the case..My friends who are car enthusiasts know I'm buying a car this year and I tell them I have a deposit on an M2CS allocation..and they always go: "Oh so and so has one of those ..awesome car.." I don't correct them and just say "thanks".. but in my mind I'm thinking so and so has a competition not a CS but even if I explained the difference I doubt they will understand BMW's complete money grab of the ///M brand.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      06-02-2020, 11:30 AM   #2000
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:

///AVM
Where did you post the offer outside of this thread? I glanced in the M2 Discussions and the Ordering forums and didn't catch any from you, and there isn't anything under your profile as a thread started indicating a thread dedicated to it. So if your measure is whether or not someone in this thread that is 90 pages long, and is either someone with an allocation, or someone who doesn't want the car - you are going to find what you expect.

My point was that very few people even realize the CS exists or is coming. Until it hits mainstream media reviews etc it will be hard to gauge the interest. As much as I'm in to these cars I didn't even know the M3 CS was made (and only AFTER I knew about the M4 CS) until I was looking when I started shopping for a new car last year - and I've been BMW CCA for more than a decade, glance at Roundel and the emails in my inbox every month etc. as well as consume who knows how many youtube channels, car magazines, etc.
2014 Cayman S

Last edited by sdhotwn; 06-02-2020 at 11:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 11:42 AM   #2001
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Another variable: Let's say that you are "on the list" for an allocation. You wait.... and wait..... the dealer says he's "99% sure he can get you an allocation"..... and after all of that waiting, you end up being the "first loser" on the allocation list.

Then, you go to order a M2C, and allocations for that may or may not be available by the time you find out you didn't make the cut for a CS (especially in Europe).

So theoretically, you could get skunked twice.

Just something to consider if you have your heart set on one or the other.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 12:10 PM   #2002
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Another variable: Let's say that you are "on the list" for an allocation. You wait.... and wait..... the dealer says he's "99% sure he can get you an allocation"..... and after all of that waiting, you end up being the "first loser" on the allocation list.

Then, you go to order a M2C, and allocations for that may or may not be available by the time you find out you didn't make the cut for a CS (especially in Europe).

So theoretically, you could get skunked twice.

Just something to consider if you have your heart set on one or the other.
I can see this being very probable. I think the US '21s and European '20s are going to dry up quick. Especially if there is an expected price increase for the new G87. I'm willing to bet the new version touches $70kUS fully optioned.
Appreciate 0