BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > ConnectDrive Features Unexpectedly Working

04-29-2024, 09:53 PM   #1
jefe2000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Back when ConnectedDrive was $50/yr for the non-realtime-traffic package, I paid for the package. It was moderately useful to be able to remotely lock/unlock the car, set the fans runnning at a scheduled time, check if the sunroof was open, check the fuel level, etc., all from the smartphone app. Overall, the remote services available for our F87’s are pretty minimal compared to other contemporary BMW models.

When the price went up to $120/yr I said “no thanks!” and didn’t re-up when my term ended. The conveniences were nice, but not $10/mo nice. The BMW app was a lot less useful after that.

So imagine my surprise when I launched the app today and was able to see all sorts of status on my car. I was able to lock/unlock the car remotely. All the features that had gone away when I stopped paying the ConnectedDrive fee had returned! Even my online BMW account shows that remote services are active.

I haven’t paid for remote services. I don’t know why they might be active, and I don’t want to dig too deep for fear of them being turned off again. Anyone else have an experience like this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0