M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > MCS Coilover Rear for M2C

12-22-2019, 01:09 AM   #1
MR RIZK
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

MCS Coilover Rear for M2C

Looking for feedback from owners that are running rear coil overs on the M2C and specifically clearance issues with the rear sway bar bar and general clearance for replacement wheels.

The plan is to go with MCS coilovers, eibach springs (mains + tender), nitron camber plates and Apex forged 19's to clear the oem BBK. (19x9.5+28, 19x10.5+45 with recommended 265/295 30 aspect setup)

Initial talks with my local MCS dealer did highlight potential clearance issues in the rear sway bar region and further measuring shows it is quite tight. The tightness appears to be more where the sway bar wraps around the shock vs the droplink.

I did find this thread but appears the OP is no longer active LINK

Last edited by MR RIZK; 12-22-2019 at 01:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 11:31 AM   #2
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

I am considering MCS 2WNR for my car, and I asked MCS about the rear true coilover version. It's of my opinion that it's not worth the hassle of moving away from the divorced setup unless your car is strictly a track toy. There's the sway bar clearance issue and noise that gets introduced when running this setup.
      12-22-2019, 05:32 PM   #3
MR RIZK
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

It's good to see the message is consistent. Mine will definitely not be a dedicated track toy.

Since it's not a dedicated track car I was also contemplating the 2WNR but still haven't decided if I go with the remotes.

The MCS dealer did mention that there was word that bimmerworld "might" be coming out with a fix for the rear sway or maybe a replacement sway bar. Details unknown at this stage.