BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Question about Production Number

11-02-2017, 06:50 AM   #1
60HawkDriver83
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Question about Production Number

I just received an email from my dealer with a production number for my custom ordered 2018 M2. I went to the BMW website to register for an account and track the progress of the order. The website says "unable to find the requested vehicle" production number I entered.

How long after receiving the production number will I be able to find and a track the vehicle online? My car goes into production week 49, so I know I'll probably get my VIN prior to that but I'd like to track its progress.

B Lucas
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 09:12 AM   #2
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60HawkDriver83 View Post
I just received an email from my dealer with a production number for my custom ordered 2018 M2. I went to the BMW website to register for an account and track the progress of the order. The website says "unable to find the requested vehicle" production number I entered.

How long after receiving the production number will I be able to find and a track the vehicle online? My car goes into production week 49, so I know I'll probably get my VIN prior to that but I'd like to track its progress.

B Lucas
It will be a few days, call BMWGenius and he can tell you what the salesman/dealer can tell you. Same info
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #3
jjclyde
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60HawkDriver83 View Post
For my week 33 car, I could not register with MyBMW (USA) with the production number. Once I got the VIN, I could register online.

That said, you get much better info from Genius or the automated line. And both of those work just fine with production number.
Appreciate 1
bobert858.50
      11-02-2017, 01:50 PM   #4
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

I couldn't register with my production number until the car entered production - nothing to track before then anyway.
      11-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #5
Wharf Rat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ...

Hmmm... I was able to create a MyBMW account & just enter a production number (before I got a VIN).
After adding my car I could check under the Track My BMW section (in left menu bar) & it showed 'Start' and 'Order Documented' before production began. Once it entered production, the next square (01 Production Begins) darkened.

If I go to Owner's Manuals, Explore (on right menu bar) & enter the last seven of my VIN, I get this:
Online Owner's Manual
The Owner's Manual cannot be displayed.
The Online Owner's Manual for this vehicle identification number (VIN) is currently not available.
Maybe not 'til it's built?
Appreciate 0