BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > Geico raises CO insurance rates

10-06-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
dcmac
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 LCI M2

Geico raises CO insurance rates

My monthly insurance premium with Geico suddenly raised from $111 to $134.

Called them up and they said it's because of "rising costs to insure drivers in Colorado". They said other insurers were doing the same thing.

This sounds like pure BS to me... a $23 rise per month is a fairly steep increase in my view.

Anyone else on here with Geico and have the same thing happen?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 07:58 AM   #2
M2taz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmac View Post
My monthly insurance premium with Geico suddenly raised from $111 to $134.

Called them up and they said it's because of "rising costs to insure drivers in Colorado". They said other insurers were doing the same thing.

This sounds like pure BS to me... a $23 rise per month is a fairly steep increase in my view.

Anyone else on here with Geico and have the same thing happen?
I have actually heard of other companies raising rates in Colorado. About a year ago I changed over to Farmers and have been satisfied with them so far. I can't say my driving record is very good so I'm a bit of a challenge to insure honestly! Let me know if you want the agent's contact info and I'll forward it your way. It's always good to see what other prices are out there when things like this increase.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 03:18 PM   #3
dcmac
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2taz View Post
I have actually heard of other companies raising rates in Colorado. About a year ago I changed over to Farmers and have been satisfied with them so far. I can't say my driving record is very good so I'm a bit of a challenge to insure honestly! Let me know if you want the agent's contact info and I'll forward it your way. It's always good to see what other prices are out there when things like this increase.
Thanks that sounds good. Good luck with it. I'm interested in what Geico will say around covering modifications... do you plan to mod your M2? If your record isn't great mods might make it a dealbreaker.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 05:04 PM   #4
M2taz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmac View Post
Thanks that sounds good. Good luck with it. I'm interested in what Geico will say around covering modifications... do you plan to mod your M2? If your record isn't great mods might make it a dealbreaker.
Yeah it may have some mods! Dinan Stage 4! Do you mean whether they'll cover the parts if something was to happen? I'd need to look into that one thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 01:08 PM   #5
dcmac
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2taz View Post
Yeah it may have some mods! Dinan Stage 4! Do you mean whether they'll cover the parts if something was to happen? I'd need to look into that one thanks.
Just an update here, I actually rang Geico this week to check in on the process if I get mods and need it covered. They said it's no issue, just tell them the value of the mods and they increase the premium accordingly. No need to provide receipts or anything. They said my 6-month premium would increase around $40 if I did $5000 worth of mods. Pretty good result IMO.
Appreciate 0