BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > How to track your BMW in Canada

05-05-2018, 10:58 AM   #133
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryK View Post
You can just call them. Also they may not no the name of the ship but you can guess what that will be by looking at the WW schedule. My car took 10 days from the end of the line till it went to the docks. I think that is an unusually long time. They are super organised!
Thanks for the reply. As of this morning, the BMW USA website shows "my" car in the "production begins" state. I understood that the production date is assigned when the production is complete. Is the BMW USA website not showing the actual current status? I'll call them and see what they say.

Some questions:

Is the location Bremerhaven the docks called Kaiserhaven Zwei and Drei? There appear to be a lot of vehicles there.

Is the location in Halifax the dock in Dartmouth on Main and Morris?

Does the ship go directly from Bremerhaven to Halifax? I'm wondering if I can figure out the ship from the destination in the AIS transponder.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 11:19 AM   #134
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Okay, google is my friend.

I looked up the schedules on the WW website.

May 9 - May 22
May 15 - May 28
May 23 - June 5

It seems like a stretch for it to be shipped on May 9th.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 12:39 PM   #135
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 '18

You willbe lucky to geton the boat on the 15th.
Boats typically go to Sweden then Brussels, Southampton then Halifax.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 01:11 AM   #136
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just looked at the routes I posted above and they go to Gothenburg, Brugge, Southampton and then Halifax. Strange that they stop in Belgium when it's so close to Bremerhaven. Maybe they also pick up vehicles in Gothenburg?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 07:41 AM   #137
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

The ships grab Volvo's in Gothenburg. Minis in Southampton (maybe other cars too..). Not sure about Brugge.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 01:00 PM   #138
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
According to the BMW USA website "my" X2 finished production.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 07:15 PM   #139
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerdriver2 View Post
According to the BMW USA website "my" X2 finished production.
Emailed BMW Canada and was told the vehicle was released to the carrier and is awaiting shipping. They also said it would first ship to Southampton, then to Halifax. That is the first I've ever heard of a vehicle being shipped in that manner.

I called the bmw genius and was told the vehicle is at the port awaiting shipping, but has not been assigned to a vessel. They said it would take 8-10 days to be assigned to a vessel.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 07:28 PM   #140
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Emailed BMW Canada and was told the vehicle was released to the carrier and is awaiting shipping. They also said it would first ship to Southampton, then to Halifax. That is the first I've ever heard of a vehicle being shipped in that manner.

I called the bmw genius and was told the vehicle is at the port awaiting shipping, but has not been assigned to a vessel. They said it would take 8-10 days to be assigned to a vessel.
BMW Canada are worthless. I would not believe one word their "experts" say.

"I would rather cry in a BMW than smile on a bicycle." Ma Nuo
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 09:25 PM   #141
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
When my 2016 M2 shipped from Germany two years ago the ship also stopped in Southampton England and then went directly to Halifax.It went directly to Southampton after it left Bremerhaven.Then it went directly to Halifax after it left Southampton.It is quite common for the ship to stop in Southampton to drop off cars for the British market and then continue directly to Halifax.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 05:55 AM   #142
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
When my 2016 M2 shipped from Germany two years ago the ship also stopped in Southampton England and then went directly to Halifax.It went directly to Southampton after it left Bremerhaven.Then it went directly to Halifax after it left Southampton.It is quite common for the ship to stop in Southampton to drop off cars for the British market and then continue directly to Halifax.
I would say that that route is unusual. Every WW ship that leaves in the next month from Bremerhaven goes through Sweden etc. Roughly a 2 week voyage.
https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?min...ScheduleRWD%2F

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 02:32 PM   #143
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Maybe the person from BMW Canada did not chose the words very well, but the reply seemed to imply the vehicle would be shipped first to Southampton before being shipped to Halifax. I would interpret that differently from the car being shipped from Bremerhaven to Halifax with some intermediate stops along the way (i.e., Gothenburg, Zeebrugge, Southhampton).
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 03:25 PM   #144
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Maybe the person from BMW Canada did not chose the words very well, but the reply seemed to imply the vehicle would be shipped first to Southampton before being shipped to Halifax. I would interpret that differently from the car being shipped from Bremerhaven to Halifax with some intermediate stops along the way (i.e., Gothenburg, Zeebrugge, Southhampton).
I am sorry. After years of being treated like a 2nd class citizen for BMW Canada I am pretty short with my words to describe their customer service.
Pretty decent product poorly modified supported and by BMW Canada...

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 09:33 PM   #145
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I am sorry. After years of being treated like a 2nd class citizen for BMW Canada I am pretty short with my words to describe their customer service.
Pretty decent product poorly modified supported and by BMW Canada...
No need to apologize to me for that. I agree. There is no excuse for BMW Canada to not provide the same level of service provided elsewhere. I find it incredible that that the tracking service is not provided by BMW group to be used by all customers, irrespective of the country.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 06:22 AM   #146
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
No need to apologize to me for that. I agree. There is no excuse for BMW Canada to not provide the same level of service provided elsewhere. I find it incredible that that the tracking service is not provided by BMW group to be used by all customers, irrespective of the country.
Also BMW international Provide the webpage and BMW Canada uses them but some of the links go no where. For example connected drive services....click on the shop .....nothing. In the US they can buy apps and services.
So it the whole look (of the website and in general) is this slick façade but behind that is a shitty garage and executives making too much money for getting away with bad decisions because we Canadians don't like to complain......

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 04:08 PM   #147
Ramage
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Seems like Halifax is backed up again, my RR has been in port since May 4th and has not been loaded to make the trip to Vancouver. Big shout out to alscks0414 for CN tracking.

For me just knowing that I will be able to track when my car gets loaded is big.

Knowing the car is in Canada and still so far away is maddening
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 10:46 AM   #148
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Not familiar with BMW VIN's. How to you differentiate Canadian VIN's from US? Do you just add digits to the end of the VIN and there's no other letter coding differentiating CDN from US models?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 11:12 AM   #149
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Not familiar with BMW VIN's. How to you differentiate Canadian VIN's from US? Do you just add digits to the end of the VIN and there's no other letter coding differentiating CDN from US models?
When you decode the vin, look for "838 Canadian Version Kanada-ausfuehrung".
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 11:14 AM   #150
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
According to "track my bmw", "my" bmw is "En Route to the U.S." I think it must have made it on the 15th. I'm in Germany this week, so I'll try giving WWL a call to see if I can find out if my car is on the Don Juan.

Last edited by bimmerdriver2; 05-16-2018 at 11:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 09:30 AM   #151
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
According to "track my bmw", "my" bmw is "En Route to the U.S." I think it must have made it on the 15th. I'm in Germany this week, so I'll try giving WWL a call to see if I can find out if my car is on the Don Juan.
I called WWL. The person was very helpful and did not push back at all, even without a booking number. He confirmed that my car is on the Don Juan. That's my actual car, as opposed to my car vin +1.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 02:42 PM   #152
oldschoolswish
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i manual RWD

Thanks all for the info in this thread. I was able to find a production date for my M240i. (May 15th) Hoping it made that May 23rd ship. I'm literally in Halifax so a short journey after that.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 06:54 PM   #153
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by uppermanagmnt View Post
Thanks all for the info in this thread. I was able to find a production date for my M240i. (May 15th) Hoping it made that May 23rd ship. I'm literally in Halifax so a short journey after that.
If you want to confirm whether or not your car made it onto the 23rd sailing, you can call WW customer service.
Appreciate 1
SW192441.50
      05-23-2018, 01:38 AM   #154
kwinter85
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5

Has anyone heard about delivery delays because of a rail strike? My SA is saying I won’t get my car until July the earliest (was supposed to receive it last week)!
Appreciate 0