BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Noelle Performance Programming is now available For Your F87 M2 N55 at HP Autosport

11-14-2019, 03:31 PM   #23
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecaa850 View Post
$1700.00????
Ok, after the sticker shock I have to say I'd still do this. But it needs to be reliable for 45min around a track. And with the stock IC I doubt it could be. But that's just my guess.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 04:32 PM   #24
nismoman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBBM2,2001 LSB M3,S52 E30

I don't understand any of this, The factory car, bone stock, yanks timing like crazy for high IAT's because the factory intercooler is too small, so how is a tune going to fix an inefficient component? furthermore, our compressors efficiency limit is around 18-20 psi right? So it cant be any more than that and our fuel pumps can't make up for it because they are crashing on crap gas with any extra timing targets lol. Just seems odd to be mysterious on the specifics of the tune when we all know basically what the limits of the stock components are and the values of OTS tunes.

Last edited by nismoman; 11-14-2019 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 04:36 PM   #25
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Ok, after the sticker shock I have to say I'd still do this. But it needs to be reliable for 45min around a track. And with the stock IC I doubt it could be. But that's just my guess.

Then look at ECUTEK, it's cheaper and they'll custom tune your vehicle. No factory matching warranty though.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 06:37 PM   #26
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Good stuff, thanks for answering the questions. Do they recommend a IC upgrade with the tune? I'm a bit surprised if they don't to be honest given AIT issues a lot of tuners and larger turbo owners have.
Noelle's engineers don't recommend hard parts(only for a street car) because the cost vs. gain of horsepower just isn't there. We do have to agree with them that their programming is the best bang for your money. That said, if you have a track car, throw all the hardware upgrades you can find at it. It will be interesting to see the hp and tq gains with hardware upgrades.

Their engineers also said that only a saw minimum increase in IAT with their programming.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 07:55 PM   #27
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Quote:
Good stuff, thanks for answering the questions. Do they recommend a IC upgrade with the tune? I'm a bit surprised if they don't to be honest given AIT issues a lot of tuners and larger turbo owners have.
Noelle's engineers don't recommend hard parts(only for a street car) because the cost vs. gain of horsepower just isn't there. We do have to agree with them that their programming is the best bang for your money. That said, if you have a track car, throw all the hardware upgrades you can find at it. It will be interesting to see the hp and tq gains with hardware upgrades.

Their engineers also said that only a saw minimum increase in IAT with their programming.
Yeah sorry going to need to see some actual data on this magic tune that gives that much a power increase reliably with not even an IC upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 09:46 PM   #28
srmast1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 6mt AW m2

Garage List
2008 Audi A4  [0.00]
2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD  [0.00]
2011 e90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecaa850 View Post
Yes, the tune can very well void the warranty on the entire drive train from the engine to the rear axles and everything in between.
That just makes me very uneasy.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 01:09 AM   #29
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
Yeah sorry going to need to see some actual data on this magic tune that gives that much a power increase reliably with not even an IC upgrade.
You may contact your local Noelle dealer for a possible trial for a small fee.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 01:12 AM   #30
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmast1 View Post
That just makes me very uneasy.
If you install a piggy-back, intake or intercooler, it's all the same. The only difference is that you do not have someone willing to back your factory warranty.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 08:42 AM   #31
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoman View Post
I don't understand any of this, The factory car, bone stock, yanks timing like crazy for high IAT's because the factory intercooler is too small, so how is a tune going to fix an inefficient component? furthermore, our compressors efficiency limit is around 18-20 psi right? So it cant be any more than that and our fuel pumps can't make up for it because they are crashing on crap gas with any extra timing targets lol. Just seems odd to be mysterious on the specifics of the tune when we all know basically what the limits of the stock components are and the values of OTS tunes.
I was thinking along those lines also.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 06:08 PM   #32
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoman View Post
For better understanding, I suggest you call Noelle Programming headquarters and ask to speak to one of their engineers. Feel free to post the conversation here after you had a chance to speak with them.

Please also keep in mind that this is a street or stage 1 tune. GIAC stage 1, for most makes and models, does not require any hardware upgrades. Correct me if I am wrong but Cobb stage 1 also does not require any hardware upgrades.

Last edited by HP Autosport; 11-15-2019 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 09:14 AM   #33
NOS4A2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c

mild_piggybacking on thread to ask HPAutosport(Didn't see one in the S55 area)

I understand that they are claiming 600hp on the S55 engine. Have you guys performed any dyno analysis/runs to substantiate the claims?

Doing research on my end but not seeing much from people who have done previously/prior.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 04:39 PM   #34
BLOJOE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

I too am interested but have not heard anyone here proclaim that they have this tune on their N55 OG M2 and it's the "bee's knees"...

The only posistive review I found sofar was this one (it is quite positive) and it's on a M240i - here the OP asks about the tune originally and then just pulls the trigger and does it and then posts his experience:

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1615956

Of course in one earlier post the OP says, "I have nothing to compare the tune with as this is the only one I have tried, but this this is incredible! " and then in a later post says, "But I believe. I have tuned many cars and normally 40-50 hp on a tune is great."

I understand that Noelle is new to North America but has been in Germany for quite some time - anyone out there in Germany have the M2 tune for a year/few thousand miles that can speak to how it affects reliability, drivability, etc?

I'm not an early adopter so until I hear more positive N55 reviews prob gonna sit on my hands on this...
Appreciate 0