BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > What did you do to your M2 today?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-25-2021, 02:35 PM   #7899
M2Pilot
Enlisted Member
M2Pilot's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: '18 AW M2 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Installed Remus and fitted with customized tips. :-)
Attached Images
    
__________________
2018 BMW AW M2
Appreciate 5
VisualEcho5688.50
Bruuuce186.00
///M TOWN5026.00
NWest254.00
      09-25-2021, 03:17 PM   #7900
VisualEcho
Brigadier General
VisualEcho's Avatar
United_States
5689
Rep
4,078
Posts

Drives: '18 M2 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Pilot View Post
Installed Remus and fitted with customized tips. :-)
This is just epic. I mean, there's doing something right, and then there's this. Wish mine would have been done this way, but there just wasn't room on the factory exhaust.
__________________
Exige | M2
Appreciate 2
M2Pilot70.50
///M TOWN5026.00
      09-25-2021, 05:10 PM   #7901
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
5026
Rep
5,049
Posts

Drives: M GmbH do
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Pilot View Post
Installed Remus and fitted with customized tips. :-)
Bam 💥
__________________
///
Appreciate 1
M2Pilot70.50
      09-25-2021, 08:24 PM   #7902
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
5026
Rep
5,049
Posts

Drives: M GmbH do
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Finally installed my M performance CF lip

Shout to @SebsM2 for the hookup

Man my OCD kicked in hard

Happy with the results

Attached Images
 
__________________
///
Appreciate 2
NWest254.00
M2Pilot70.50
      09-26-2021, 06:47 AM   #7903
JMM
Private First Class
JMM's Avatar
Belgium
37
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: E87 M2 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Antwerp

iTrader: (0)

Last week I gave my M2 a stage 1 steroid treatment and I must say, I was very pleasantly surprised.
The only thing that has been changed is the intercooler for a bigger one.

I think this is about the best power curve I have ever seen on the internet, for a stage 1 tuning.

The acceleration feeling towards 7000tr/m is very impressive now, what a difference with the standard power!

__________________
E87 M2 LCI

EX: e92 335d: 350hp@4400rpm and 698NM/521 ft lb@2760 rpm.
Appreciate 1
VisualEcho5688.50
      09-26-2021, 08:49 AM   #7904
SebsM2
Captain
SebsM2's Avatar
422
Rep
638
Posts

Drives: 2017 LBB M2
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Finally installed my M performance CF lip

Shout to @SebsM2 for the hookup

Man my OCD kicked in hard

Happy with the results

Not a problem! Looks great
__________________
Instagram: SebsM2
Build thread: A Tastefully Modded FBO M2
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 05:03 PM   #7905
Al Bundy's Dodge
Captain
943
Rep
662
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Ceramic coated the winter wheels…bad news is winter driving season is almost here :
Attached Images
 
__________________
2009 328i xDrive 6MT (Retired and I miss her)
2015 335i xDrive 6MT (Retired and I dont miss her)
2018 M2 6MT (Never retiring)
Appreciate 1
VisualEcho5688.50
      09-26-2021, 07:11 PM   #7906
Suds
/M Enthusiast
Suds's Avatar
United_States
774
Rep
1,252
Posts

Drives: Responsiblish
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lone Star State

iTrader: (1)

Replaced the seats and some other shit.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2019 M4 ZCP, Alpine White/Sakhir, DCT, MPE
2019 M2 Comp, Alpine White, DCT, track car build, 1/2 cage, AP Racing Brakes & Nitron Coilovers
2004 Audi A4 Avant USP 6mt, RS4 clutch, built motor, Garrett GT3071r "Big Ass Turbo" Motoza Tune
Appreciate 6
gphung112.50
DrKevM52024.00
inTgr8r2032.00
FIDDIE12.00
      09-26-2021, 08:14 PM   #7907
VisualEcho
Brigadier General
VisualEcho's Avatar
United_States
5689
Rep
4,078
Posts

Drives: '18 M2 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Burned the tires, took some shots, enjoyed a sunset. It was good.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Exige | M2
Appreciate 10
Suds774.00
M2Pilot70.50
///M TOWN5026.00
.Slug387.50
Aust350z233.50
DrKevM52024.00
      09-26-2021, 08:40 PM   #7908
Suds
/M Enthusiast
Suds's Avatar
United_States
774
Rep
1,252
Posts

Drives: Responsiblish
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lone Star State

iTrader: (1)

Damn!!!
That is Hot!


Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Burned the tires, took some shots, enjoyed a sunset. It was good.
__________________
2019 M4 ZCP, Alpine White/Sakhir, DCT, MPE
2019 M2 Comp, Alpine White, DCT, track car build, 1/2 cage, AP Racing Brakes & Nitron Coilovers
2004 Audi A4 Avant USP 6mt, RS4 clutch, built motor, Garrett GT3071r "Big Ass Turbo" Motoza Tune
Appreciate 1
VisualEcho5688.50
      09-26-2021, 09:00 PM   #7909
VisualEcho
Brigadier General
VisualEcho's Avatar
United_States
5689
Rep
4,078
Posts

Drives: '18 M2 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
The rear shot.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Exige | M2
Appreciate 7
      09-26-2021, 11:42 PM   #7910
vrooooom
New BMW owner
vrooooom's Avatar
Philippines
78
Rep
381
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Philippines

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM View Post
Last week I gave my M2 a stage 1 steroid treatment and I must say, I was very pleasantly surprised.
The only thing that has been changed is the intercooler for a bigger one.

I think this is about the best power curve I have ever seen on the internet, for a stage 1 tuning.

The acceleration feeling towards 7000tr/m is very impressive now, what a difference with the standard power!

440 PS on stage 1? Is that wheel?

Did you replace your plastic chargepipe btw?
__________________
2018 BMW M2 LCI BM3 Stage 2 + MPE + FTP charge pipe + MST V2 Inlet + TurboSmart DV + CSF FMIC + AA Hi-flow Downpipe
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 12:45 AM   #7911
MBP1865
New Member
6
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 6MT LBB
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Alabama Gulf Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
What was it that caused them to replace the diff at their expense?
I'll ask for specifics when I go back to pick it up. I dropped it off complaining of some odd noises(groans and grinds), especially at low speeds when cold, when the body had some torque applied to it, often entering or exiting driveways or something similar, and whine at highway speeds. It also had bad right wheel hop when the tires were spinning, the side that all the noises seemed to come from. That I found out because I got nails in two brand new rear tires that were too close to the sidewall to repair, so figured I may as well get a little use out of them and make some smoke. Wheel hop was noticeable just doing a burnout and doing figure 8s.

Of course the dealership initially said, before they even looked at the car, that the diffs are known to make some noises here and there. The tech said just moving the car into the bay he could tell that some of the noises were not normal, did a lap around the area to see if he could get a better feel for what it may be, determined that it was definitely a problematic diff and put in for it to be replaced.

As far as it being on their dime, not entirely sure. It's a 2018 with just north of 40k on the odometer, which I'm fairly certain puts it out of the factory warranty. I have my own warranty on it which I was prepared to use to cover it, but my SA told me BMW was covering it when I dropped it back off when the parts came in. Perhaps just some lucky BMW good faith servicing?
__________________
Current - 2018 M2 6MT LBB with some parts in waiting
Past - 2015 F80 6MT Azurite Black, 2006 330i 6MT Sparkling Graphite Metallic
Appreciate 1
VisualEcho5688.50
      09-27-2021, 12:46 AM   #7912
MBP1865
New Member
6
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 6MT LBB
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Alabama Gulf Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooooom View Post
wondering too.
See response above ^
__________________
Current - 2018 M2 6MT LBB with some parts in waiting
Past - 2015 F80 6MT Azurite Black, 2006 330i 6MT Sparkling Graphite Metallic
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 07:58 AM   #7913
VisualEcho
Brigadier General
VisualEcho's Avatar
United_States
5689
Rep
4,078
Posts

Drives: '18 M2 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBP1865 View Post
I'll ask for specifics when I go back to pick it up. I dropped it off complaining of some odd noises(groans and grinds), especially at low speeds when cold, when the body had some torque applied to it, often entering or exiting driveways or something similar, and whine at highway speeds. It also had bad right wheel hop when the tires were spinning, the side that all the noises seemed to come from. That I found out because I got nails in two brand new rear tires that were too close to the sidewall to repair, so figured I may as well get a little use out of them and make some smoke. Wheel hop was noticeable just doing a burnout and doing figure 8s.

Of course the dealership initially said, before they even looked at the car, that the diffs are known to make some noises here and there. The tech said just moving the car into the bay he could tell that some of the noises were not normal, did a lap around the area to see if he could get a better feel for what it may be, determined that it was definitely a problematic diff and put in for it to be replaced.

As far as it being on their dime, not entirely sure. It's a 2018 with just north of 40k on the odometer, which I'm fairly certain puts it out of the factory warranty. I have my own warranty on it which I was prepared to use to cover it, but my SA told me BMW was covering it when I dropped it back off when the parts came in. Perhaps just some lucky BMW good faith servicing?
I think that's the thing; the diff's are known to make noise, and known to wheel hop (mine used to but hardly ever does it anymore), so everyone is going to wonder exactly what it might have been that made them pick up the tab. Sounds like it was just an experienced tech that knew something wasn't right. Good on you bro!
__________________
Exige | M2
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 10:05 AM   #7914
CLH
Private First Class
CLH's Avatar
United_States
97
Rep
141
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Burien, WA

iTrader: (0)

Maintenance weekend getting ready to bring the M2 "into the light" again. I've had it in storage with USAA for almost a year while we've been staying semi-isolated and I need to get it out and drive it again now that we seem to be back on the downslope of cases.

Did an oil/filter change, flushed/bled the brakes with fresh ATE SL.6, and popped speedbleeders into the calipers.

Car officially turned four years old on 9/23 - I can't believe it's been that long!
__________________
Chris H. - In the sunny PNW!
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2021, 10:10 AM   #7915
VisualEcho
Brigadier General
VisualEcho's Avatar
United_States
5689
Rep
4,078
Posts

Drives: '18 M2 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH View Post
Maintenance weekend getting ready to bring the M2 "into the light" again. I've had it in storage with USAA for almost a year while we've been staying semi-isolated and I need to get it out and drive it again now that we seem to be back on the downslope of cases.

Did an oil/filter change, flushed/bled the brakes with fresh ATE SL.6, and popped speedbleeders into the calipers.

Car officially turned four years old on 9/23 - I can't believe it's been that long!
Which speedbleeders did you get, and how well do they work?
__________________
Exige | M2
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 11:29 AM   #7916
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
5026
Rep
5,049
Posts

Drives: M GmbH do
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Installed the BMS charge pipe

What a complete bitch that was to install

It's almost like it was made for the six speed not the DCT
__________________
///
Appreciate 1
VisualEcho5688.50
      09-27-2021, 11:32 AM   #7917
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
5026
Rep
5,049
Posts

Drives: M GmbH do
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH View Post
Maintenance weekend getting ready to bring the M2 "into the light" again. I've had it in storage with USAA for almost a year while we've been staying semi-isolated and I need to get it out and drive it again now that we seem to be back on the downslope of cases.

Did an oil/filter change, flushed/bled the brakes with fresh ATE SL.6, and popped speedbleeders into the calipers.

Car officially turned four years old on 9/23 - I can't believe it's been that long!
Which speedbleeders did you get, and how well do they work?
I don't know man I'd be afraid to run those speed bleeders

😬

Reminds me of this…

__________________
///
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 04:28 PM   #7918
CLH
Private First Class
CLH's Avatar
United_States
97
Rep
141
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Burien, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
I don't know man I'd be afraid to run those speed bleeders

😬

Reminds me of this…

So explain to me exactly what you think speedbleeders do that would lead to that outcome, as compared to a normal bleed screw? When they are tightened the are absolutely no different than a normal bleed screw.

I've been using speed bleeders in my vehicles for 20+ years, and have never had an issue. I have, however, seen lots of posts by people who seem to think that speedbleeder == fiery crash, for no valid reason.
__________________
Chris H. - In the sunny PNW!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 04:31 PM   #7919
CLH
Private First Class
CLH's Avatar
United_States
97
Rep
141
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Burien, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Which speedbleeders did you get, and how well do they work?
See thread here: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1859990

As compared to a normal bleed screw they have a one-way valve in them that allows you to just crack them open once and bleed without having to close them between pumps of the pedal.
__________________
Chris H. - In the sunny PNW!
Appreciate 1
VisualEcho5688.50
      09-27-2021, 04:38 PM   #7920
DrKevM5
Colonel
DrKevM5's Avatar
United_States
2024
Rep
2,457
Posts

Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Western NY

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Burned the tires, took some shots, enjoyed a sunset. It was good.
Wallpaper worthy!
__________________
'16 M2 Long Beach Blue/Black, 6MT
'19 X5 4.0 M Sport Black Sapphire/Tartufo
'18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Vesuvio Grey/Black
Appreciate 1
VisualEcho5688.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST