BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > European M2C, how to get rid of OPF filters / get better sound

09-20-2019, 02:25 AM   #23
george27
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Read more here: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...9#post25263099

Personally I would opt for OPF delete, but only when you don't want to go down the route of ECU tuning.

MR
Thanks! I think I'll wait to see the sensor bypass you're developing but that sounds just like what I'm after
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 05:46 PM   #24
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
I believe we need the Miltek DPs and Miltek catback to fit this. Am I correct?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 02:54 AM   #25
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahano View Post
I believe we need the Miltek DPs and Miltek catback to fit this. Am I correct?
No, Milltek say these pipes only fit with their cat back, but that's not the case, it fits with any pipe if you cut in in the right place.

As they'll fit with standard DPs they'll fit with any as they all use the same flange.

I'm running them now with decat DPs and stage 2 BM3. Too loud though so I've got the exhaust flaps permanently closed (fuses removed) for now.

I've also got a DIY equal length rear section which sounds great, but it still a work in porgress.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 05:36 PM   #26
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
No, Milltek say these pipes only fit with their cat back, but that's not the case, it fits with any pipe if you cut in in the right place.

As they'll fit with standard DPs they'll fit with any as they all use the same flange.

I'm running them now with decat DPs and stage 2 BM3. Too loud though so I've got the exhaust flaps permanently closed (fuses removed) for now.

I've also got a DIY equal length rear section which sounds great, but it still a work in porgress.
Im surprised its very loud, especially if you have stock catbacks?
All you have are catless DPs and high flow cat midpipe that replaces the OPFs is that right?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 06:27 PM   #27
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Can you elaborate more about cutting them in the right place? I called Litchfield to install the high flow midpipe without the catback as I did not want large sound and they said that it was not possible. Do you have the miltek catback or stock catback?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 08:29 AM   #28
M2Nel
Rep
Drives: M2Comp

Quote:

Hi Doughboy whats a Equal length REAR section, is that inside the back box?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 02:34 AM   #29
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Im surprised its very loud, especially if you have stock catbacks?
All you have are catless DPs and high flow cat midpipe that replaces the OPFs is that right?
As soon as decat downpipes went on the volume went up to 11 with valves open, really obnoxious loud rasp.

Keeping the valves shut sorted that.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 03:06 AM   #30
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Can you elaborate more about cutting them in the right place? I called Litchfield to install the high flow midpipe without the catback as I did not want large sound and they said that it was not possible. Do you have the miltek catback or stock catback?
Think about it. Milltek cat back will fit with stock midsection. So the joint position and diameters are compatible.

Then the milltek highflow midsection will fit with the milltek cat back so again the joint position and diameter are compatible with stock or milltek cat back, it has to be or else the cat back wouldn't fit with stock mid pipe.

What milltek mean is they DON'T WANT to sell you just the mid pipe.

At first i bought highflow mid pipe and cat back together. Didn't like the sound so i sold the cat back, kept the mid pipe and just put the stock rear back on with BMW sleeve clamps.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 03:08 AM   #31
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Nel View Post
Hi Doughboy whats a Equal length REAR section, is that inside the back box?
No its between back box and mid box.

I'll try to post some pictures up.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 11:37 AM   #32
M2Nel
Rep
Drives: M2Comp

Quote:
No its between back box and mid box.

I'll try to post some pictures up.
I know what you mean now , i have seen your pics how you added 14in to one side.
I contacted XtremeStainless who did yours but he said hes not doing this type of thing ATM

I have just bought some Scorpion PPF delete pipes, so will see if they improve the sound at all
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 12:53 PM   #33
Zagi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1862730
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 04:33 PM   #34
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Think about it. Milltek cat back will fit with stock midsection. So the joint position and diameters are compatible.

Then the milltek highflow midsection will fit with the milltek cat back so again the joint position and diameter are compatible with stock or milltek cat back, it has to be or else the cat back wouldn't fit with stock mid pipe.

What milltek mean is they DON'T WANT to sell you just the mid pipe.

At first i bought highflow mid pipe and cat back together. Didn't like the sound so i sold the cat back, kept the mid pipe and just put the stock rear back on with BMW sleeve clamps.
Noted thanks for this. I think this is what I am going to do as well.
Appreciate 0