BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Seeking Mperformance Exhaust Buying Advise

06-22-2023, 09:29 PM   #1
OG_M2_11
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 F87 LCI

Seeking Mperformance Exhaust Buying Advise

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a 2018 M2 F87 LCI within the next few months. I was thinking it might be best to buy one that hasn't been modified at all then doing just the following:

1. Getting a Mperformance Exhaust installed with the carbon fibre tips. Can anybody enlighten me on what this would cost installed and who you would recommend?

2. Carbon Fibre diffuser

That would be what I would do when I first get the car.

Thanks
First time poster, long time lurker
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2023, 05:04 AM   #2
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

The M performance exhaust isn’t the easiest item to get a hold of as I don’t think anyone would have any sitting stock of the exhaust thus it would need to be brought in from overseas. I did read some people were told by BMW a few years back that the exhaust no longer meets Australian Design Rules which I presume was down to the valves being able to be closed and opened with the Bluetooth button.

Then again around a year ago, I bumped into one person that was able to order and get their OG m performance exhaust installed from the BMW Melbourne dealership, which to my memory was around 4.2-4.5k for the exhaust itself. The genuine carbon tips are around are around 1.8-2k. The titanium tips were around 1.5k.

I would also give Elite Euro Performance or SouthernBM a try to see if they can get the exhaust for you too. I know they have been able to in the past.

I’ve seen a few selling second hand in the past few years in the Melbourne M2 facebook group - so it’s worth joining the group to see what people are parting out with.

Same with the above for the genuine carbon fibre diffuser - I would try Elite Euro Performance, SouthernBM or any of the BMW dealerships as I think this is a pretty straightforward piece to get a hold of and install. I believe the diffuser new goes for around 1.8k-2k in Australia. Possibly could source one much cheaper from the UK. A replica carbon item is around $500.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2023, 05:29 PM   #3
OG_M2_11
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF87Melb View Post
The M performance exhaust isn’t the easiest item to get a hold of as I don’t think anyone would have any sitting stock of the exhaust thus it would need to be brought in from overseas. I did read some people were told by BMW a few years back that the exhaust no longer meets Australian Design Rules which I presume was down to the valves being able to be closed and opened with the Bluetooth button.

Then again around a year ago, I bumped into one person that was able to order and get their OG m performance exhaust installed from the BMW Melbourne dealership, which to my memory was around 4.2-4.5k for the exhaust itself. The genuine carbon tips are around are around 1.8-2k. The titanium tips were around 1.5k.

I would also give Elite Euro Performance or SouthernBM a try to see if they can get the exhaust for you too. I know they have been able to in the past.

I’ve seen a few selling second hand in the past few years in the Melbourne M2 facebook group - so it’s worth joining the group to see what people are parting out with.

Same with the above for the genuine carbon fibre diffuser - I would try Elite Euro Performance, SouthernBM or any of the BMW dealerships as I think this is a pretty straightforward piece to get a hold of and install. I believe the diffuser new goes for around 1.8k-2k in Australia. Possibly could source one much cheaper from the UK. A replica carbon item is around $500.
Thanks for the feedback BMWF87Melb
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2023, 06:19 PM   #4
F87M2Melb
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_M2_11 View Post
Thanks for the feedback BMWF87Melb
No problems. Are you looking to get a manual? Might know of a 2017 (non-LCI) with MPE for sale.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2023, 07:36 PM   #5
OG_M2_11
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87M2Melb View Post
No problems. Are you looking to get a manual? Might know of a 2017 (non-LCI) with MPE for sale.
Thanks, Ideally looking at a DCT LCI model, under 30,000klms. What are the details of the manual non-LCI
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 09:38 PM   #6
Gazzamagoondy
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Hockenheim Silver

I purchased a genuine M Performance carbon diffuser from ML Performance, cost 565 UK pounds
Appreciate 0