BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Reconsidering MY2016

06-03-2016, 05:58 AM   #45
BMWPWR
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
Any chance you can summarise what they're saying.
I used google translate and not any clearer.
I don't understand turkish. Although from what I can see, there's a dealer in turkey basically saying that the 2016 NBT Evo unit already has iDrive 5.0 and can be coded to activate by using the parameters below;

HU_NBT_EVO -> 3000 HMI, 96 -> HMI_VERSIO's - set to "ID5 " HU_NBT_EVO -> 3000 HMI, 96 -> HMI_ID_VERSIO's - set to" id5_plus_plus "

You cannot currently connect to BMW's servers to activate until July 1.

I'm assuming that iDrive 5.0 will run although the controller buttons won't be listed accurately due to name change and the resolution won't be as large as the MY2017 screen.

This is all in theory obviously, I'm only going by what i've read. I'm sure you'll be able to retrofit if you want to with the large res display and new controller. All depends if the hardware of the NBT Evo unit hasn't been upgraded either, otherwise the newer interface may lag etc.
Appreciate 1