06-18-2015, 06:46 AM   #23
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrip View Post
Most likely, the first two months of M2 will be similar to the 1M vs. M3 lease situation back in 2011.

At the time, I qualified for employee lease and nobody had the foresight that the 1M was going to be worth MSRP 3 years later with miles...

At the time, the residual percentages were similar however the 1M was given BMW's "new model demand money factor" referred to as "standard rate".

At the time, I was comparing these two deals...you tell me what you would have done considering that you didn't know 1M was going to be worth insane future values.

2011 M3 DCT 75,900 MSRP
Zero money down, rolled drive offs $689 a month including tax.

2011 1M
Zero money down, rolled drive offs $838 a month including tax.

Since we knew both vehicles performed equally, it was a no brainer to decide at the time...in retrospect, I would have gotten all of my lease payments back having gotten a 1M. Ridiculous.

For me, I am not that excited for the M2 since there won't be significant weight savings enough to justify the lesser engine. They really need to just put the M3/4 engine in there since the weight is so similar. I guarantee there are only a small percentage of us who could actually gain track performance advantage from the smaller vehicle at the same weight.

Also, pending the actual M2 production pictures, I can only assume it will be a tad more masculine than an IMO very feminine M235i. The M3/4 is going to win the looks contest all day in most driver's eyes.

I believe the M2 production will be just a tad less than the current M235i. Given that fact, the M235i is still somewhat hard to acquire so the new market still contains higher demand than supply. The fact that they're offering the M2 in only four colors might lead us to believe it will be greatly reduced production but that could just be another one of BMW's stupid tricks.

Currently, you can lease basic M3 for around 700 a month...that being said, the M2 would have to be significantly less per month for me to consider it...circa 550 a month. That is definitely not going to be the case so it seems the 2016 M3 lci competition package might just be the right answer at $750 a month.

That's crazy...hard to believe the 1M leased so bad. Also - killer deal on the M3. I'm assuming that's based on employee discount? I can't figure out how a $75k car with a residual around 62-63% would be under $700.

I truly hope they don't fuck everyone over with the residuals for the M2...I'm looking to lease one when they drop and hoping the residual is where the M235i is (62-65% on average).
Appreciate 0