05-14-2015, 04:13 PM   #45
G-Mann
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrinavi View Post
GT350 is not going to be cheap.

Base price is rumored to be $53k and the options are expensive - Most people will order the tech & track package. Puts you at $67k for a freaking mustang.

2015 GT350 Option Pricing (MSRP):
Tech Package = $7500.
Track Package = $6500.
Navigation = $795.
Painted Black Roof = $695.
Triple Yellow = $495.
Over the top stripes = $475.

2015 GT350-R Option Pricing (MSRP):
R Package (over base GT350) = $3500.
SVT Touring Package = $3,000.
Navigation = $795.
Painted Black Roof = $695.
Over the top stripes = $475.
Damn it adds up real fast. $7500 for tech pkg and no Nav?

Quote:
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it's a freaking duck.
It may look like a "duck" but the GT350 is not walking or talking like any of the other ducks. With this logic a 228i 235i and m2 are the same duck.

2022 M4 Comp X
2021 M440ix - Sold
2015 M235 - Sold
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2015, 07:35 AM   #46
sgrinavi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 911GTS & 2014 X1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
Damn it adds up real fast. $7500 for tech pkg and no Nav?

It may look like a "duck" but the GT350 is not walking or talking like any of the other ducks. With this logic a 228i 235i and m2 are the same duck.
I follow the GT350 forums, I appreciate it for what it is; a fancy mustang which is going to be purchased, mostly, by the usual suspects. These yoyos are already trying to figure out if they can supercharge the motor.

The M2, 228 and 235 are the same duck is some regards. Don't kid yourself.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 10:42 AM   #47
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
I follow the GT350 forums, I appreciate it for what it is; a fancy mustang which is going to be purchased, mostly, by the usual suspects. These yoyos are already trying to figure out if they can supercharge the motor.
Ummm, that's what Mericans do. Doesn't matter if it's a $2k ricer or $250k Lambo, Mericans are going to mod the hell out of whatever to produce as much power as their wallets can afford.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 01:19 PM   #48
sgrinavi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
Ummm, that's what Mericans do. Doesn't matter if it's a $2k ricer or $250k Lambo, Mericans are going to mod the hell out of whatever to produce as much power as their wallets can afford.
Not all of us, just the guys that think drag racing is the standard by which your penis is measured.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 01:33 PM   #49
JRV
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 AWE90M3

Better head to your Ford dealer now if you want a GT350/R. It's going to be limited to 137 and out of that number the R is limited to 37....for the first year that is.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 02:10 PM   #50
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

I'd bet the M2 starts at 50
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2015, 12:30 PM   #51
iamdabest1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 m3 dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3
If the M2 comes anywhere close to 60 grand I really can't see purchasing one over the Cadillac ATS V. All the videos and reviews of the caddy just make it a no brainer. I did not care for the looks of the standard ATS but the V looks really sweet. It out performs the M3/M4 too.
The 235i loaded is already like 53k what makes you think the m2 won't be 60k? I think it'll start at 55 and fully loaded to 65k easy
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 03:29 PM   #52
vantagesc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRV View Post
Better head to your Ford dealer now if you want a GT350/R. It's going to be limited to 137 and out of that number the R is limited to 37....for the first year that is.
That's only because 2015 is an anniversary year for the Mustang and they wanted to release a small amount as MY2015 to commemorate the event. They could easily have said that production will not start until MY2016 or later, but wanted to release at least some MY2015s.

So the output is limited for the model year 2015, but not calendar year 2015. Still may be a poplar car that is difficult to get, not just 137 units difficult.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 10:07 PM   #53
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

if the m2 starts @ $50k maybe i should wait for the freakin' 2 series (lol). i was expecting $55k+ but it may be in the low $50s as i think about it.. hmmm... if it approaches 60 grand i'm keeping my m3.

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 01:17 AM   #54
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Not all of us, just the guys that think drag racing is the standard by which your penis is measured.
Insecure much?

Some may mod it for drag racing others for drift, and then some for outright speed or track, and others for bragging. Furthermore, they already have a special Mustang for drag racing. The idiots who are wondering if you can put a supercharger on it are the same ones who probably can't handle the car in the first place.
Remember, American (Southern California) is where modding (hot rodding) began. And all these American companies from Dinan for BMW, Renntech for Mercedes, Underground Racing for exotics, Hennessey for Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Mercedes, Ferrari, etc and Alpha Performance for the GTR have clients that pay a ton. So there is a market. Then you have Brabus and G Power in Germany, and a host of Japanese tuners...bottom line is people want "Moah Powah!!!" And there are people who provide it.
Let's not lump all those people with negative stereotypes, because it's a poor reflection.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2015, 05:44 AM   #55
ABPReader
Deserter
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BM&W

Last edited by ABPReader; 10-14-2015 at 03:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 07:05 AM   #56
IS3andME
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_00 View Post
It's funny how people prefer buy a price than a car...
Take at look at Ferrarichat. They talk more about price of the car they have, than actually enjoying the car. Enzo Ferrari would be disgusted. Or would he? Back in the day, he didn't care too much for the customers.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 07:12 AM   #57
sgrinavi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
Insecure much?

Some may mod it for drag racing others for drift, and then some for outright speed or track, and others for bragging. Furthermore, they already have a special Mustang for drag racing. The idiots who are wondering if you can put a supercharger on it are the same ones who probably can't handle the car in the first place.
So, basically, you agree with me that they shouldn't mod the GT350 for drag racing, but yet you still feel the need to diss me. Interesting.

I would actually say it's the other way around, my security is not based on the amount of HP I have under the hood, but apparently yours bolstered by doubting others security.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 07:28 AM   #58
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Listen, if you guys spec an M2 to mid 60's, that's your own damn fault. No one is putting a gun to your head and saying you should tick every single option possible. And if you want those options, pay for it and shut up. That's how the Germans have played the game for decades, nothing new here.

For me personally, it's no different than buying an M3/4. At mid 60's, the M3 makes perfect sense to me. At $90k, the car makes 0 sense. Same with the M2. At low 50's, brilliant choice. At say $65k, not so much.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 07:36 AM   #59
Bemo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3 LRP Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Listen, if you guys spec an M2 to mid 60's, that's your own damn fault. No one is putting a gun to your head and saying you should tick every single option possible. And if you want those options, pay for it and shut up. That's how the Germans have played the game for decades, nothing new here.

For me personally, it's no different than buying an M3/4. At mid 60's, the M3 makes perfect sense to me. At $90k, the car makes 0 sense. Same with the M2. At low 50's, brilliant choice. At say $65k, not so much.
I agree with your reasoning. The only thing I'd add is that it would be a dd for some folks so some options will have to be had. In that sense, if you start approaching mid 60's, it becomes a rip off...that is until ED Invoice pricing starts to materialize. Not year 1 though...
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 07:55 AM   #60
UpNcOmINg!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e82 BMW 135i

I don't buy a car based purely on specifications. I am a simpleton in that regard in any case seeing as I want a "stripped" ///M2 to keep weight and price to a minimum but still get the maximum enjoyment from the car.

I don't need Nav
I don't need electric seats
I don't need leather seats even
Definitely don't need Heads up or comfort access (although the latter is nice, I will admit that much), don't need heated seats (Thank you South Africa), definitely don't need to spend an additional $5,000-8,000 on options.
I will keep my spec basic.
So if the basic spec is anywhere between $50-53k, I will be happy.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 08:10 AM   #61
IS3andME
Major
Rep

Quote:
So, basically, you agree with me that they shouldn't mod the GT350 for drag racing, but yet you still feel the need to diss me. Interesting.

I would actually say it's the other way around, my security is not based on the amount of HP I have under the hood, but apparently yours bolstered by doubting others security.
I may feel that people who don't even have the GT350 yet who want to mod it are idiots. Specifically if you have a bespoked engine, and the car will be limited in it's first year run. That means that the cars will be more valuable. Which means someone is thinking about effing up the car, before they even can get them or know how to use them. I generally feel that way about other cars, M3s,M2s, etc. Because I believe that if you thinking about mods to the car beforehand, it is not the car you are about. It's not even the hp. It's something else entirely. Possibly about acceptance. It''s like the people who buy the steroids before even stepping foot into the gym---not building a base or a relationship with the body first.

You feel the need to make a statement about those who mod in general is wrapped up in the size of their "piston". Just like those people who say that getting an exotic is the same. There are people who mod the cars for the track. Would your statement apply to them?

If my security was based on doubting others, I would be a very secure man in this World of Insecurity.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 09:30 AM   #62
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
This is becoming one of those threads where I have to keep reminding myself what the actual OP topic was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Listen, if you guys spec an M2 to mid 60's, that's your own damn fault.
I agree - if you choose a bunch of options, and the price goes over $60k, then no complaining that it's over $60k. This car isn't (and certainly shouldn't) be one where all the luxury bells and whistles are included in the base spec. I just hope that the option sheet is accommodating to those of us who want just a couple select options beyond a complete stripper... Blue Tooth integration and Heads-up display would be my choices. (I know HUD is not even available on the current 2 series, but I hope it is on the M2... I find it very helpful on the track - especially the RPM indicator like the M3/4s have.)

Back off topic for a moment... as for mods, many enthusiasts like to mod their cars. Period. Some of us do it for the track, others for light-to-light bragging rights, and still others just for show. To each their own (and this enthusiast forum seems an odd place to call people out for this). There are some basic mods that I will ALWAYS do to my cars... coding to remove goofy disclaimers on the nav screen, ugly orange reflectors and glowing front turn indicators, opening up intake and exhaust for better engine breathing/sound, etc. To me, these types of mods are in keeping with the original design philosophy of the car before it was compromised for the US market for various reasons. Depending on the car, there are certainly other mods I would consider as well, but the above are a must for me.
      05-18-2015, 09:50 AM   #63
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC View Post
This is becoming one of those threads where I have to keep reminding myself what the actual OP topic was...

I agree - if you choose a bunch of options, and the price goes over $60k, then no complaining that it's over $60k. This car isn't (and certainly shouldn't) be one where all the luxury bells and whistles are included in the base spec. I just hope that the option sheet is accommodating to those of us who want just a couple select options beyond a complete stripper... Blue Tooth integration and Heads-up display would be my choices. (I know HUD is not even available on the current 2 series, but I hope it is on the M2... I find it very helpful on the track - especially the RPM indicator like the M3/4s have.)

Back off topic for a moment... as for mods, many enthusiasts like to mod their cars. Period. Some of us do it for the track, others for light-to-light bragging rights, and still others just for show. To each their own (and this enthusiast forum seems an odd place to call people out for this). There are some basic mods that I will ALWAYS do to my cars... coding to remove goofy disclaimers on the nav screen, ugly orange reflectors and glowing front turn indicators, opening up intake and exhaust for better engine breathing/sound, etc. To me, these types of mods are in keeping with the original design philosophy of the car before it was compromised for the US market for various reasons. Depending on the car, there are certainly other mods I would consider as well, but the above are a must for me.
You're absolutely right, I had to go back there and double check what we were all even talking about. Not sure how we got into the topic of modding. Still not sure why we are comparing this to an ATS-V to begin with either.

Btw, I'm not a coding guru by any means, but I was told that you could program these newer cars to have blutooth. It's already pre-wired on all cars.

There, this thread has been useful. I potentially just saved you $500

P.S. To go off topic again... where are these test cars? You'd think the Frankfurt auto show is only 4 months away, we'd be seeing way more of them. Unless they are done with testing already?
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 10:55 AM   #64
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Btw, I'm not a coding guru by any means, but I was told that you could program these newer cars to have blutooth. It's already pre-wired on all cars.

There, this thread has been useful. I potentially just saved you $500
lol... good point, maybe I'll just do that! Although I think the $500 also gets you a USB port, which I currently use all the time for music.

My concern is how some of the option packages stack up... e.g.
On the 228i, you can stick with manual seats, but if you want lumbar support and/or a universal garage door opener (both of which I like), you need the $4k premium package - which includes a bunch of crap. And a sunroof.
On an M3, if you want HUD, you need to opt for the $4300 Executive package, including such bullshit as retractable headlight washers.

Fail.

Edit... I wonder if universal garage door openers can be retrofitted. Hmmmm...

Last edited by DVC; 05-18-2015 at 11:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 11:09 AM   #65
filet.M2c
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2c / mach e

I would like comfort access because I gained real utility when I had it on my 135i. Not having to take your keys out of your pocket has some nice advantages. Bluetooth/USB and HK are also nice because music definitely enhances my driving experience. I just hope they don't lump something like CA in the executive package because I have no interest in a heated steering wheel, rear view cameras, headlight washers, or parking sensors. These are things I don't want to pay for... though I wouldn't be against a HUD.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #66
IS3andME
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC View Post

True, true...I had to sit back for a bit...
Appreciate 0