BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Trying to digest all the alignment threads

05-04-2023, 03:58 PM   #23
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

My car feels good again. He said things were pretty out of whack as far as front toe and camber was quite low.

Front toe is now zero, rear camber is a touch better then -1.9. we got to chatting and I forgot to ask about front camber. Rear camber was restricted by the toe and keeping the camber numbers equal across the rears.

He's a 944 P car enthusiast, but loves my CS. He recommended trying the Michelins hot pressures at 33F and 37R.

I'm wondering if I hit some pot holes and got my alignment out of whack. Is there an easy way to mark a fresh alignment to see if/when things start to drift?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 09:11 AM   #24
aroundelway
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
My vorshlag camber plates are going on. I'll be setting them to -2.5 fr and -18. re. What fr/re pressures do you run?
It depends on the tire and circumstance. I generally aim for 33-35 hot.

My current setup is -2.7 at the front and I am going to dial in more this week.

Toe, caster etc its all important and there are a lot of considerations beyond just slapping in more negative camber, but at the root of it all is negative camber....'

Stock, the options are very limited. Even with plates you have some limitations. To really get adjustability and the strength to stay put at your spec you need to go after market. A few places make the parts, I prefer SPL because of their support. Control arms, bushings and toe links are where I would start.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 09:15 AM   #25
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

He told to that I shouldn't be afraid to run the 240 connect. It's his favorite current tire. At some point I'll get a solution to dial in more camber in the front. When that time comes I hit track days so infrequently that I may just have a two wheel alignment done before and after track days. Just add it into the track costs. At the end of the day I bet the tire longevity offsets the added alignment cost.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 09:09 AM   #26
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Adding my observations from driving yesterday. I believe my rear camber before this alignment he said was less than -1.3. Going from that to -1.9 is quite a dramatic difference in the corners. It's hard to describe. As you get into a corner the car gets to a pointt where it feels very free, like there is little resistance or slowing of the car while cornering and feels extremely planted. Similar to how an engine feels when the timing is spot on. Very nice feeling. I can tell it will wear the inside of the tires more quickly.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 12:26 AM   #27
ZL9M2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 ZL9-'20 M2CS-'68 1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdogk View Post
My vorshlag camber plates are going on. I'll be setting them to -2.5 fr and -18. re. What fr/re pressures do you run?
If I remember correctly about 33 - 34. I have a temp probe and simply adjust so that temps are even across the face of the tire. The issue is the first session this is about 28 - 29 cold and the tires need to carefully be brought up to temp. I usually start at 29 cold then bleed down after the first session.
Appreciate 0