BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > BMW M2 CS CFRP roof weave issues: "Garching, we have a problem" ?

03-10-2024, 12:12 PM   #199
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Cross-referencing:
      03-13-2024, 10:25 AM   #200
m2ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: people crazy

So, without reading the multiple threads about this roof issue can someone tell me if this will happen to all CS models?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 01:48 PM   #201
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2ss View Post
So, without reading the multiple threads about this roof issue can someone tell me if this will happen to all CS models?

Thanks.
I think it is unclear. I thought I was noticing a strange pattern on mine, but looked more closely and it looks fine. It's very apparent that bmw uses a tinted clear coat to try and mask some imperfections. My car is rarely in direct sunlight. Not that sunlight is a cause, but could be a factor. I'm also in a relatively mild climate where the car doesn't sit in below freezing temps for very long if at all.
      03-14-2024, 01:34 PM   #202
NPTM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2ss View Post

Thanks.

Crystal ball question, impossible to answer and that to me is largely because we still don't know what EXACTLY is happening here.

The weave imperfection issue is from the factory and cosmetic only, so that doesn't bother me.

The "bubbling" issue was clearly a structural deformity requiring replacement, but that issue seems rare.

The issue I posted on (the "fogging" in the clear coat near the windshield), and the other one another member flagged where it looked flaky white in spots...TBD if that's cosmetic, structural, impacts all or just some, no clue.

BUT my car has 3.5K miles and is garage kept / climate controlled...and know the original owner had a similar setup...so it's seemingly happening without harsh climate / sunlight to blame...

Taking mine to BMW in ~2 months for annual service, and reporting in then to get it on record and start the dialogue with BMW on what my options are. If cosmetic, I'd love to just get my hands on a new roof and keep that in storage...I really dont want anyone tearing my car apart for something that doesnt bother me THAT much...but if it's a structural deformity, that changes everything...TBD but I will keep everyone posted for sure.
Appreciate 2
Hedoniste3834.00
m2ss1784.00