BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California > Bay Area Shop Rec: A-1 Imports Autoworks (San Rafael)

01-31-2023, 06:12 PM   #1
gichoke
Captain Generale
Rep
Drives: 18' M2

Bay Area Shop Rec: A-1 Imports Autoworks (San Rafael)

Hi F87 Fam - I just wanted to post a recommendation / shout out to JP Cadoux, owner of A-1 Imports Autoworks in San Rafael, CA (just off the 580 bridge next to Home Depot / BMW San Rafael).

JP is a BMW enthusiast, former Spec E30 racer -> transitioning to the E46 as we speak, and an awesome mechanic. He knows a lot about racing, BMWs, and fixing BMWs.

He takes care of regular maintenance on G20 M340, and most importantly my OG M2. He recently did all the work for my suspension upgrade which included:
-Bilstein B16 coilovers
-Turner monoball thrust arms
-M2C carbon fiber / aluminum brace retrofit (including all OEM panels)

He is a decent, honest mechanic who does great work, in a timely and cost efficient manner. If you are north of the bay bridge and need some work done, he / A1 is your guy. He usually has a variety of cool cars being worked on, from concours level 2002s, drift E36 M3s, Spec e30s, and everything else in between.

And before you ask no, he isn't paying me to say this, I am trying to support an awesome member of our community that is flying way under the radar for the enthusiast crowd.