BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Frustrating: why didn't BMW address the stock suspension, costing me $4K ?

04-19-2020, 08:27 AM   #45
panda-R
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
You're missing the point.

BMW could have made the suspension softer and handle better for the same money, but they chose to make it "feel" sporty for the general population, just like they chose to make it sound aggressive with ASD.

Nothing wrong with either of these things IMO, but not on an M car...

Let the poseur's be poseur's, the M should represent pure performance.
Nah, you can't have everything. You can't tune a suspension for every surface type. For a passive damper setup your going to need to pick and choose which battle to fight. You can't have softer and better handling on the shitty roads of America. The suspension works fine on the better roads of Canada and I bet it works even better in Germany. Oh hey that's where the m2c came from. There's also something called smooth track surfaces where it probably shines.

This thread should really be about why does America have such shitty roads when they have so much money they print and owe so much debt.
Appreciate 3
BigKutta3906.50
Moflow2484.50
nis270r33.00
      04-19-2020, 08:50 AM   #46
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda-R View Post
Nah, you can't have everything. You can't tune a suspension for every surface type. For a passive damper setup your going to need to pick and choose which battle to fight. You can't have softer and better handling on the shitty roads of America. The suspension works fine on the better roads of Canada and I bet it works even better in Germany. Oh hey that's where the m2c came from. There's also something called smooth track surfaces where it probably shines.

This thread should really be about why does America have such shitty roads when they have so much money they print and owe so much debt.
And again, you're overlooking a lot.

If they can make the M2 RHD & LHD, and all the other bits they change for different countries, they could tweak the suspension for such...much easier...yet they didn't, and they won't, because they created it to feel crashy...to make it feel sporty.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 09:41 AM   #47
panda-R
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

If they can make the M2 RHD & LHD, and all the other bits they change for different countries, they could tweak the suspension for such...much easier...yet they didn't, and they won't, because they created it to feel crashy...to make it feel sporty.
Sounds like you're a businessman? Imagine the costs to suspension tune for every country.

So just like the OP, do you want to pay BMW another 4k to tune the suspension for your 'specific' country and roads? I didn't think so. So it's not crashy and sporty.

Please rename thread to , 'buys cheapest funnest M car and complains that it's not better than everything at its price point.'
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 10:03 AM   #48
panda-R
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Oh yeah, just because you say someone is missing the point or overlooking it doesn't make your argument stronger. It just makes you look like you have nothing better to say and that the only thing you considering is your own point of view which can be seen that you think that this suspension was tuned for your own enjoyment rather than a global mass audience.

It's Sunday morning and Imma go drive this crashy non working suspension that I need to spend another 4k to fix because BMW made it defectively sporty and not good handling.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 10:10 AM   #49
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i - Lexus NX300 F

Quote:
You think physics doesn't apply to you. Go back to school and you can afford another 4k for your suspension.
You can go research on nitrogen and how it works!! it does not change variables based on temperature and the tire pressure when the car is under extreme loads- you're more than welcome to test this theory yourself I have tested it and my tire pressure does not change when I'm driving my car aggressively.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 10:31 AM   #50
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenGT View Post
You can go research on nitrogen and how it works!! it does not change variables based on temperature and the tire pressure when the car is under extreme loads- you're more than welcome to test this theory yourself I have tested it and my tire pressure does not change when I'm driving my car aggressively
You sound like someone who chooses to "research" flat earth theories and antivax.

I sent you articles from tire manufacturers themselves.

Take a high school physics class and you'll learn that nitrogen is affected by temperature changes.

Hell just turn on your iDrive TPMS and watch your temps and pressure rise. You're clueless.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 10:39 AM   #51
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Man, from his responses to facts OP really is "that guy" everyone meets at a cars and coffee who swears he is an expert on everything after reading like one post on a forum somewhere.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 6
nioh_lbbm21716.50
Davil6524.50
natmad667.00
panda-R277.50
EthanEJC199.50
      04-19-2020, 10:45 AM   #52
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
You sound like someone who chooses to "research" flat earth theories and antivax.
I sent you articles from tire manufacturers themselves.
Take a high school physics class and you'll learn that nitrogen is affected by temperature changes.
Hell just turn on your iDrive TPMS and watch your temps and pressure rise. You're clueless.
Nope! I have tested it myself. Go do your own testing data and post it.

You can't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about when I've been using nitrogen all my cars for the past six years.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 10:50 AM   #53
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

"You cant tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when I haven't been vaccinating my kids for 6 years."

"You cant tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when I haven't seen a shark for 6 years. They don't exist!"

I mean I could go on, but I think we all get how this reasoning is deeply flawed....

Here, prove us all wrong. Go get in your car and take a picture of the tire pressure and temperature on your car. Then drive hard as hell for 30 minutes - track, autocross, or canyon driving preferable - then take another picture. Show us how wrong we are. Put up or shut up, because ever credible source literally everywhere says your wrong.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 3
nioh_lbbm21716.50
pz6193278.50
      04-19-2020, 10:55 AM   #54
beanfritter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C

Exclamation

Quote:
You can go research on nitrogen and how it works!! it does not change variables based on temperature and the tire pressure when the car is under extreme loads- you're more than welcome to test this theory yourself I have tested it and my tire pressure does not change when I'm driving my car aggressively.
You are wrong. You might be able to fool people on an internet forum, but you cannot fool reality.

I typically use these types of internet forums as an information source. It is frustrating to encounter bad information... so for the benefit of anyone reading this thread who does not know better, this person is 100% mistaken.

If you constrain the volume of a gas (e.g. by putting it in a tire), the pressure will absolutely increase if you increase its temperature (e.g. by driving hard). Nitrogen (in this case the compound N2 rather than the element N) is no exception to this fact.
Appreciate 1
nioh_lbbm21716.50
      04-19-2020, 11:04 AM   #55
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep

I'm done!! This becoming a pointless post. At this point it's just giving board people something to do.

Please close—
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 11:07 AM   #56
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm done!! This becoming a pointless post. At this point it's just giving board people something to do.

Please close—
But didn't you say it doesn't change pressure at all and that nitrogen doesn't fluctuate at all? This literally says the opposite. Just admit you're wrong man, and let's move on.
Appreciate 1
nioh_lbbm21716.50
      04-19-2020, 11:11 AM   #57
beanfritter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C

Quote:
I'm done!! This becoming a pointless post.
Maybe not yet. You might learn something.

Educate yourself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_gas_law
Appreciate 1
nioh_lbbm21716.50
      04-19-2020, 11:11 AM   #58
panda-R
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No the only incompetent person I see is you!!

You can go research on nitrogen and how it works!! it does not change variables based on temperature and the tire pressure when the car is under extreme loads- you're more than welcome to test this theory yourself I have tested it and my tire pressure does not change when I'm driving my car aggressively
If you want to stay dumb go ahead. Smart people don't need to win arguments on message boards tailored to whiners that don't know anything in life except how to lower their cars because lower is better.

Nitrogen the best! Green Tire valve Stem caps the best! They both don't change in pressure. I hope this thread gets archived to human history so that we can all learn from frozengt that nitrogen doesn't change pressure due to temperature. He's the next physicist we gotta trust in. Sheldon Cooper eat your heart out.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 11:11 AM   #59
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep

Based on my own experience with my cars. I have not experienced any change in pressure!!!

That's why I use it- maybe the quality of the nitrogen that you people have experienced was contaminated.

All this arguing started when a particular person came into this post and made smart comments which was unnecessary and childish.

Please
Close——
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 11:12 AM   #60
panda-R
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanfritter View Post
Maybe not yet. You might learn something.

Educate yourself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_gas_law
Don't try to educate him. He has google. Google always right. He probably too dumb to read an equation anyway.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 11:13 AM   #61
panda-R
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Based on my own experience with my cars. I have not experienced any change in pressure!!!

That's why I use it- maybe the quality of the nitrogen that you people have experienced was contaminated.

All this arguing started when a particular person came into this post and made smart comments which was unnecessary and childish.

Please
Close——
That would be me cuz I'll fight the whiners anyway of the week. But I have better things to do now like fix this sink hole in my yard. Peace.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 11:20 AM   #62
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Oh yeah, just because you say someone is missing the point or overlooking it doesn't make your argument stronger. It just makes you look like you have nothing better to say and that the only thing you considering is your own point of view which can be seen that you think that this suspension was tuned for your own enjoyment rather than a global mass audience.

It's Sunday morning and Imma go drive this crashy non working suspension that I need to spend another 4k to fix because BMW made it defectively sporty and not good handling.
You're the one going against the grain, these things have been known for quite some time.

Go drive your pile, I'll take a drive in my Lotus with a much softer suspension that will out-handle any M car ever made, regardless of price.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 11:30 AM   #63
wavyyyy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
2023 bmw m3 6mt  [0.00]
I actually quite liked the stock suspension outside of stance.
Appreciate 1
MrOhnoez557.50
      04-19-2020, 11:35 AM   #64
panda-R
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You're the one going against the grain, these things have been known for quite some time.

Go drive your pile, I'll take a drive in my Lotus with a much softer suspension that will out-handle any M car ever made, regardless of price.
You're as smart as frozen gt since I guess the only variable is the softer suspension that makes your Lotus handle better. Next F1 driver right here. Give him a round of an applause so he feels better for winning on the internet.

Yah I go against the grain cuz I'm not a sheep like you. Keep reading the internet you'll be smarter in no time.

I'll drive my minivan even softer than ur pos lotus. It'll out handle that UK crap anyday of the week in a parking lot. I win now I feel as good as you. Internet star.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 11:43 AM   #65
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
You're as smart as frozen gt since I guess the only variable is the softer suspension that makes your Lotus handle better. Next F1 driver right here. Give him a round of an applause so he feels better for winning on the internet.

Yah I go against the grain cuz I'm not a sheep like you. Keep reading the internet you'll be smarter in no time.

I'll drive my minivan even softer than ur pos lotus. It'll out handle that UK crap anyday of the week in a parking lot. I win now I feel as good as you. Internet star.
No need to cry where everyone can see you, just go to your usual corner
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 12:12 PM   #66
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Prove us wrong FrozenGT

Take a video of your TPMS starting in the morning then drive hard for an hour or two and see.

Your screenshot is talking about pressure seepage due to changes in temperature (I.e. air leaking overnight)

It's not saying your tires won't heat up and increase pressure within
Appreciate 0