BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Electroless Nickel Plating Calipers

05-25-2023, 10:22 AM   #1
Tiss'er
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LBB LCI

Electroless Nickel Plating Calipers

I have the OG M2 with the BLUE calipers that are turning green from tracking. I don't have issues with the brake performance as I run RBF660, Giro Discs, and PFC track pads. However, the green front calipers are driving me nuts as I still want my car to look it's best.

Has anyone nickel plated their OEM calipers? There is a company in town that will do it for $350, using the same process that ALCON or AP Racing use, Electroless Nickel Plating which is very resistant to heat and chemicals.

Any reason not to do it? Anything to look out for? I could also use G2 caliper paint to repaint to keep the OEM look. The rear calipers are fine, but I would ENP all 4 calipers.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 10:43 AM   #2
Dirtboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87, F97

I've been thinking about doing the same thing. Mine aren't green yet, but I'd do it just to stay ahead of it. What's the info on the company you found?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2023, 06:09 PM   #3
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

I've thought of this myself for other cars but never found anyone to do it, can you share a little more info on who you found to do that and if they've done numerous calipers before? I think it would look great and hold up better than the green OG M2 calipers.
Appreciate 0